User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Big up INTJ's

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Etiquette means zilch as it pertains to kindness in sentiment.

Often the most polite are those with the most to hide.
    Oh I wouldn't say that at all. For example, the most RUDE, the people who pay the least attention to manners and etiquette, are the ones who are the least aware or concerned about how this affects other people. If you think that etiquette/manners have evolved in order to make things run smoothly and nicely for everyone, and that the alternative is to be inconsiderate and rude, then I wouldn't exactly say that taking the alternative road is the sign of a better or even nicer person...

I think etiquette can mean a great deal - it can mean that, for whatever reason, somebody is sensitive to, aware of and concerned with the comfort of the people around them. That's not nothing.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

INTJ's are simply awesome, and they are tons of fun to get to know and be around. I love hearing about all of the crazy stuff that their minds come up with. It's like they're just as crazy as I am, but in a totally different way. It doesn't get any better than that.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ

It's kind of cosy to have a thread about how INTJs are nice and cool for a change. We will fight for our positions to death, popular or unpopular (I think we tend to focus our attention in these areas, on controversial topics), but even if we do that, and handle being unpopular quite well, I think it can be somewhat of a relief to feel popular some times as well. Even if you love doing something, some times it is just nice to have a break from it, it's not fun to do the same thing all of the time. In many ways popularity is a drug though, so I don't want too much popularity, because I might get addicted.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    INTJ's are simply awesome, and they are tons of fun to get to know and be around. I love hearing about all of the crazy stuff that their minds come up with. It's like they're just as crazy as I am, but in a totally different way. It doesn't get any better than that.
    I think you have some really good thoughts here. I wonder if it's really a coincidence this thread is started by an ENTP? I think attraction is largest when one is similar in a dissimilar way. I think that is dynamite. Attraction based on similarity alone becomes boring in the long run. Attraction based on dissimilarity alone becomes frustrating in the long run. Dissimilarity in similarity just keeps fascinating though.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't think I've ever really known one in real life.

But, I've found that I generally like them on this forum.

I've read that INTJs and ENFPs are supposed to romantically rock each other's world...or something.

I could go on about this, but I won't.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I don't think I've ever really known one in real life.

But, I've found that I generally like them on this forum.

I've read that INTJs and ENFPs are supposed to romantically rock each other's world...or something.

But I hear in California, the world rocks itself. San Francisco, 1906...and many others...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I could go on about this, but I won't.
    Please do!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    it's not fun to do the same thing all of the time.
    Try telling that to an Si dom I know an ISFJ who's been going to the same place for her summer vacation every year for the past 23 years.

I think you have some really good thoughts here. I wonder if it's really a coincidence this thread is started by an ENTP? I think attraction is largest when one is similar in a dissimilar way. I think that is dynamite. Attraction based on similarity alone becomes boring in the long run. Attraction based on dissimilarity alone becomes frustrating in the long run. Dissimilarity in similarity just keeps fascinating though.
    I agree. Ne/Ni can be fantastic. I've been told that's a reason why ENTP/INFJ is a good romantic pairing, but honestly I can't see it. For me, thinking of INxJ's I've known and the way things have gone with them, it seems that whatever chemistry is possible between Ne and Ni, a T/F clash just kills it and turns those exciting challenges into frustrating, circular, no-win arguments that invariably end with me in the doghouse. I can't think of any INTJ's I don't totally love, but of all the INFJ's I can think of, the vast majority have been people I've only been able to establish a "good in small doses" relationship with, even after much effort.

Perhaps those Ne/Ni differences make the INTJ feel either intrigued, excited or even irritated or exasperated or whatever, but on an intellectual level, while the INFJ tends to take things more personally and actually feel hurt. I find that pretty exhausting to deal with.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    The feeling is mutual.
    I love ENTPs.
    I love their energy, intelligence and they seem to always have a big idea/project to undertake.
    Very inspiring.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I can't think of any INTJ's I don't totally love, but of all the INFJ's I can think of, the vast majority have been people I've only been able to establish a "good in small doses" relationship with, even after much effort.

Perhaps those Ne/Ni differences make the INTJ feel either intrigued, excited or even irritated or exasperated or whatever, but on an intellectual level, while the INFJ tends to take things more personally and actually feel hurt. I find that pretty exhausting to deal with.
    haha. I have to admit, the first thing I thought of when I saw you post this thread was this: 'hahah...we won't be seeing sub spread the same love towards the INFJ's anytime soon!!'

I don't think I know any INTJ's in real life, unless I count my dad, who I am reasonably sure is an INTJ but am not 100% on it. I don't have anything bad to say about those on the forum though. I can certainly appreciate their approach to things.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Try telling that to an Si dom I know an ISFJ who's been going to the same place for her summer vacation every year for the past 23 years.
    I don't really think that an Si type is the only one who is like that, though. I tend to not like changes in my routine, either. I prefer the outer world to be predictable, that way I can continue to live in my Ni world of ideas and impractical fantasies. When there is nothing changing in the outer world, Ni is free to contemplate internal conceptions.

Most people seem to underestimate how an Ni dominant can value routine in their life. I personally get very angry with unforeseen changes and need to be aware of them ahead of time.

I think what is actually meant with Si's concern with routine more specifically involves concern for routine details of living.

In addition, I think it's any kind of loner who is inclined to be a creature of habit.

MBTI
    INTJ

They do love repetition, don't they!
    Enough to drive me insane.

...the INFJ tends to take things more personally and actually feel hurt. I find that pretty exhausting to deal with.
    I find hurt feelings exhausting to deal with, too.