• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs Skilled at Trading Markets?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:)Why might ENTPs be good at Wall Street market trading?

Do they have good innate abilities that would allow them to become excellent traders? What abilities might allow them to be skilled at trading markets?

All thoughts on the table are welcome.:blush:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Can tolerate high stress levels.

Can easily see patterns.

Can remove emotion from decision making.

Are willing to take risks and able to back them up with logic.

Love a challenge.

Yeah, sounds good to me :nice:

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Yeah, I see no reason why not!

If it helps, I did really well in economics back in high school. :laugh:

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I don't think ENTP's would do better than other types in Wall Street. Investing is, for the most part, long term and very structured thinking. It's seems like a Te occupation to me. Besides, it will probably get boring and unimaginative for us after a while.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
The thing is you have to rely on your instruments there....less and less of the decision making is based on "intuition", because now all you have to do is read the indicators (and they're fucking many).

So working in the stock market may have been a Ne thing in the past, but now it's turning more and more Te.

But, similar to the stock market, there are investment things, that would be suitable for ENTPs, but I'm not sure.

I'm going to do my masters degree in stock market trade. But right now I don't know much about it.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I think an ENTP would make a good strategic invester, maybe a hedge-funds manager, rather then a traditional stock broker.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I don't think ENTP's would do better than other types in Wall Street. Investing is, for the most part, long term and very structured thinking. It's seems like a Te occupation to me. Besides, it will probably get boring and unimaginative for us after a while.

This. Only STPs seem to appreciate investing over the long term.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I can see it getting boring in the long run, but then again, I can see many/most things getting boring in the long run.

Don't let that be an excuse. It's a bad excuse.