User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    A lack of empathy has nothing to do with MBTT and everything to do with a personality disorder.

Edit: At least I think.. if type does correlate with empathy, then I'd have to reconsider my belief in the system.
    Why? You don't think that NF types can empathize easier than NT types?
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    No. There really aren't any absolutes. I've had friends that only saw me when I was around friends and were surprised when they found out I was an I. And even if we didn't have empathy we could still probably fake it well enough.
    Well, shit. How do you type an INTJ? Can you really not know one when you see one? I don't feel obligated at all to adhere to any sort of social convention and I could care less - I know that I do things 100% because I like it that way - but sometimes I try because I don't want others to feel uncomfortable. There are tons of instances where I'm alone with somebody, and I know they feel awkward, so I start up a conversation (which I'm not bad at, contrary to the usual INTJ image). Half of the time I'd rather be thinking about who knows what, but it's not that big a deal to me or else I would shut up. It's not like I'm "tolerating" people, I'm not an asshole.

I don't like the idea of people feeling uncomfortable because of me or something I'm doing (I really resent intimidating but I guess I can't consciously alter that.)

I can't even tell if what I'm doing is insincere; I mean, I guess I might have good intentions. I do try to be expressive emotionally, but sometimes it's awkward. And when I don't, after something serious comes up, it's like "What's with this guy?"
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    INFP

From what I've read, empathy is the quality that distinguishes those with a healthy emotional state from those that are sociopaths. Given that, wouldn't that unfairly qualify NTs as more sociopathic?

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

There's a big difference between having empathy and displaying it.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    From what I've read, empathy is the quality that distinguishes those with a healthy emotional state from those that are sociopaths. Given that, wouldn't that unfairly qualify NTs as more sociopathic?
    I don't have a problem with socialized sociopaths. Would you care if your doctor was a sociopath if he was skilled and was the only person who could save your life? Same goes for lawyers, etc.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by FallsPioneer View Post
    Well, shit. How do you type an INTJ? Can you really not know one when you see one? I don't feel obligated at all to adhere to any sort of social convention and I could care less - I know that I do things 100% because I like it that way - but sometimes I try because I don't want others to feel uncomfortable. There are tons of instances where I'm alone with somebody, and I know they feel awkward, so I start up a conversation (which I'm not bad at, contrary to the usual INTJ image). Half of the time I'd rather be thinking about who knows what, but it's not that big a deal to me or else I would shut up. It's not like I'm "tolerating" people, I'm not an asshole.

I don't like the idea of people feeling uncomfortable because of me or something I'm doing (I really resent intimidating but I guess I can't consciously alter that.)

I can't even tell if what I'm doing is insincere; I mean, I guess I might have good intentions. I do try to be expressive emotionally, but sometimes it's awkward. And when I don't, after something serious comes up, it's like "What's with this guy?"
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...imidation.html
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ions-intj.html

dead eyes

MBTI
    INFP

Red herring.

MBTI
    INTJ

I get just as many "friendly"'s and "what a cool guy" as "intimidating." I always get "articulate," though.

I have to look through those threads in their entirety though (probably no way in hell with that 27 page intimidation one.)

MBTI
    INTJ

Read Blue Wing's INTJ profile.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think I understand wildcat's stuff more. But sure.

Edit: Oh, good God. I'll post again after reading that dissertation, which will be tomorrow.

And by that I mean thank you, looks like an interesting read.