User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

This probably can be viewed as a spectrum of mild annoyance to out right losing my temper. All relate to feelings of anger. These are a few examples of things that would tend to fuel it:
    - When I'm under stress
    - When somebody does poor quality work
    - When I lose things and can't find them
    - When I think someone is stubborn and not listening
    - When I'm in a hurry and something goes wrong (like I can't find something)
    - When somebody cuts me off or does some other stupid thing when I'm driving where I have a momentary fear of getting in an accident
    - When I'm interrupted and intensely in the middle of something - like a telephone solicitor calling when I'm in the middle of working on something and deeply concentrating on it

I try and use the anger in a productive way. There is energy that can be used for productive ends if it can be contained/managed. I don't believe in squashing the feelings or letting them fester. It's better to let it wash through you. That being said, it can be pretty stupid to get angry over dumb things, which I can be guilty of but try not to.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

All kinds of things, although usually its a kind of internal explosion and I dont let it show.

Mainly its people, I hate abuses of power, bullies and sometimes when people are having a complete meltdown and ruining everyones day around them and dont bloudy know it, I'd just like to scream "get your feelings under control!" and then just reduce them to dust with a heavy machine gun.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

The only thing that makes me lose my temper is when I'm on my own to do a task I'm sure should be like *this* - but instead is faced with situational hardships. I hate it when an action never goes to plan...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Powerlessness.
    Especially against things that seem stupid.
    Hypocrisy such as when a burden is placed on you, but whoever is putting it on you exempts themselves.

This, plus that people also mention the incompetence or whininess of others (which can irritate me as well sometimes) is more evidence that NT fits this group:
    http://www.pastoral-counseling-cente...ic-control.htm
    Like #4 on the bottom ("Weaknesses" section) shows this, though for the INTP, being introverted and informative, they will not seek to control others as much, and hence, they often don't identify with it. The traits are clearly there, though.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

- People in a position of power who are either undeserving or incapable of fulfilling their role.
    - Injustice, especially against the innocent. (Bullies, abusive people, etc. harming people with good hearts can really irritate me)
    - Being unable to do something that need, need, needs to be done is extremely frustrating. It's excruciatingly maddening, being forced into a state of incapability knowing full-well that you could solve that situation if the barrier wasn't there.
    - On occasion, ignorant people. However, this depends on what that person is ignorant about as well as how they're behaving about it.
    - Shallow jokes can irritate me... Especially when I'm bombarded by them for hours on end... I can only take so many "that's what she saids" and "(insert crude/homophobic/unfunny joke here)" before I retreat into my mind.
    - People who can't drive.
    - Greedy people irritate me very, very much.
    - People without self-respect or class also irritate me.

I never "blow up" externally though. I tend to seethe internally.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

-Logical inconsistency in others
    -Being forced to endure the excessive amount of mundane chatter that accompanies most instances of human interaction
    -Failing at trivial tasks
    -Anything that deviates from my personal ideal of what "makes sense"
    -Having to deal with overly contentious individuals who refuse to be reasoned with, or that block out compelling arguments with a titanium shield forged with their ignorance and delusion
    -Loud noises that I'm not directly in control of
    -Any instance of waiting in which the time of wait is not clearly defined

MBTI
    INTP

Feeling cramped in any way!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    What makes NTs blow up?

I find that I have trouble controlling my temper when a problem occurs that I think could have easily been avoided.

I also have a real problem controlling it when I'm in a situation where a strong emotional response is provoked. Yes--I get mad about being mad...sad...any intense emotion.
    Sadness precedes madness.
    An emotion.

What brings about NT sadness?
    Pious incoherence. A dishonest (= illogical) viewpoint. Feigned logic.
    Not an emotion.

A non-emotion of the emotional brings about an emotion in the non-emotional.
    Why?
    Assumed piety is deceit.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

When someone continues to harp on something because they think they can coerce me into getting their way.

For example:

"You shouldn't go to place X." (or do activity Y, or spend your time with project Z)
    Me: Why do you say that?
    "Because I think this and I think that and that's my opinion."
    Me: OK, well, thanks for your opinion. I respect it, but I'm still going with X.
    "Well, just make sure that you've thought it through."
    Me: Uhhh, I'm a freakin' INTP - I'm pretty sure I've thought it through about 400 times longer than than I probably should have already. But, yeah, I'm still going with X. Thanks for the concern though.
    "Well, here's another reason that it's wrong."
    Me (showing huge restraint at this point): Yeah, so if you'd like to join me at place X, feel free to come along. If not, don't bring it up to me again. We've hashed it out, we obviously disagree, now leave me alone about it. No hard feelings, just DO NOT continue to apply pressure and to try to coerce me. The more you do it, the more the door will shut.

It's kind of like an unwritten "3 strikes rule" with me. Ask me once, I'll consider your reasoning and give you my response. Ask a 2nd time, I will politely let you know that you are starting to push my buttons and that you should probably stop right at this point. Ask a 3rd time (not just a simple question, but a coercive "You must do it my way" type of thing), you're going to get shut down pretty hard because you didn't listen to my previous responses nor did you take them seriously.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Schopenhauer View Post
    - People in a position of power who are either undeserving or incapable of fulfilling their role.
    - Injustice, especially against the innocent. (Bullies, abusive people, etc. harming people with good hearts can really irritate me)
    - Being unable to do something that need, need, needs to be done is extremely frustrating. It's excruciatingly maddening, being forced into a state of incapability knowing full-well that you could solve that situation if the barrier wasn't there.
    - On occasion, ignorant people. However, this depends on what that person is ignorant about as well as how they're behaving about it.
    - Shallow jokes can irritate me... Especially when I'm bombarded by them for hours on end... I can only take so many "that's what she saids" and "(insert crude/homophobic/unfunny joke here)" before I retreat into my mind.
    - People who can't drive.
    - Greedy people irritate me very, very much.
    - People without self-respect or class also irritate me.

I never "blow up" externally though. I tend to seethe internally.
    I do not disagree.
    One reservation, though.
    People who can't drive.

Your impatience is not their thing.
    It is your thing.