User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 93

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    You know if I think about it, I relate to what TWHS said.

    I can be super smooth and entertaining when I don't care, and act like a complete fucking retard when I like someone.

    Is this an ENxP thing?

    Or is TWHS an ENFP like Fidelia said?

  2. #12
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Well that's unfortunate.
    You're telling me. It's the bane of my life.

  3. #13
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    If I like you I'll go out of my way to interact with you, if I just like you liking me then I'll take it when you're around and not give a shit when you're not.

  4. #14
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    I've found that the woman who can silence an ENTP with one sentence is the one he's most likely completely given his heart to. My entp brother is the most entertaining guy around, but when his INFJ makes a careful and rather silent one-liner, he's the first to listen to her and cater to her comment. All others, he'd either joke it out of the way and continue with his 'presentation' to the audience, or make her the center topic of his show, usually including self-depreciation as well as depreciation of the person who made the comment. She's the only one who can make him interrupt his show, because she's more important to him than his show
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  5. #15
    Senior Member Shimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Dear ENTPs,

    I'm a huge fan. So are you apparently. Cool.

    Anyways, tell me my fellow Ne users, how can I tell when your manipulation is about ME rather than about YOU? I know y'all like to garner fan fare, but how does an ENTP manipulate with sincerity?

    Thanks,

    Intrigued
    How about this: I don't 'manipulate' people just for attention. I do like attention, but not at the cost of losing integrity. Also, why should what you call 'manipulation about me' and 'manipulation about you' conflict with each other? We just want to make you and ourselves feel good.

    We is the way we is!
    (removed)

  6. #16
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You know if I think about it, I relate to what TWHS said.

    I can be super smooth and entertaining when I don't care, and act like a complete fucking retard when I like someone.

    Is this an ENxP thing?

    Or is TWHS an ENFP like Fidelia said?
    Me too. This makes me feel emotionally retarded.

    So it's soo easy for me to make someone attracted to me, because of course... I don't care at that point...but when I start liking someone a lot I fuck things up.

  7. #17
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    If I like you I'll go out of my way to interact with you, if I just like you liking me then I'll take it when you're around and not give a shit when you're not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    I've found that the woman who can silence an ENTP with one sentence is the one he's most likely completely given his heart to. My entp brother is the most entertaining guy around, but when his INFJ makes a careful and rather silent one-liner, he's the first to listen to her and cater to her comment. All others, he'd either joke it out of the way and continue with his 'presentation' to the audience, or make her the center topic of his show, usually including self-depreciation as well as depreciation of the person who made the comment. She's the only one who can make him interrupt his show, because she's more important to him than his show
    both of the above. definitely.

    i can like a lot of people, but feeling for someone inspires real thought.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  8. #18

    Default

    I'm a master at being charming towards people I don't particularly care about. I'm junk at it when real feeling comes into play.

    Hmmm...let me put it this way:
    Normal, everyday social interaction is like a game for me (which is maybe why it seems like manipulation). Throughout my life I've learned new and better strategies for interacting with people and I've improved the model of the "social system" I have built in my mind. I've learned what things lead to a all-around good feeling in the group and what things make me look like an arrogant asshole. And part of the game is testing new interactions and seeing what I can do and say that will affect different people's reactions. And it's fun. It's SO much fun! And it's good that it's fun because otherwise, honestly, I could get pretty bored with it.

    But then, out of nowhere, someone pops up in my game who's feelings I genuinely care about and all of a sudden it's not a game anymore. But I haven't learned how to do the social thing where it's not a game. So I bungle things up and I lose my wit and I become very self conscious. I "try too hard" because it doesn't come naturally like it does with other people who don't matter as much.

    I can be, for lack of a better description, emotionally stupid.

  9. #19
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    I guess what I`m asking is, I know ENTPs are naturally flirty and fun...
    The hell you say!

    ...and all this time I thought it was just a malicious rumor...

  10. #20
    I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    I've found that the woman who can silence an ENTP with one sentence is the one he's most likely completely given his heart to. My entp brother is the most entertaining guy around, but when his INFJ makes a careful and rather silent one-liner, he's the first to listen to her and cater to her comment. All others, he'd either joke it out of the way and continue with his 'presentation' to the audience, or make her the center topic of his show, usually including self-depreciation as well as depreciation of the person who made the comment. She's the only one who can make him interrupt his show, because she's more important to him than his show
    Interesting....I'll work on my quiet one-liners:workout:
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Does this ENFP like me, or am I just imagining things?
    By True Blue in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 09:29 PM
  2. [ISTP] ISTPs, do you actually want to kill everyone you see or do you just look like it?
    By Elfboy in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 11:32 PM
  3. [ENTP] ENTPs: Do you often put your foot in your mouth?
    By Aleksei in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 09:30 PM
  4. [ENTP] ENTPs.... do you come across as being romantic in relationships?
    By Intricate Mystic in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 07:14 AM
  5. [ENTP] ENTPs: Do you make up stuff for no reason?
    By Metamorphosis in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 12:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO