• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Dealing with nihilism.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Why do you no longer struggle with nihilism?

Happiness. As I stated, I struggled because of feelings of depression. Those feelings latched on to the nihilistic ideas and used them as a focal point for that depression. It isn't that my beliefs are any different today; it is simply that today I am happy and then I was not.

As to how I tackled that depression, well, I focused more on establishing routines, goals, bonds with friends and family, etc. Took a break from philosophizing about the world and made an honest attempt at enjoying what the world has to offer in the present. This has allowed me to establish a solid foundation for happiness and contentment, and with that foundation I can contemplate nihilism without "struggling" with it. Life is still meaningless from an objective standpoint, and I still consider myself basically a collection of particles governed by the laws of physics and nature... but I'm ok with that. :)

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Recreational drug use, reading, and interacting with company you enjoy.

That's about it. I'm shit at coping with things appropriately.

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That clears the air for me: it's not nihilism (I didn't quite think it was)....