User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default What does it mean when an ENTP says....

What does it mean when an ENTP tells you that "Friends and family comes first with me"?? And then they seem to repeat that with you several times in casual conversation.

Views/opinions please...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

they value their attachments, friends and family are considered a priority and if anything beneath or outside that priority begins to overlap, the situation will reworked be around said priority.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuMvkNDuOuQ"]May think this[/YOUTUBE]
    Likes N/A liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by thegirlcandance View Post
    What does it mean when an ENTP tells you that "Friends and family comes first with me"?? And then they seem to repeat that with you several times in casual conversation.

Views/opinions please...
    MEans he's using a legit social scape goat to camouflage his intentions/actions.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    MEans he's using a legit social scape goat to camouflage his intentions/actions.

Time for you to make new friends or find better things to do to occupy your time

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Depends, are you a "friends" or "family"?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by thegirlcandance View Post

Views/opinions please...
    I don't know, maybe he's trying to show he protects his loved ones, evolution hard wire women to like that and stuff. I mean, it's a human trait in general mainly but males are the traditional ressource gatherers \protectors and anybody sane knows women on average are bigger sexists than guys in my generation (around and under 30).
    I couldn't really say without actually listening to the conversation, you might have focused on that and missed other important data. or have noticed that because it felt off because he consciously made an effort to include that into the conversation.

A general rule is also that alot of entps apparently, present poster included, have a few people we care about and wouldn't go out of our way for anybody else. (Meaning for example that if I help you move it means you're probably my best friend or something of that kind). So it might just have been something true about him he wanted to point out. You need to give more information about the conversation though, seriously. That's like asking 'what if somebody says 'lolipop twice in a conversation'

Family seems a bit, hum, i don't know. Friends make sense, you choose them and stuff, but actually putting your family first just because they're your family seems really biased to me, except if you try to display you're a reliable individual with long term partners and a reliable potential mate for sex and reproduction. It's a classic marketing strategy for your traditional provider male, so it's sort of 'taught' to people and they tend to say family and friends when if they observed their behavior it's FRIENDS and family as a distant second or something.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Too vague! Vagueness alert *sounds sirens*

My first inclination is to say he means exactly what he says. But to go further, it could mean that something recently has tested that idea within him (that family and friends come first) and he keeps throwing it out there to see if it it's still a pertinent part of the social structure he's constructed in his mind. I know if I'm uncertain of something I will throw it into the mix of things and see how it stands up.

But give us more information and we might be able to help you more.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Yeah she's seriously asking Ne primary people to give opinions based on 1 bit of information
    That's borderline sadistic
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Yeah she's seriously asking Ne primary people to give opinions based on 1 bit of information
    That's borderline sadistic
    Haha...reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend about S&M. If a sadist gets pleasure from inflicting pain on another person, but that person registers that pain as pleasure, then is the person inflicting the "pain" no longer a sadist (because they're actually inflicting pleasure)?

But we came to the conclusion that the masochist will be a masochist no matter what, given the very definition of the word.

Hmmm...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Haha...reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend about S&M. If a sadist gets pleasure from inflicting pain on another person, but that person registers that pain as pleasure, then is the person inflicting the "pain" no longer a sadist (because they're actually inflicting pleasure)?

But we came to the conclusion that the masochist will be a masochist no matter what, given the very definition of the word.

Hmmm...
    I think sadism is more about power than about pain in itself, they still get the dominance and the behavior of inflincting pain and it is part of a set of emotionaly tied associations expressed as a sexual behavior.

... In theory.