User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    TNT

Default Intuition or sensing, ENTJ or ESTJ

I ran across this cool post about the difference between an ENTJ and an ESTJ and I thought I should share it here.

Do you think people confuse these two personalities that often?

I have to say I've seen lots of cases when people think if an ESTJ is smart or goes to Harward, she must be an ENTJ then. I personally know a computer programmer who teaches at a university and I'm 99% he's an ESTJ.

Or when a person is open minded and not a control freak, hmm can't be an ENTJ, they are the business executives and bullies. Probably an ENTP.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'd find ENTJs and ESTJs are not so easily confused. They both may bear the same outwards confidence to whatever it is they are confident in but usually when they start to speak you'd find the things that are said a bit different.
    ESTJs have some sort of predictability in the things they say. It usually bears the same old things that have been said over often before. Usually a more traditional approach to how things are being done. ENTJs, with the same confidence, will say things that might spark a question mark in the mind a few times. Like a certain perspective of a claim that seems often foreign to the people who hear it.
    This doesn't deduce intelligence of the two types but more of something preferred by the individual ENTJ to the ESTJ.
    It is not rare at all to find ESTJs high in the academic field. Usually determined individuals who make best of what is known to work... so the Harvard claim sounds awfully off to me.

MBTI
    TNT

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    ESTJs have some sort of predictability in the things they say. It usually bears the same old things that have been said over often before. Usually a more traditional approach to how things are being done.
    Maybe this is just influenced by your experience with older ESTJs. I can understand that because I have an ESTJ dad and he's quite traditional.

But predictable to me sounds like an insult. It means you're dumb basically.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post
    Maybe this is just influenced by your experience with older ESTJs. I can understand that because I have an ESTJ dad and he's quite traditional.

But predictable to me sounds like an insult. It means you're dumb basically.
    No. It doesn't. It just means you're not trying to bring in new terms and ideas because you prefer the ones already known. It may not affect how well one's mind is able to rationalise certain situations.

ReflecTcelfeR

I agree. That's the point of Si. Consistency.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

ENTJs are weirder (when you get to know them). Less tactful, but better with people over a longer timespan (less imposing). Probably though the most noticeable factor is weirdness (or lack thereof).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

figsfiggyfigs

ESTJs, or at least the one I know, prides himself on being "normal".

MBTI
    N>JI

ESTJs like to command and obey, ENTJs like to command and command.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

to the op: that page seems to hit it more or less...

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    ENTJs are weirder (when you get to know them). Less tactful, but better with people over a longer timespan (less imposing). Probably though the most noticeable factor is weirdness (or lack thereof).
    nonono. I disagree. ENTJ's are usually *more* tactful than ESTJ's, unless it is a stressful event. ESTJ's have way more blinders on, coming across as obstinate and just oppressively commanding. In my opinion, ENTJ's dictate much more frequently with a sense of fairness and balance, instead of purely authoritative command. if things are not getting accomplished, both types can be completely tactless though. More often than not though an ENTJ has much less of a superiority complex.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    SCOEI / Inquisitive

Not sure if it's a superiority complex or an inherent belief in hierarchy which aligns with Si.

"It's done this way since it's a tried and true methodology" would be more of an ESTJ statement than an ENTJ. In other words, pretty much anything else is the "wrong" way to do things.