User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You know if I think about it, I relate to what TWHS said.

I can be super smooth and entertaining when I don't care, and act like a complete fucking retard when I like someone.

Is this an ENxP thing?

Or is TWHS an ENFP like Fidelia said?
    haha...i relate too actually.. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Dear ENTPs,
    but how does an ENTP manipulate with sincerity?
    For me, if I truly respect and like you, the idea of manipulating you would seem too profane to even consider (not just being manipulated by me, but, anyone trying to manipulate you would get my protective side out in full force). And I sincerely would try to show you all my quirks, my "good, bad, and ugly", in hopes that you still would want to stick around, knowing me, not a caricature of the me you think you know.

MBTI
    ----

i flirt with anything not nailed down, but if i truly like you - i will make the sun shine for you.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I wish you guys weren't so much fun. You ruin the other types for me that I actually have a chance at being happy with *sighs*
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I had a thought on this thread, but I'm an INFJ.

What exactly is the difference between liking a person, and liking that person to pay attention to you? If you like a person to pay attention to you (and you pay attention back to them, presumably), you must think that person is at least entertaining and interesting. And what's not to like about entertaining, interesting people?

The question you really want to ask, seems to be whether the ENTP likes you as an interesting acquaintance, a close friend, or romantically. Because in all cases, the ENTP likes you. It's just a matter of degree. It's not as if there's this thing where the ENTP only likes the attention independently of the person, or likes the person. It's not possible to like a person's attention in a way that's completely independent of them. It also isn't possible to like a person, but not like their attention. At least, I can't see things that way.

EDIT: Well, actually, you might hate your boss, and want them to pay attention to you so you can get a raise/promotion. But aside from something like that, where you have something to gain... I don't really see a case for it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post
    But the specific sets of behaviors he tends to exhibit are all passive aggressive in nature. It seems that the more emotional the interpersonal conflict or issue, the more passive aggressive he behaves. There was always an exit strategy or a rationalization. He will not take responsibility for his actions. There is never an emotional context his his mind, everything is intellectualized. We move from the realm of the interpersonal to the realm of abstraction. But the greatest weapon in his arsenal is indifference and withdrawal. He feigns indifference even if he is not indifferent. But it makes no difference since the affect/effect is the same.

My ex (ENTP) would never admit to "needing" anything emotionally but would find other means to get his needs met (maybe that's just a male thing - not wanting to be vulnerable). This, I guess, would best be characterized as manipulative.
    That sounds more like avoidance (for lack of a better word) to me. Of course aggression and 'defense' are closely intermingled so depending on the interpretation they can be interpreted as one or the other in many cases. Though I don't know what you talk about when you say "but would find other means to get his needs met"

Well, I don't know the guy, so I'm just sort of poking around here.

In my experience, I sincerely don't get emotional over much, and people have often assumed emotional states and motivations in me that simply weren't there. Something I noticed on the forum for example is that when arguing with enfps they (on average, i'm not thinking of anybody in particular) basically get all my motivations and supposed underlying emotional states wrong to a quite "baffling" extent.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    both of the above. definitely.

i can like a lot of people, but feeling for someone inspires real thought.
    +1

MBTI
    INFJ

My best friend in college was an ENTP. I was instantly mesmerized by him, but he was what I call a "love junky." He just loved being in love...or being obsessed. Every new girl was like a shiny new object in the sand. I think that was just him though 'cause you guys all seem to enjoy flirting with a lot of girls but you don't necessarily fall for them. I do hope to find an ENTP who's not a love junky though, 'cause like Thessaly I am also a fan.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenAutumn View Post
    My best friend in college was an ENTP. I was instantly mesmerized by him, but he was what I call a "love junky." He just loved being in love...or being obsessed. Every new girl was like a shiny new object in the sand. I think that was just him though 'cause you guys all seem to enjoy flirting with a lot of girls but you don't necessarily fall for them. I do hope to find an ENTP who's not a love junky though, 'cause like Thessaly I am also a fan.
    Oh, I usually recategorize these as ENFPs
    It's a simple and convenient sorting method

The entps I know of only have a few people they actually care about or might think of even when they're not actually with them.
    I personally get excited about ideas rather than people in themselves and in any case am too picky to fall for someone every other week.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE