• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do unhealthy xNTPs look like?

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
I really want to know what INTP and ENTP have in common and in what they differ absolutely, in the unhealthy state.
Thanks.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is no absolute, it's a continuum.

The gist is that INTP typically is an abstract modeller, whereas ENTP likes to tinker in reality and make things manifest.
ENTP engages the world in a back and forth, INTP explores the world to take knowledge back inside for the model(s).

Typical problem for INTP is detaching too much from the world and desires, whereas ENTP is more likely to struggle with self-indulgence.

The two common functions are Ti and Ne.
When Ti is primary (INTP), Ne is used to bring back information for Ti to use much like a dog bringing back bones.
When Ne is primary (ENTP), Ti helps create and secure footing as the ENTP springs from one Ne connection to the next.

It's kind of hard to answer the question succinctly, since there are various types of INTPs, ENTPs, and un-health.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
There's this theory that unhealthy types are made up with a negative dominant function, an ignored auxiliary, a bossy tertiary and an immature inferior...
So for an ENTP you'll get a Ne + Fe + a little bit of whiny Si; while for an INTP you'd get a Ti + Si + some Fe...

I've known someone who more or less fits this unhealthy ENTP description. He's a genius and narcistic. He needs constant praise for his awesome ideas, using Fe rather than Ti to check their worth; but his Fe is lacking the other direction of working. Others have to respect his feelings, but the other way around isn't necessary. Si sometimes crops up in details which "should be done this way" without any reason.
I don't know any unhealthy INTP examples.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Something like this:
stock-photo-unhealthy-fat-man-sitting-on-couch-drinking-beer-and-eating-pizza-5817151.jpg

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
if you want to see unhealthy intp's in action, go to 4chan

Greta

MBTI Type
INTe
To hear some tell it, an unhealthy NTP is the default NTP.

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
I don't know any unhealthy INTP examples.

I'd say the reason for this is because unhealthy INTPs often just seem like retarded ISTJs; The Ti often can seem like inefficient Te, especially at work, they completely ignore funny things due to disgust of Ne, They make everything exactly like it's "usually done" and try to force that upon others(Si). The Fe actually barely shows up.

The_World_As_Will

I'd say the reason for this is because unhealthy INTPs often just seem like retarded ISTJs; The Ti often can seem like inefficient Te, especially at work, they completely ignore funny things due to disgust of Ne, They make everything exactly like it's "usually done" and try to force that upon others(Si). The Fe actually barely shows up.

This.

I had a nasty falling out with a very unhealthy INTP friend (though we are no longer friends), and I noticed a similar pattern to the above. I would add from what I observed that the ineffective Te sort acts as this shield of arrogance, like they didn't do anything but rather it's your problem since you're reacting to it, which is a trait i've noticed (and highly debated over) with an ISTJ friend... yeah they pretty much suck, stay away whenever you can.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Common "unhealthy" case for xNTP is explained in Inferior Functions. Fe and Si.

Uncommon unhealthiness is attributed to weakness in other functions.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
That's the most healthy entp I know, maybe we can define him as reference point for further measurement:

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0"].[/youtube]

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
There is no absolute, it's a continuum.

The gist is that INTP typically is an abstract modeller, whereas ENTP likes to tinker in reality and make things manifest.
ENTP engages the world in a back and forth, INTP explores the world to take knowledge back inside for the model(s).

Typical problem for INTP is detaching too much from the world and desires, whereas ENTP is more likely to struggle with self-indulgence.

The two common functions are Ti and Ne.
When Ti is primary (INTP), Ne is used to bring back information for Ti to use much like a dog bringing back bones.
When Ne is primary (ENTP), Ti helps create and secure footing as the ENTP springs from one Ne connection to the next.

It's kind of hard to answer the question succinctly, since there are various types of INTPs, ENTPs, and un-health.

I quote you because I don't understand well this: "INTP explores the world to take knowledge back inside for the model(s)"
I usually haven't a model, I construct my different models times after times with the different information that come from the outside and I try to unify in some logic way.
I usually arrive to my model like I should solve a puzzle game. I have some pieces who works and other not, and I finally I compose a model who seems right for me, but initially I don't know how this model is done, it is composed part after part.
I don't know if this is entp but it does not seems what you say about intp...

Good photos!! AHAH!! o entp seems phisically lazy but mentally active! rotfl! But Paris Hilton??!! She is off topic!

Intp in istj mode seems interesting. Never thought about this.

Thnaks to all.