• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Big up INTJ's

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Certainly. Ok I have to get back to HP & the Deathly Hollows. be back in a week :D

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Etiquette means zilch as it pertains to kindness in sentiment.

Often the most polite are those with the most to hide.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I don't have much to hide, then...I'm hardly ever polite!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
;) it depends on the INTJ in question of course-

INTJs have an excellent sense of humor :) some INTJs are very well balanced and considerate! They always seem aware of who they are and don't lose that and never really seem to take insults personally!

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
;) it depends on the INTJ in question of course-

INTJs have an excellent sense of humor :) some INTJs are very well balanced and considerate! They always seem aware of who they are and don't lose that and never really seem to take insults personally!

How very kind of you, whatever.

Thank you for this poignant comment.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I know one INTJ well in real life and she's passionate about her interests (gardening, sci fi and her family), but most of all, she's probably the smartest woman I know. And she's not just intelligent, she knows and thinks about many things - history, math, language, child psychology. Yet she modestly says "I don't understand mortgages."

I met another woman recently at a wedding who reminds me of her - that same intelligent demeanor, combined with poise and modesty. She was wearing a dark skirt and chunky sweater instead of a fancy blouse and dress pants. She could have been my friend's twin, right down to the eyeglasses.

On this forum I've gotten to know INTJMom pretty well, and she has some very nice INTJ qualities: intelligence, modesty and helpfulness. She's a person who really thinks about things, but she isn't afraid to say when she doesn't know something.

Jae Rae

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP

Oh I wouldn't say that at all. For example, the most RUDE, the people who pay the least attention to manners and etiquette, are the ones who are the least aware or concerned about how this affects other people. If you think that etiquette/manners have evolved in order to make things run smoothly and nicely for everyone, and that the alternative is to be inconsiderate and rude, then I wouldn't exactly say that taking the alternative road is the sign of a better or even nicer person...

I think etiquette can mean a great deal - it can mean that, for whatever reason, somebody is sensitive to, aware of and concerned with the comfort of the people around them. That's not nothing.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
INTJ's are simply awesome, and they are tons of fun to get to know and be around. I love hearing about all of the crazy stuff that their minds come up with. It's like they're just as crazy as I am, but in a totally different way. It doesn't get any better than that. :cool:

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's kind of cosy to have a thread about how INTJs are nice and cool for a change. We will fight for our positions to death, popular or unpopular (I think we tend to focus our attention in these areas, on controversial topics), but even if we do that, and handle being unpopular quite well, I think it can be somewhat of a relief to feel popular some times as well. Even if you love doing something, some times it is just nice to have a break from it, it's not fun to do the same thing all of the time. In many ways popularity is a drug though, so I don't want too much popularity, because I might get addicted.

INTJ's are simply awesome, and they are tons of fun to get to know and be around. I love hearing about all of the crazy stuff that their minds come up with. It's like they're just as crazy as I am, but in a totally different way. It doesn't get any better than that. :cool:

I think you have some really good thoughts here. I wonder if it's really a coincidence this thread is started by an ENTP? I think attraction is largest when one is similar in a dissimilar way. I think that is dynamite. Attraction based on similarity alone becomes boring in the long run. Attraction based on dissimilarity alone becomes frustrating in the long run. Dissimilarity in similarity just keeps fascinating though.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think I've ever really known one in real life.

But, I've found that I generally like them on this forum.

I've read that INTJs and ENFPs are supposed to romantically rock each other's world...or something.

I could go on about this, but I won't.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I've ever really known one in real life.

But, I've found that I generally like them on this forum.

I've read that INTJs and ENFPs are supposed to romantically rock each other's world...or something.

:wubbie:

But I hear in California, the world rocks itself. San Francisco, 1906...and many others...

I could go on about this, but I won't.

Please do!

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
it's not fun to do the same thing all of the time.

Try telling that to an Si dom :laugh: I know an ISFJ who's been going to the same place for her summer vacation every year for the past 23 years. :ohmy:

I think you have some really good thoughts here. I wonder if it's really a coincidence this thread is started by an ENTP? I think attraction is largest when one is similar in a dissimilar way. I think that is dynamite. Attraction based on similarity alone becomes boring in the long run. Attraction based on dissimilarity alone becomes frustrating in the long run. Dissimilarity in similarity just keeps fascinating though.

I agree. Ne/Ni can be fantastic. I've been told that's a reason why ENTP/INFJ is a good romantic pairing, but honestly I can't see it. For me, thinking of INxJ's I've known and the way things have gone with them, it seems that whatever chemistry is possible between Ne and Ni, a T/F clash just kills it and turns those exciting challenges into frustrating, circular, no-win arguments that invariably end with me in the doghouse. I can't think of any INTJ's I don't totally love, but of all the INFJ's I can think of, the vast majority have been people I've only been able to establish a "good in small doses" relationship with, even after much effort.

Perhaps those Ne/Ni differences make the INTJ feel either intrigued, excited or even irritated or exasperated or whatever, but on an intellectual level, while the INFJ tends to take things more personally and actually feel hurt. I find that pretty exhausting to deal with.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The feeling is mutual.
I love ENTPs.
I love their energy, intelligence and they seem to always have a big idea/project to undertake.
Very inspiring.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't think of any INTJ's I don't totally love, but of all the INFJ's I can think of, the vast majority have been people I've only been able to establish a "good in small doses" relationship with, even after much effort.

Perhaps those Ne/Ni differences make the INTJ feel either intrigued, excited or even irritated or exasperated or whatever, but on an intellectual level, while the INFJ tends to take things more personally and actually feel hurt. I find that pretty exhausting to deal with.

haha. I have to admit, the first thing I thought of when I saw you post this thread was this: 'hahah...we won't be seeing sub spread the same love towards the INFJ's anytime soon!!':smile:

I don't think I know any INTJ's in real life, unless I count my dad, who I am reasonably sure is an INTJ but am not 100% on it. I don't have anything bad to say about those on the forum though. I can certainly appreciate their approach to things.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Try telling that to an Si dom :laugh: I know an ISFJ who's been going to the same place for her summer vacation every year for the past 23 years. :ohmy:

I don't really think that an Si type is the only one who is like that, though. I tend to not like changes in my routine, either. I prefer the outer world to be predictable, that way I can continue to live in my Ni world of ideas and impractical fantasies. When there is nothing changing in the outer world, Ni is free to contemplate internal conceptions.

Most people seem to underestimate how an Ni dominant can value routine in their life. I personally get very angry with unforeseen changes and need to be aware of them ahead of time.

I think what is actually meant with Si's concern with routine more specifically involves concern for routine details of living.

In addition, I think it's any kind of loner who is inclined to be a creature of habit.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
They do love repetition, don't they!
Enough to drive me insane. :shock:

...the INFJ tends to take things more personally and actually feel hurt. I find that pretty exhausting to deal with.
I find hurt feelings exhausting to deal with, too.