User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 96

  1. #61
    Senior Member ZPowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redScorpion View Post
    * Very good taste in music (From classical music, hip-hop to early-metallica stuffs)
    * Very good taste in women (elite beauty for elite people)
    * Have great humor ( toilet and surreal humor )
    * I like interesting debates (on society, humans etc..)
    Unless someone flatly dislikes music, potential romantic/sexual partners, comedy, and anything resembling debates, everyone in the world thinks this about yourself. If you really thought your taste in music was terrible, you'd change it.

    Or, I guess, if you thought you had bad taste in music, you are lying to yourself about what your taste in music is?

    The point is, one time I got a fortune cookie that said "You think you have a good sense of humor" and I was pissed and it was the worst fortune I ever got because, seriously, not only is that not a fortune but it's also kind of an insult. And, again, EVERYONE thinks they have a good sense of humor. They like it, and hence it becomes their sense of humor. And when was the last time any of you ACTUALLY got a fortune from a fortune cookie instead of some cliched, bullshit, obvious or totally nonsensical advice like "Friendship is Stronger Than Strangership. Here's some Lucky Numbers." When I was a kid I consistently got real fortunes, but now I guess the fortune cookie industry has sold out to the psuedo-inspirational Hallmark fatcats. Maybe I should open a Fortune Cookie company and call it "Actual Fortunes Fortune Cookies, For Chrissake"

    Anyways, what were we talking about?

  2. #62
    Member metasapiens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    N>JI
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redScorpion View Post
    Are INTP's superior beings ?
    No. But superior beings are INTPs.

  3. #63
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Or, I guess, if you thought you had bad taste in music, you are lying to yourself about what your taste in music is?

    The point is, one time I got a fortune cookie that said "You think you have a good sense of humor" and I was pissed and it was the worst fortune I ever got because, seriously, not only is that not a fortune but it's also kind of an insult.
    LOL. I INTPs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  4. #64
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    haha...me too...the point is...??

    haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    103

    Default

    I'm not a troll, I'm just trying to see the reality. And by superior, I didn't mean perfect, just the "most advanced" type of human, you know. And by superior, I mean the most important things for human evolution : creativity, inventions etc...

    And I don't say that to myself because I'm insecure and stuffs, if I'd have met more like me, I wouldn't think like this...

  6. #66
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Let's clear this up. You can be smart/intelligent but not necessarily intellectual and vice versa. Intelligence measures how fast one can grasp material and retain it. Intellect is about how curious one is. One can be dumb as rocks but still be incredibly intellectual. One can be insanely smart but not intellectual at all. Many times, they go hand in hand. I took what Shimmy was saying as people who are intellectual engage their mind so they are doing something with whatever intelligence they have. On the other hand, having intelligence doesn't mean one necessarily will use it.
    A good post.
    IQ corresponds to quickness of understanding. However, thinking is a slow process.
    Einstein had an average IQ in his social class. He was not, in your appellative of the word, intelligent or smart, but an intellectual.
    Average IQ is not only enough then, it is the highest measure. Haste does not breed thought. A slow, tardy mind is an asset.
    Optimum is not maximum. Less is more.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    A good post.
    IQ corresponds to quickness of understanding. However, thinking is a slow process.
    Einstein had an average IQ in his social class. He was not, in your appellative of the word, intelligent or smart, but an intellectual.
    Average IQ is not only enough then, it is the highest measure. Haste does not breed thought. A slow, tardy mind is an asset.
    Optimum is not maximum. Less is more.
    When it comes to IQ and thinking, the speed of thinking is hampered by the ability of one to take in relevant information. To an ISTP thinking is the middle ground between what is taken in and application of knowledge. I would be curious to see how Ne affects the speed of thinking vs Se.

  8. #68
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    When it comes to IQ and thinking, the speed of thinking is hampered by the ability of one to take in relevant information. To an ISTP thinking is the middle ground between what is taken in and application of knowledge. I would be curious to see how Ne affects the speed of thinking vs Se.
    Not sure what you mean, but, in my perception, Ti and Ne are so entangled that I could consider them as the same process. Not so big on "application."

  9. #69
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redScorpion View Post
    I'm not a troll, I'm just trying to see the reality. And by superior, I didn't mean perfect, just the "most advanced" type of human, you know. And by superior, I mean the most important things for human evolution : creativity, inventions etc...

    And I don't say that to myself because I'm insecure and stuffs, if I'd have met more like me, I wouldn't think like this...
    awww... and I was thinking that the overcompensating narcissism evident in the post was so adorable

    it would be unwise to forget that most of us on this site, type regardless, are pretty sharp
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  10. #70
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    A good post.
    IQ corresponds to quickness of understanding. However, thinking is a slow process.
    Einstein had an average IQ in his social class. He was not, in your appellative of the word, intelligent or smart, but an intellectual.
    Average IQ is not only enough then, it is the highest measure. Haste does not breed thought. A slow, tardy mind is an asset.
    Optimum is not maximum. Less is more.

    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity."

    “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

Similar Threads

  1. Are INTPs secretly just as conscientious as ISFJs come off to be?
    By Evolving Transparency in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-05-2017, 12:01 PM
  2. [INTP] how are INTP look wise?
    By think2much in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 12:02 AM
  3. [INTP] Are INTPs good drivers?
    By Rainne in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 12:28 AM
  4. [INTP] Are INTP's slow?
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 01:55 AM
  5. [INTP] Are INTP's really the least sociable archetype?
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 04:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO