User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It's certain behaviors that make me shut down, not types.

Examples of behaviors that will make me shut down:

*Be smothering or overprotective
    *Be overly effusive to the point of being insincere
    *Insult my intelligence or competence
    *Insist you are right and not be willing to consider another viewpoint
    *Be overly rigid about rules and not have common sense about when exceptions should be made
    *Be too talkative. Ask me too many questions and expect me to have answers immediately and not allow me to think things through.
    *Being more angry than the situation warrants
    *Being too nosy.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

People who don't laugh when I want to make them laugh or who take what I say waaaay to serious. These are often people with strong S and/or strong J, but not only.
    They say I only think in form of crunching numbers.....
    -Fall Out Boy

I shut down when somebody is really mean or hurtful and I don't have words to fight back.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    It's certain behaviors that make me shut down, not types.

Examples of behaviors that will make me shut down:

*Be smothering or overprotective
    *Be overly effusive to the point of being insincere
    *Insult my intelligence or competence
    *Insist you are right and not be willing to consider another viewpoint
    *Be overly rigid about rules and not have common sense about when exceptions should be made
    *Be too talkative. Ask me too many questions and expect me to have answers immediately and not allow me to think things through.
    *Being more angry than the situation warrants
    *Being too nosy.
    These also bother me, but I admit I am sometimes guilty of the ones I bolded. Especially insisting I'm right all the time. I'm sure it drives other people crazy so for the most part I just let it go.

Another behaviour that causes me to "shut down" is other people giving me unsolicited 'advice'. I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions. Most of the time I ignore what these people tell me and don't bring the issue up again ("shut down"), but every once in a while it will lead to a blow-up depending on how offensive or stupid I find the advice or how persistent the other person is.

If there's one behaviour that drives me up the wall and will cause me to "shut down" more than any other, it is insincerity. I don't lie. I'm not a convincing liar. In general don't think lies are really worth being said. I expect the same behaviour in return. "White lies" aren't a big deal, I'll let them go quite easily, but if I find out someone more profoundly lied to me I will not be speaking to that person for a while. A particularly big lie? Forget it, I'm done, the proverbial door is closed, and I'm never talking to that person again. Ever.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I often don't mix well with Fe-tertiary types or people who take conventional social graces to an extreme. When I'm in an adversarial exchange, it is interesting to be able to throw off types reliant on facial expressions and other emotional cues with a poker face, though.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

EJ's tend to shut me down as well as judgmental people in general. Stop harshing my mellow! *snickers at the irony of me judging the judgers*
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Extreme extroverts who require a response to everything they say. I can't even.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Extreme extroverts who require a response to everything they say. I can't even.
    my ESFJ coworker wants to know 'what's wrong' or 'what you say' every time I sigh or say something to myself. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

People who take my words too seriously/literally. I can get very flippant with (spoken) words, and those who can't take that make me feel like I'm walking on eggshells.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Another behaviour that causes me to "shut down" is other people giving me unsolicited 'advice'. I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions. Most of the time I ignore what these people tell me and don't bring the issue up again ("shut down"), but every once in a while it will lead to a blow-up depending on how offensive or stupid I find the advice or how persistent the other person is.

If there's one behaviour that drives me up the wall and will cause me to "shut down" more than any other, it is insincerity. I don't lie. I'm not a convincing liar. In general don't think lies are really worth being said. I expect the same behaviour in return. "White lies" aren't a big deal, I'll let them go quite easily, but if I find out someone more profoundly lied to me I will not be speaking to that person for a while. A particularly big lie? Forget it, I'm done, the proverbial door is closed, and I'm never talking to that person again. Ever.
    I can't believe I neglected to mention these two things. Big problem for me as well.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne