User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 143

  1. #101
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    Btw the link you edited in doesn't really prove your point, unless INTJs have a tendency to view being questioned as someone being an aggressor. Which they rarely are prone to become defensive of. Since, as in my variation, they seldom fall prey to.

  2. #102
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    He breathed.
    Great, that makes him, what, one out of 10 billion?

    Gotta come up with something more than that.

  3. #103
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    So we should respect his life, even though he didn't seem to respect the lives of the people he killed enough not to kill them?
    I did not say that you should be more respectful of people like him, only that, if you were, he would not have ended up so bad (in prison, that is).

    Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    But he didn't choose not to become one.
    I am no expert, but I presume one has no choice in this matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    I'm not saying that being a sociopath is generally a bad thing, but it's certainly not the most effective way of getting your point across (or recruiting support).
    Neither is dumbness, so you better choose not to lose your faculty of speech.

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Great, that makes him, what, one out of 10 billion?

    Gotta come up with something more than that.
    Why?

  4. #104
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    A is not B because it can also be C and D.

    *smattering of references*

    You are complaining about my introverted subjective viewpoint because of your introverted subjective viewpoint.

    *insert snide comment*

    *facepalm picture*
    This is a fairly accurate depiction of what generally composes the battle plan of the INTJ when locked in debate. To be honest, this is a great example of the self-selecting, quasi-sneer that always seems to typify our type.

    There's this implied sense of intellectual superiority as an extension of personal belief that his ideas are singularly correct - even when confronted with perfectly logical counterarguments. Maybe it's the fascist adherence to always being right, irrespective of expense, that gets my goat.

    We're a tough bunch to be around.

  5. #105
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Why?
    Because the world doesn't owe you anything. Kaczynski wasn't satisfied with the respect afforded to any other human being - he thought himself something greater. That's why he started sending bombs around.

  6. #106
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Because the world doesn't owe you anything.
    When being alive does not merit respect, then why should he respect the existence of others?

  7. #107
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    When being alive does not merit respect, then why should he respect the existence of others?
    Then, why should he respect his own existence, first and foremost? He should have offed himself, first. Others are secondary.

  8. #108
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Then, why should he respect his own existence, first and foremost? He should have offed himself, first. Others are secondary.
    He should not, but I guess that is where inconsistency would come into play: murder is illegal for citizens but not for executioners.

  9. #109
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    He should not, but I guess that is where inconsistency would come into play: murder is illegal for citizens but not for executioners.
    My response was an ethical consideration, not a legal one. Something can be legal but unethical.

  10. #110
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    You're also working to objectively clarify an intrinsically idiosyncratic means of behavior - emotional value systems are rarely subject to the lock-and-hammer drumbeat of reason and logical predictability.

    I love ketchup. But, I hate tomatoes. I'm aware of this constant. Yet, I'll continue to order my cheeseburgers without one vile, red fruit so I can have extra room for the same vile, red fruit.

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] How do I become more like an NT?
    By I Never Find Peace in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 03:47 PM
  2. [ISFJ] How to tell if an ISFJ likes you
    By DJAchtundvierzig in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 10:39 AM
  3. [E8] How to argue with an 8w7
    By yenom in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 04:14 PM
  4. [NT] How to mess with an NT's head
    By Amargith in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 256
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 11:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO