User Tag List

123 Last

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default ENTPs: do you like me or do you just like attention?

Dear ENTPs,

I'm a huge fan. So are you apparently. Cool.

Anyways, tell me my fellow Ne users, how can I tell when your manipulation is about ME rather than about YOU? I know y'all like to garner fan fare, but how does an ENTP manipulate with sincerity?

Thanks,

Intrigued
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    ENTP

Hello,

Most ENTPs are egocentric, you are right about that.
    I do not understand the question, it's pretty general, I assume you have a specific scenario in your mind...right?
    I do not manipulate people, is this about an "ENTP" you met, and want to make sure that he deserves trust? A relationship?

Well the last girl I really loved was INFP or ISFP somewhere in between, it was nice for a while, till she concluded that I do not live "in the real world", and it ended.

She manipulated me

I don't really think this is type related though...as any type can manipulate or be self absorbed.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Dear ENTPs,

Anyways, tell me my fellow Ne users, how can I tell when your manipulation is about ME rather than about YOU? I know y'all like to garner fan fare, but how does an ENTP manipulate with sincerity?

Thanks,

Intrigued
    I'm not an ENTP - but my ex of many years is...

In his case, I wouldn't characterize his behavior as generally manipulative, it's more specifically "passive aggressive". This isn't to say that his passive aggressive behavior is not manipulative. It is. But the specific sets of behaviors he tends to exhibit are all passive aggressive in nature. It seems that the more emotional the interpersonal conflict or issue, the more passive aggressive he behaves. There was always an exit strategy or a rationalization. He will not take responsibility for his actions. There is never an emotional context his his mind, everything is intellectualized. We move from the realm of the interpersonal to the realm of abstraction. But the greatest weapon in his arsenal is indifference and withdrawal. He feigns indifference even if he is not indifferent. But it makes no difference since the affect/effect is the same.

My ex (ENTP) would never admit to "needing" anything emotionally but would find other means to get his needs met (maybe that's just a male thing - not wanting to be vulnerable). This, I guess, would best be characterized as manipulative.

However, as guesswho suggested, I believe all types (all people) are manipulative in one way or another. We just have different means to obtain our ends.
    What if everything's an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet. - Woody Allen

MBTI
    ENTP

There are currently 20 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 18 guests) lol

ReflecTcelfeR

Personally, my wit becomes a little softer. It's playful, I want to set the mood. Manipulation? If you can sense it, then it isn't working that well, is it? I keep it down to a minimum, mainly zero because I'm pretty sure I could do it well if I did, it's a dangerous temptation. I'll stop incriminating myself now.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Hello,

Most ENTPs are egocentric, you are right about that.
    I do not understand the question, it's pretty general, I assume you have a specific scenario in your mind...right?
    I do not manipulate people, is this about an "ENTP" you met, and want to make sure that he deserves trust? A relationship?

Well the last girl I really loved was INFP or ISFP somewhere in between, it was nice for a while, till she concluded that I do not live "in the real world", and it ended.

She manipulated me

I don't really think this is type related though...as any type can manipulate or be self absorbed.
    The last type in the world to complain about not living in the real world would be INFP, I would think. I would never complain about such a thing. Perhaps they were ISFP. I am all for delusion and escapism lol

I guess what I`m asking is, I know ENTPs are naturally flirty and fun so I just wonder when they actually like someone, how they would act. Another thing that confuses me is I always feel very comfy and engaged with ENTPs one-on-one, but then add even just one more person to the mix and their personality changes presto. Feels insincere to me.

I have difficulties deciphering Fe.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    ENTP

I am also flirty all the time. It's because I sometimes feel that if I don't do that I won't be attractive, basic insecurities. I'm also compelled to do that, just for the thrill, and I'm also addicted to getting attention, like you said in your post.

However I've never cheated, when I like someone, she will be my one and only universe no matter how many people are around me...no matter what happens.

I don't think she was ISFP, she was way hard to decipher, I don't know, I feel I never got to know her, what was inside of her, I only got to the superficial stuff. And that's not my bad...I was the one opening up ...she wasn't. She just listened and smiled.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Dear ENTPs,

Thanks,

Intrigued
    When I like you, I act like a complete fucking moron. I try to impress you, my jokes aren't funny, and I'm really really self-conscious.
    What I don't like you, I'm interminably charming. I don't try, my jokes are hilarious, and I'm too smooth to realize it.
    That's how you tell the difference.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Good to know I don't find you charming.

*nods with new found insight*

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    When I like you, I act like a complete fucking moron. I try to impress you, my jokes aren't funny, and I'm really really self-conscious.
    What I don't like you, I'm interminably charming. I don't try, my jokes are hilarious, and I'm too smooth to realize it.
    That's how you tell the difference.
    Well that's unfortunate.