• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] What does it mean when an ENTP says....

thegirlcandance

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
What does it mean when an ENTP tells you that "Friends and family comes first with me"?? And then they seem to repeat that with you several times in casual conversation.

Views/opinions please...

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
they value their attachments, friends and family are considered a priority and if anything beneath or outside that priority begins to overlap, the situation will reworked be around said priority.
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuMvkNDuOuQ"]May think this[/YOUTUBE]

Permabanned
What does it mean when an ENTP tells you that "Friends and family comes first with me"?? And then they seem to repeat that with you several times in casual conversation.

Views/opinions please...

MEans he's using a legit social scape goat to camouflage his intentions/actions.

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
MEans he's using a legit social scape goat to camouflage his intentions/actions.

:yes:

Time for you to make new friends or find better things to do to occupy your time

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Depends, are you a "friends" or "family"?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

Views/opinions please...

I don't know, maybe he's trying to show he protects his loved ones, evolution hard wire women to like that and stuff. I mean, it's a human trait in general mainly but males are the traditional ressource gatherers \protectors and anybody sane knows women on average are bigger sexists than guys in my generation (around and under 30).
I couldn't really say without actually listening to the conversation, you might have focused on that and missed other important data. or have noticed that because it felt off because he consciously made an effort to include that into the conversation.

A general rule is also that alot of entps apparently, present poster included, have a few people we care about and wouldn't go out of our way for anybody else. (Meaning for example that if I help you move it means you're probably my best friend or something of that kind). So it might just have been something true about him he wanted to point out. You need to give more information about the conversation though, seriously. That's like asking 'what if somebody says 'lolipop twice in a conversation'

Family seems a bit, hum, i don't know. Friends make sense, you choose them and stuff, but actually putting your family first just because they're your family seems really biased to me, except if you try to display you're a reliable individual with long term partners and a reliable potential mate for sex and reproduction. It's a classic marketing strategy for your traditional provider male, so it's sort of 'taught' to people and they tend to say family and friends when if they observed their behavior it's FRIENDS and family as a distant second or something.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Too vague! Vagueness alert *sounds sirens*

My first inclination is to say he means exactly what he says. But to go further, it could mean that something recently has tested that idea within him (that family and friends come first) and he keeps throwing it out there to see if it it's still a pertinent part of the social structure he's constructed in his mind. I know if I'm uncertain of something I will throw it into the mix of things and see how it stands up.

But give us more information and we might be able to help you more.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yeah she's seriously asking Ne primary people to give opinions based on 1 bit of information
That's borderline sadistic

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Yeah she's seriously asking Ne primary people to give opinions based on 1 bit of information
That's borderline sadistic

Haha...reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend about S&M. If a sadist gets pleasure from inflicting pain on another person, but that person registers that pain as pleasure, then is the person inflicting the "pain" no longer a sadist (because they're actually inflicting pleasure)?

But we came to the conclusion that the masochist will be a masochist no matter what, given the very definition of the word.

Hmmm...

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Haha...reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend about S&M. If a sadist gets pleasure from inflicting pain on another person, but that person registers that pain as pleasure, then is the person inflicting the "pain" no longer a sadist (because they're actually inflicting pleasure)?

But we came to the conclusion that the masochist will be a masochist no matter what, given the very definition of the word.

Hmmm...

I think sadism is more about power than about pain in itself, they still get the dominance and the behavior of inflincting pain and it is part of a set of emotionaly tied associations expressed as a sexual behavior.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I think sadism is more about power than about pain in itself, they still get the dominance and the behavior of inflincting pain and it is part of a set of emotionaly tied associations expressed as a sexual behavior.

Yeah I see what you mean. The other person may not receive the pain as such, but simply the act of doing something that would normally inflict pain (and the domination involved) elicits the same sexual arousal response in the sadist as if they were truly inflicting pain. After all, sex seems to be all about the mental mindset, not necessarily the reality.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yeah I see what you mean. The other person may not receive the pain as such, but simply the act of doing something that would normally inflict pain (and the domination involved) elicits the same sexual arousal response in the sadist as if they were truly inflicting pain. After all, sex seems to be all about the mental mindset, not necessarily the reality.

The way i see it reality is not about reality.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I guess that the human capacity for empathy might come into play too (not necessary though). The fact that pain is pleasure for the other party might be part of the experience\pleasure for the sadist.
The SM relationship is already a case of people association pain and pleasure, wether actively (sadism) or passively (masochism)

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I guess that the human capacity for empathy might come into play too (not necessary though). The fact that pain is pleasure for the other party might be part of the experience\pleasure for the sadist.
The SM relationship is already a case of people association pain and pleasure, wether actively (sadism) or passively (masochism)

So would a sadist who gets pleasure from inflicting pain on a masochist be a different sadist from the sadist who gets pleasure from inflicting pain on someone who doesn't derive pleasure from it? Like the "empathetic sadist" vs. the "sociopathic sadist?" The former would be more int he S&M category and the latter in the, well, sociopath category.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
So would a sadist who gets pleasure from inflicting pain on a masochist be a different sadist from the sadist who gets pleasure from inflicting pain on someone who doesn't derive pleasure from it? Like the "empathetic sadist" vs. the "sociopathic sadist?" The former would be more int he S&M category and the latter in the, well, sociopath category.

That's actually EXACTLY what I thought.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It totally makes sense.

Does
That and the bit about great minds

Ha, yes, speaking of vague subjects. Reality (and it's nature) is one of the biggest ones for me.
One possible first step would be to identify the filters, so say, the sort of perception evolution and macro/human scale experience for a being living in our biosphere would wetwire. For example the way in which we define objects and properties when they're all part of the same system, apparently subjected to the same 'rules' and interconnected.
There's no evolutionary advantage in seeing individual atoms for example, or percieving matter as 'mostly made of void' when if you try to get into a wall the complexity of the systems renders tunneling so unlikely as to be irrelevant in terms of reproductive and survival value. (survival is secondary, it just 'helps' to make it more likely to reproduce, which is the real selector)
Also the complexity of life would make it difficult for us to see stuff like that, since our "atoms" are orders of magnitude bigger than actual atoms and all their little friends.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
And the whole theme of 'we can't see what we can't see if we don't have the tools to see that blind spot'
The brain creates a 'whole' with the data it has.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJG698U2Mvo"]attention test[/YOUTUBE]

What it means is that things are 'edited out'.
For example there's a dark spot in your sight because of the visual nerve, yet you don't percieve a dark spot in the middle of our sight. We wouldn't really 'notice' that our peripheral vision is way blurier than our foveal vision either.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Too vague! Vagueness alert *sounds sirens*

My first inclination is to say he means exactly what he says. But to go further, it could mean that something recently has tested that idea within him (that family and friends come first) and he keeps throwing it out there to see if it it's still a pertinent part of the social structure he's constructed in his mind. I know if I'm uncertain of something I will throw it into the mix of things and see how it stands up.

But give us more information and we might be able to help you more.

This was my first thought as well.