User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Being forced to watch and listen to Justin Bieber.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    How does INTPc not throw you into a full-on rage everyday?
    Usually the types that think they're INTP are just ISTPs... there's still rationality there, just not with enough vision. But for points #1 and #3... that's why I spend much of my time in the House discussions, lol...and otherwise plan my encounters there purposefully, including my departure time from a discussion, in case I'm dealing with someone with whom I have no way to explore anything with.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Being forced to watch and listen to Justin Bieber.
    You and me, girlfriend -- we're doing the Justin Beiber Never Say Never in Digital 3D flick on February 11... and afterward, we're going to go out to a classy establishment and clean out the entire bar in order to forget what we just saw...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    What makes NTs blow up?

I find that I have trouble controlling my temper when a problem occurs that I think could have easily been avoided.

I also have a real problem controlling it when I'm in a situation where a strong emotional response is provoked. Yes--I get mad about being mad...sad...any intense emotion.
    Agreed on those.

Also,
    Traffic and other things out of my (perceived control)
    Traffic lights (basically anything/anyone that is preventing me from doing what I want to do). Can't they synchronize these damn things?
    Not sleeping enough makes me very irritable and cranky
    Someone trying to control or manipulate me
    Being accused of something I did not do
    People who cheat in video games
    Injustice
    Losing or breaking something of value
    Doing something generally stupid that I should have known better to avoid
    Getting lost in a strange place (like getting lost in Philly and ending up in NJ and having to pay a toll to get back, because of poor signage). I once did this in SF too. I missed an exit, because it was on the left lane and got stuck on the Bay Bridge and it took me 90 min to get back from Oakland, because of traffic. All this after a 6 hr flight and waiting for a rental car at the airport.
    Type 6w5 sp/so/sx I think..I have not fully explored this and just discovered it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Nosy people invading my privacy and stupid people asking me to fix their screwups.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I blow up when I think people are intentionally misunderstanding me.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

I had a huge temper meltdown yesterday, and apparently everyone was surprised (shocked? thought it was funny? <-feedback that I received today).

It was caused by a combination of factors. Let's start with Wednesday, which was a public holiday (Australia Day). I worked on a public holiday, was not paid for it (I am on a stipend) and was in until 2:30am on Thursday morning.

I dragged myself in on Thursday morning at 9am to make figures to put together because my supervisors had previously said that they wanted me to make my data into figures. At my meeting at 11am, they told me to simply open the raw data file, wasting my time before that having made up the figures.

Then they figured that the data that I had obtained was not what they needed for the grant application, and requested that I obtain more samples, fix and image by the end of Thursday (it takes 4 hours and I had equipment time from 4-5pm on Thursday). Nevermind that I had an appointment with my psychiatrist at 12pm (which I told them about) and was planning to learn to analyse other data in the afternoon.

My supervisor said that she would sit in on my imaging session. My appointment ended at 2:30pm, I rushed back to put my sample slides together, biked back to the research institute to tell the person who was going to give me a lesson in data analysis that I couldn't make it, and rushed back before 4pm for microscope time. My supervisor had completely forgotten that she was going to sit in with me and was doing something else.

My day only ended at 8pm. This is not the first time that my supervisors told me to ditch the plans that I had for the day and conduct an experiment IMMEDIATELY, the day of a meeting. It could definitely have waited. On the other hand, for other experiments that my supervisors wanted me to get done "immediately", they didn't tell me in time so that I could prepare for it and fit it into my schedule.

Instead, I had to rush and come in at all hours of the day and on weekends so that they could get data that they "urgently needed" (and only just thought of putting into their grant proposals). This, despite them knowing about my problems with anxiety and depression and telling me to "plan your work and go according to the plan".

I vented to a friend while others were around, and they were all surprised at how upset and angry I could get.

MBTI
    N>JI

NTs, What Makes You Lose Your Temper?
    Non sequiturs. Classical logic = instant facepalm

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Insulting my intelligence or competence.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

ThatGirl

You call that an answer?