• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Are INTP's superior beings ?

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
* Very good taste in music :headphne: (From classical music, hip-hop to early-metallica stuffs)
* Very good taste in women (elite beauty for elite people)
* Have great humor ( toilet and surreal humor )
* I like interesting debates (on society, humans etc..)

Unless someone flatly dislikes music, potential romantic/sexual partners, comedy, and anything resembling debates, everyone in the world thinks this about yourself. If you really thought your taste in music was terrible, you'd change it.

Or, I guess, if you thought you had bad taste in music, you are lying to yourself about what your taste in music is?

The point is, one time I got a fortune cookie that said "You think you have a good sense of humor" and I was pissed and it was the worst fortune I ever got because, seriously, not only is that not a fortune but it's also kind of an insult. And, again, EVERYONE thinks they have a good sense of humor. They like it, and hence it becomes their sense of humor. And when was the last time any of you ACTUALLY got a fortune from a fortune cookie instead of some cliched, bullshit, obvious or totally nonsensical advice like "Friendship is Stronger Than Strangership. Here's some Lucky Numbers." When I was a kid I consistently got real fortunes, but now I guess the fortune cookie industry has sold out to the psuedo-inspirational Hallmark fatcats. Maybe I should open a Fortune Cookie company and call it "Actual Fortunes Fortune Cookies, For Chrissake"

Anyways, what were we talking about?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Or, I guess, if you thought you had bad taste in music, you are lying to yourself about what your taste in music is?

The point is, one time I got a fortune cookie that said "You think you have a good sense of humor" and I was pissed and it was the worst fortune I ever got because, seriously, not only is that not a fortune but it's also kind of an insult.

LOL. I :heart: INTPs.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha...me too...the point is...??

haha :laugh:

redScorpion

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not a troll, I'm just trying to see the reality. And by superior, I didn't mean perfect, just the "most advanced" type of human, you know. And by superior, I mean the most important things for human evolution : creativity, inventions etc...

And I don't say that to myself because I'm insecure and stuffs, if I'd have met more like me, I wouldn't think like this...

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Let's clear this up. You can be smart/intelligent but not necessarily intellectual and vice versa. Intelligence measures how fast one can grasp material and retain it. Intellect is about how curious one is. One can be dumb as rocks but still be incredibly intellectual. One can be insanely smart but not intellectual at all. Many times, they go hand in hand. I took what Shimmy was saying as people who are intellectual engage their mind so they are doing something with whatever intelligence they have. On the other hand, having intelligence doesn't mean one necessarily will use it.

A good post.
IQ corresponds to quickness of understanding. However, thinking is a slow process.
Einstein had an average IQ in his social class. He was not, in your appellative of the word, intelligent or smart, but an intellectual.
Average IQ is not only enough then, it is the highest measure. Haste does not breed thought. A slow, tardy mind is an asset.
Optimum is not maximum. Less is more.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A good post.
IQ corresponds to quickness of understanding. However, thinking is a slow process.
Einstein had an average IQ in his social class. He was not, in your appellative of the word, intelligent or smart, but an intellectual.
Average IQ is not only enough then, it is the highest measure. Haste does not breed thought. A slow, tardy mind is an asset.

When it comes to IQ and thinking, the speed of thinking is hampered by the ability of one to take in relevant information. To an ISTP thinking is the middle ground between what is taken in and application of knowledge. I would be curious to see how Ne affects the speed of thinking vs Se.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When it comes to IQ and thinking, the speed of thinking is hampered by the ability of one to take in relevant information. To an ISTP thinking is the middle ground between what is taken in and application of knowledge. I would be curious to see how Ne affects the speed of thinking vs Se.

Not sure what you mean, but, in my perception, Ti and Ne are so entangled that I could consider them as the same process. Not so big on "application."

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not a troll, I'm just trying to see the reality. And by superior, I didn't mean perfect, just the "most advanced" type of human, you know. And by superior, I mean the most important things for human evolution : creativity, inventions etc...

And I don't say that to myself because I'm insecure and stuffs, if I'd have met more like me, I wouldn't think like this...

awww... and I was thinking that the overcompensating narcissism evident in the post was so adorable :tongue:

it would be unwise to forget that most of us on this site, type regardless, are pretty sharp :newwink:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
A good post.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity."

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

redScorpion

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
it would be unwise to forget that most of us on this site, type regardless, are pretty sharp :newwink:

Yeah I noticed that, It's kinda weird to see people so direct and this sharp, this quick, you only see this on the internet lol.

F

figsfiggyfigs

:laugh:

We'll INTPs are definitely among the most entertaining imo. So they are usually superior at being hilarious, if this thread is any proof.

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
:laugh:

We'll INTPs are definitely among the most entertaining imo. So they are usually superior at being hilarious, if this thread is any proof.

hans8iztp4.jpg These people are good at entertaining?

€:The text on the pic isn't important in this context, so just ignore it.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why is Hans standing in front of American style high school lockers and aren't spelling flames more of an INTJ thing?:thinking: *ducks for cover*

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP

A good question.

Fast thinkers:
1. Te Si.
2. Te Ni

Slow thinkers:
1. Ti Ne
2. Ti Se

I used to watch my father (Te Ni) and my brother (Ti Se) to play chess.
My father had a very high IQ. My brother had an average IQ in his social class.
My brother won him the first time when he was nine.
When he was ten, he won every game.

He had the ability to take in relevant information before he made a move.
Extraverted perception.
S or N.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
A good question.

Fast thinkers:
1. Te Si.
2. Te Ni

Slow thinkers:
1. Ti Ne
2. Ti Se

I used to watch my father (Te Ni) and my brother (Ti Se) to play chess.
My father had a very high IQ. My brother had an average IQ in his social class.
My brother won him the first time when he was nine.
When he was ten, he won every game.

He had the ability to take in relevant information before he made a move.
Extraverted perception.
S or N.

Hahaha very few people have the patience to watch 2 Perceivers play chess. :laugh:

It's not only the thinking, it's the decisions, you have to make a lot of decisions in chess...