• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, What Makes You Lose Your Temper?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How does INTPc not throw you into a full-on rage everyday?

Usually the types that think they're INTP are just ISTPs... there's still rationality there, just not with enough vision. But for points #1 and #3... that's why I spend much of my time in the House discussions, lol...and otherwise plan my encounters there purposefully, including my departure time from a discussion, in case I'm dealing with someone with whom I have no way to explore anything with.

Being forced to watch and listen to Justin Bieber. :angry:

You and me, girlfriend -- we're doing the Justin Beiber Never Say Never in Digital 3D flick on February 11... and afterward, we're going to go out to a classy establishment and clean out the entire bar in order to forget what we just saw... :alttongue:

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
What makes NTs blow up?

I find that I have trouble controlling my temper when a problem occurs that I think could have easily been avoided.

I also have a real problem controlling it when I'm in a situation where a strong emotional response is provoked. Yes--I get mad about being mad...sad...any intense emotion.

Agreed on those.

Also,
Traffic and other things out of my (perceived control)
Traffic lights (basically anything/anyone that is preventing me from doing what I want to do). Can't they synchronize these damn things?
Not sleeping enough makes me very irritable and cranky
Someone trying to control or manipulate me
Being accused of something I did not do
People who cheat in video games
Injustice
Losing or breaking something of value
Doing something generally stupid that I should have known better to avoid
Getting lost in a strange place (like getting lost in Philly and ending up in NJ and having to pay a toll to get back, because of poor signage). I once did this in SF too. I missed an exit, because it was on the left lane and got stuck on the Bay Bridge and it took me 90 min to get back from Oakland, because of traffic. All this after a 6 hr flight and waiting for a rental car at the airport.

Lori

MBTI Type
INTJ
Nosy people invading my privacy and stupid people asking me to fix their screwups.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I blow up when I think people are intentionally misunderstanding me.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I had a huge temper meltdown yesterday, and apparently everyone was surprised (shocked? thought it was funny? <-feedback that I received today).

It was caused by a combination of factors. Let's start with Wednesday, which was a public holiday (Australia Day). I worked on a public holiday, was not paid for it (I am on a stipend) and was in until 2:30am on Thursday morning.

I dragged myself in on Thursday morning at 9am to make figures to put together because my supervisors had previously said that they wanted me to make my data into figures. At my meeting at 11am, they told me to simply open the raw data file, wasting my time before that having made up the figures.

Then they figured that the data that I had obtained was not what they needed for the grant application, and requested that I obtain more samples, fix and image by the end of Thursday (it takes 4 hours and I had equipment time from 4-5pm on Thursday). Nevermind that I had an appointment with my psychiatrist at 12pm (which I told them about) and was planning to learn to analyse other data in the afternoon.

My supervisor said that she would sit in on my imaging session. My appointment ended at 2:30pm, I rushed back to put my sample slides together, biked back to the research institute to tell the person who was going to give me a lesson in data analysis that I couldn't make it, and rushed back before 4pm for microscope time. My supervisor had completely forgotten that she was going to sit in with me and was doing something else.

My day only ended at 8pm. This is not the first time that my supervisors told me to ditch the plans that I had for the day and conduct an experiment IMMEDIATELY, the day of a meeting. It could definitely have waited. On the other hand, for other experiments that my supervisors wanted me to get done "immediately", they didn't tell me in time so that I could prepare for it and fit it into my schedule.

Instead, I had to rush and come in at all hours of the day and on weekends so that they could get data that they "urgently needed" (and only just thought of putting into their grant proposals). This, despite them knowing about my problems with anxiety and depression and telling me to "plan your work and go according to the plan".

I vented to a friend while others were around, and they were all surprised at how upset and angry I could get.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Insulting my intelligence or competence.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Telling me my ideas are shit without having any evidence whatsoever. They're too 'weird'. Weird =/= impossible it ='s Ingenious-ness! If you think I'm wrong tell me and we'll duke it out debate style to see who wins. Only one or two of my friends understand this concept and they just so happen to be INTP and INTJ. Whaddya know.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
From another thread:

Do you agree that you complain a lot? You may or may not see this as a negative trait, but for me, I can only listen to someone bitch for so long before I snap. I can't stand whiners, either change your situation, lighten up or stfu. I hate being around mopey people more than anything in the world.

Amen.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From another thread:

Yeah. Down with whiners.
Fix your life instead.

If they need help with their plan, just ask; but if they just want to whine about how unfair it is all the time, just leave me out of it, I have better things to do.

Also... people who have no sense of context. Coupled with belligerence, this gets old fast too... since they get in your face but seem to lack the ability to understand context no matter how much effort is made to explain.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I can't understand a concept.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
People acting as if they don't understand you / you're lying / ... and keeping it up.
Eg.
"You have weak nails, that's why you don't grow them"
"I don't like long nails"
"You would like them if you could have them too"
And it gives me the feeling that I'm somehow lying, because it is totally evident that I'd indeed grow my nails and paint them if I only could. Trying to convince me, not by giving arguments, but by repeating your opinion again and again, like it's self-evident and like I'm totally dumb for not sharing your view. The only thing you can do against this is change the subject or run away, in short: letting the other "win". Which is even more annoying if the thing is really interpreted as a "win" somehow. (You didn't answer me back, so I am right!)

I've had a student who exploited it until I really broke under it. You know, searching for the narrowest possible interpretation and laying the blame on me if she did something wrong. Of course, she was never wrong, I always was - I didn't have the right to deduce points on her tests if she wasn't accurate enough because I wasn't accurate either in my lessons. Of course, this gets on my nerves because on the surface, it sounds like it's TRUE!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Apparently dealing with those who grate on my last nerve while lacking adequate sleep. :shrug:

I've found that in my life I only get to ladle cup fulls of the ocean of rage (that dwells within me) into my daily virtual/IRL dealings.

People seem to think that they've seen all the slices of the Disco pie...

Excluding a few notable exceptions such as Fidelia, Halla, Kingfisher, and Whatev.... they've only seen the crust.

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP
Arrogant, ignorant stupidity, especially of the religious sort.

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Within myself - fear. Where other people are concerned, lack of respect makes me very angry. I always respect the opinions of others even when I believe them to be false; I consider them at least. When others are dismissive of mine (without good reason) it infuriates me.

rav3n

You and me, girlfriend -- we're doing the Justin Beiber Never Say Never in Digital 3D flick on February 11... and afterward, we're going to go out to a classy establishment and clean out the entire bar in order to forget what we just saw... :alttongue:
:hifive: As a warning note, I can't hold my liquor so you might have to pin a note to my top so the cab driver knows my address!

Something elses that annoy me:
  1. A consistent pattern of one-way thinking.
  2. Non-Ni-ers who claim high Ni.