User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I love concerts, but hate crowds. Sure, it's annoying to be in a huge group of people you don't know, most of whom are drunk extraverted Ss. Just make sure for your first concert that a) it's a band that you're really, really into, and b) that you bring a cool, trusted friend with you. Preferably another introvert, b/c it's annoying to go to concerts with extraverts that are going to try to "get you out of your shell."

I will tell you that asking the drunk dudes behind you to stop whatever annoying thing they're doing will result in them doing it more/louder for the rest of the concert. :-)

Go, and have fun!

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by intpgirl View Post
    Suppose.. an INTP person would like to go to a concert for the first time seeing their favourite band/artist.

Would being in a big crowd trying to enjoy a show be somewhat, uncomfortable for this person?
    Hm, I really hate to go to concerts, but when I go eventually I almost always find myself emotionally overwhelmed by the strong feeling of belonging to a crowd. Call it a catharsis.
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm not an INTP, but I've never gone to a concert in my life. I don't think I could handle all the noise. Plus, I'm not really a die-hard fan of loud music...I mostly like it to fit in with others. But if I sincerely like a loud song, then iTunes on my computer is good enough for me.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I love music and there are some artists that I would endure the pain of being in a somewhat crowded place for but for the most part I hate rubbing shoulders with strangers. People are icky. I am much more comfortable in an intimate setting such as a pub or small venue. Arenas no way not for anyone!

I am getting crankier as I get older and L and I will likely me the old couple shouting at the kids to get off our lawn! Oh wait, we already do that.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

With that said, I wouldn't mind going to an orchestra concert. The audience is much less noisy there. Plus, I just love classical music.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cdal233 View Post
    When I was in high school, I loved going to concerts.

I loved general admission (generally punk rock), probably been to 20-30 of these concerts all over southern California. General admission really brings out the true nature of anonymity.

This has already been said, but the anonymity is very powerful. Nobody knows who you are, nobody cares. If you think somebody cares, you're wrong. There is so much power in this.

Everyone is so closely squashed together, you and everyone else will get pushed, shoved, stepped on, elbowed, etc. This is so common that nobody even begins to take it personally if you bump, hit, shove another person. Actually, it's just the opposite. Many times, people around you offer helping hands if you fall down.

I really love the pit, for nothing more than the pure anonymity. I can yell, push, shove, do the creepiest, weirdest dance and nobody gives a shit. They are doing the same thing. Once you realize this, it becomes powerful, and that's how many people use it to have a good time. General admission concerts are by no means a fashion show, many use it as a way to release emotion and show true self expression.

I'm not sure if this is any help, but I'm trying to show how I used the anonymity for confidence within the concert. There is pretty much nothing you can do to get people around you mad aside from slugging them in the face. You can yell, scream, push (in the pit), whatever... you aren't affecting their experience in the slightest. You have no power, and thats where confidence can be built to have fun your own way... even if it's standing listening to the band.
    I am an INTJ, but I completely agree. An INTP friend and I are attending a Chevelle concert next week, so I think it is safe to say he does not mind the crowds at all. For him, it's not the anonymity that is comforting, he just "doesn't give a sh*t!"
    There are two types of people in this world, sheep and sharks. Be a shark. Sharks are winners and they don't look back 'cause they don't have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Headstrong: You're learning the ways of...me!
    INTP Friend: Yay!
    INTP Friend: Wait....NOOOOO

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it.
    -George Bernard Shaw

Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
    -Plato

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Try to look at it as an "experience" to analyze and observe... that might help you stay detached from the crowd and also gives you motivation to try it.

Honestly, while the studio might be more "perfect," there is just something amazing being totally immersed (physically) in sound. Feeling your body drown and vibrate in it. Just amazing. I love it!

I don't like the crowds. I try to get seats close to exits or at least walk corridors so I can leave if I need to and don't feel so trapped. But you are there for the energy and music, not for the crowds, and can sometimes absorb yourself in the first two things and thus forget the latter.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I like concerts, I also like sitting in the seats closest to the exit(s) at concerts. Hope that helps. ^_^
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

The only time I went to a concert, someone had the audacity to grab my ass. Not the end of the world, but what frightens me is that something changes a person when he is in a crowd.. People become more sinister.

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    The only time I went to a concert, someone had the audacity to grab my ass. Not the end of the world, but what frightens me is that something changes a person when he is in a crowd.. People become more sinister.
    anonymity brings out personality traits and motives in people that would normally result in some sort of detrimental consequence were it done in an unambiguous environment