MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -

Default Relationship between an INTJ and an ESFP

Because I "love" controversy.

Of course, I'm sure this relationship can work. But one of my close INTJ friends dated and ESFP for over a year and their relationship ended in something of a train-wreck. Now that they're apart, I wondered how they even got together in the first place and how it managed to work at all. The two types just seem so ridiculously different, and not just because they're opposites. (I've met an INFP who reminds me of an ESTJ, an ENFP who reminds me of an ISTJ...etc) Opposite types can still be similar in personality. However, this is one where I see very little overlap.

INTJs, what has been your experience dating ESFPs? What went wrong, if it did, or how did you make it work?
    ESFPs, same question except about INTJs.
    I apologize in advance if this is a remarkably ignorant question/causes people to get angry. This isn't meant to be a "why does this type suck" thread, rather I want a better understanding for how these relationships work/don't.
    Living is never a waste of time.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    I apologize in advance if this is a remarkably ignorant question/causes people to get angry. This isn't meant to be a "why does this type suck" thread, rather I want a better understanding for how these relationships work/don't.
    No need to apologize, it's only about the bilionth "I don't get it: relationships between an XXXX and an ESFP" thread. It seems like most everybody on this forum has had both possitive and negative experiences with ESFP's. I guess that's kind of what the type is all about: experiencing things.
    (removed)

MBTI
    INTP

It's bad. They will kill you according to socionics and my personal experience. My opposite is the ESFJ, which most people like who aren't in my bubble of hatred. You are bad for each other socially. They know what you're thinking enough to disagree entirely.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Did you ever drink Kahlua with orange juice and milk?

INTJ + ESFP = Big Headache
    got chaos?

Banned

Much like dealing with all ExxP types don't expect commitment to be exactly what either Ixxx or ExxJ types would intend. This doesn't just mean relationships. This means all of life in general.