ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Default Eight NTs more likely INTJs

Because of reading this:

Quote Originally Posted by Keirsey
    It is in their abilities that Masterminds differ from the other Rationals, while in most of their attitudes they are just like the others. However there is one attitude that sets them apart from other Rationals: they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will. They are rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population. Being very judicious, decisions come naturally to them; indeed, they can hardly rest until they have things settled, decided, and set. They are the people who are able to formulate coherent and comprehensive contingency plans, hence contingency organizers or "entailers."
    Reading Keirsey, I came to learn that the NT had a deep underlying sense of self-doubt and pessimism, but the INTJ seems to defy this notion.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

"The world is an unjust place. I am strong and I defend the innocent."

5w8

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

*Gasp* So the legends are true. The 5w8 exists!

If you think you are a 5w8, Night, it's most likely that you are either a Five who has integrated into or who is secure at Eight, or an Eight much like myself; one who doesn't fit the typical picture of a "gutsy" kind of boss (I think was the way Palmer put it in The Enneagram in Love and Work).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Very true, Ezra - this arrangement might explain why I'm notoriously difficult to type.

I'm quite gentle, but have an intense dislike for those who would fleece others for personal gain.

My disdain for bullies strikes an uneasy balance with my intensity for compassion.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    *Gasp* So the legends are true. The 5w8 exists!
    Not a 5w8, it's the line that connects 5 and 8 or 5 and 7. The wing is the neighboring type, in 5's case, 4 or 6. No, the 5 with an 8 wing does not exist -- the 5 with an 8 line does.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I'm quite gentle, but have an intense dislike for those who would fleece others for personal gain.
    A woman I knew, often referred to by others as the "outgoing type", would present herself as being affable and easy to approach. Ultimately this was a ruse, designed to attract others to sate her needs for external stimuli and companionship.

An intellectual I knew, quite the clever fellow, came across as interested in deconstructing modes of thought and ideas for greater knowledge, but in the end his concern was only culling data from the external world to develop his personal theories and models.

A business type I once met would present himself as being interested in peddling his wares and services in the belief that they would make easier the lives of others. In truth, he wanted simply to profit so that he could grow his business.

The list goes on. Every one of these people, fleecing others for their own gain.

Sickening.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    A woman I knew, often referred to by others as the "outgoing type", would present herself as being affable and easy to approach. Ultimately this was a ruse, designed to attract others to sate her needs for external stimuli and companionship.

An intellectual I knew, quite the clever fellow, came across as interested in deconstructing modes of thought and ideas for greater knowledge, but in the end his concern was only culling data from the external world to develop his personal theories and models.

A business type I once met would present himself as being interested in peddling his wares and services in the belief that they would make easier the lives of others. In truth, he wanted simply to profit so that he could grow his business.

The list goes on. Every one of these people, fleecing others for their own gain.

Sickening.

Ha - and in each, we find ourselves. Well said, Mycroft.

In the end, my concerns are with the more...preventable.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

This contradicts neither Five or Eight (although it would certainly make 8w9 more likely). Also, I don't understand why you use "but". Surely you could be both gentle and have an intense dislike for those who would fleece others for personal gain.

My disdain for bullies strikes an uneasy balance with my intensity for compassion.
    Again, I don't understand the conflict. How is it "uneasy"? No one likes bullies. It is indicative of neither type. I'd like to know how your compassion manifests itself before drawing any conclusions about type.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Not a 5w8, it's the line that connects 5 and 8 or 5 and 7. The wing is the neighboring type, in 5's case, 4 or 6. No, the 5 with an 8 wing does not exist -- the 5 with an 8 line does.
    I was joking.

MBTI
    type

Very true, Ezra - this arrangement might explain why I'm notoriously difficult to type.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    This contradicts neither Five or Eight (although it would certainly make 8w9 more likely). Also, I don't understand why you use "but". Surely you could be both gentle and have an intense dislike for those who would fleece others for personal gain.

Again, I don't understand the conflict. How is it "uneasy"? No one likes bullies. It is indicative of neither type. I'd like to know how your compassion manifests itself before drawing any conclusions about type.

I was joking.
    1) Because the depth of his gentleness means his intense dislike includes a propensity for violence towards those who would fleece others. It is a gentleness which paradoxically includes a latent capability for violence. Hence the 'but'.

2) Because it is the bullies for which Night feels compassion.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    1) Because the depth of his gentleness means his intense dislike includes a propensity for violence towards those who would fleece others. It is a gentleness which paradoxically includes a latent capability for violence. Hence the 'but'.

2) Because it is the bullies for which Night feels compassion.
    Quite impressive, elfinchilde.

Your insight is peerless.