MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    The ability to see absolute detail (J) and see the big picture (P) [...]
    Isn't this more of a distinction between Sensing and Intuition respectively?

Not too sure about the aggressiveness. My aggressiveness is only activated by defensiveness.
    Then you agree with me.

I know that it is easy to appear aggressive if you have your views and are prepared to defend them.
    True, but I was talking about the Eight's actually being aggressive; not just how they look. Too often are Eights mistaken for aggressive and confrontational when they're merely expressing their views.

If I am honest I find INTJ 5w a weak intellectual.
    What do you mean by a 'weak intellectual'?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The INTJ is not really an intellectual type. At least not in the way the INTP is. Where the INTP follows ideas in pursuit of higher knowledge, the INTJ uses external data as a means for what they feel fits into an abstract working in their minds. So the INTJ is more interested in usefulness.

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Isn't this more of a distinction between Sensing and Intuition respectively?
    Ahh... No.

However Yes, ordinarily sensing is the detail function. However, I see the P and J as counter balances in terms of divergence. Let’s say I'm sitting around thinking about a multitude of concepts. I let my mind just relax and take any path of investigation that stimulates it (Probably there is some endorphin buzz from it..) but then I go into attenuation mode and prune back all the excess growth of ideas that lacks enough proximity to my current understanding and what my directional focus is. Bit like pruning a tree...
    Sort of like P = expansion J = consolidation

More than likely the real expansion is the NP function with the SJ consolidating it. Big picture, small picture with internal consistency, scalability.

True, but I was talking about the Eight's actually being aggressive; not just how they look. Too often are Eights mistaken for aggressive and confrontational when they're merely expressing their views.
    Admittedly, I used to enjoy "frontal lobe" head butts (I mean intellectually). But, I don't really do it anymore really; I don't need to prove I'm smarter or more correct. Just present the argument. Live and let live and all that.

Guess its bit like Judo where you let the lack of balance of the opponent do the work rather than hammering them.

What do you mean by a 'weak intellectual'?
    Physically weak which translates into less intensity of thought IMHO. I'd say the INTJ 8 is more likely to be the aggressive driven intellectual.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Physically weak which translates into less intensity of thought IMHO. I'd say the INTJ 8 is more likely to be the aggressive driven intellectual.
    True, but I don't include muscles or body size in this definition. Merely the energy that the individual creates. The Five's is quiet, the Eight's is loud and expressive.