123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Default INTx Relationship Problems

Is it just me, or do my fellow INTx's also have problems sustaining a serious romantic relationship? In the past two years at college, I have been through five different relationships (that might not sound like much to some of you out there, but to me, it's ridiculously a lot) with varying degrees of seriousness, the longest of which lasted for a month and a half. It's almost always the partner, not me, who does the breaking, which if you analyze my personality makes sense. Sometimes I can see the benefit of breaking up, as I did in two of those relationships, but most often I end up hurt and confused for about a week afterwards. (That's all it takes for me to recover emotionally-- less than a week. It's handy, actually.) The most recent one was especially troubling to me, as the girl (INFP) had said quite a bit of serious stuff in time leading up to up to our relationship, and then proceeded to dart out on me and completely close the door. This might be something that happens a lot, but being the 6w5 that I am, that false promise of loyalty made me quite angry. Apologies for the "this-is-my-life-story" post, I felt it gave context for my reasons for asking my next question...

So, all of you INTx's out there... tell me your experiences with these sort of things. Do you have/have you had a long-term romance? If so, what was it like, and whom was it with type-wise? I'm interested in learning anything I can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

figsfiggyfigs

you'll notice the pattern from some peoples stories on here.

It does seem like the INTPs beat the INTJs in this field, but you guys are pretty up there...

Second year of college as well. Been in about 4 relationships in my life. Longest one was about 2 months.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by sciguy90 View Post
    Second year of college as well. Been in about 4 relationships in my life. Longest one was about 2 months.
    Sounds very similar to me. You have any idea on what types they were/might have been?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Sounds very similar to me. You have any idea on what types they were/might have been?
    Not sure. Mostly extroverts I assume. Though one was an INFJ and that worked out for a short while. It would have been great, but she already had a boy friend =/

Banned

I must be an exception with a 5 year relationship under my belt.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    that ended. It's maintaining it thats the issue. :/

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    What was her type?

MBTI
    INTP

A man I was head over heels in love with broke up with me because "I clearly had no interest in [him] anymore". So yeah, perhaps I should work on being more demonstrative

EDIT: Just for the record we'd been together almost a year at that stage. Does that make it better or worse?
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    ENFJ

I really, *really* like it when my INTP calls me to say hello. But it happens so infrequently that it really surprises me when he does. I am completely capable of giving him all the space he wants/needs, but the sort of "hot/cold" cycle we have in our relationship is a bit stressful. That sort of basic relationship maintenance would go a long way, I think.