User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: How to argue like an NT

Dreaming the life Array onemoretime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    No, it wasn't dumb or indefensible... in fact, it was a pretty clever perspective to take, because it was similar to the Unabomber's own perspective. From his own perspective, you can't fault him for his actions. Which does raise interesting questions.

That doesn't mean there was no element of trolling in it, though it was insightful. The best ones are often intelligent. He just chose to see it as dumb because it wasn't applicable to reality as it exists for most people.

I really meant to refer to the picture of the troll face, and his assumption that he had been trolled.
    Uh... the whole point of that cartoon is that people either claim to be trolling, or claim to be seeing something beyond the audience, when in reality, they just said something really stupid, and are too stubborn or proud to admit it.

It's OK to be human, guys

For me, with the God question:

"It all assumes that the concept of 'God' is even coherent. Given the fact that different people have mutually incompatitble definitions of their deity, it's virtually impossible for us to agree on what this concept 'God' means. So unless--by some almost impossible chance--we can find a definition of 'God' that is consistent, I'll have to say that the concept of 'God' is empty."-- an apathetic ignostic talking.

Assumption-questioning is my job, it seems.
    Even when we have lost hope in resolving the problems we have, we are still fundamentally part and parcel of the world. By virtue of this understanding, we can do anything realisable within the universe. [So don't give up ]

If you don't like the way this universe is - go somewhere else!" - Richard Feynman

What do you think about me?

Any well developed NT will employ far better debate tactics whether it's for sport or not.

I do appreciate the post though, it made me laugh.

I also just discovered this emoticon and I love it.