• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NT/Ps - Name Your Friends.

Scorquendo

MBTI Type
INTP
Anyways, I was just curious what other rational friends' types were since it seems apparent to me, at least, that I don't really have any NF or NT friends (one of my close friends could possibly be an INFP, but sometimes he is too much of a sensor and a conformist).

For some reason, I seem to gel best with the ISF/TPs; literally, of the good 10 friends I've had my whole life, they have all been artisans. They are laid-back, take my criticisms in a lovable way, and seem to always find my observations interesting. With T/FJ's, I'm pretty lax, but I get bored of them quite fast. My sister's an FJ and we have a good relationship, though.

The last time I had a good NT relationship was with my childhood friend, whom later got into drugs, alcohol, and the whole she-bang :cry:

That being said, I've met a few NFs (whom I thought were kind of annoying and stupid) and an ENTJ (who was just a total douche).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You are too critical of your friends. It's a bit sucky if you call someone a friend and a douche at the same time

The people I hang out with at work and other people I occassionaly meet are nearly all SJs. They somehow accept me in their middle, tho I basically never agree with the groups opinion. Since I make no big deal of a disagreement it's probably how it works.

My best friends were an infp, intp, esfp, entj and an intj men and one infj and intj girl.

I tend to type my friends I, maybe that's a sign aswell :)

I do get along very well with istj's and istp's, there's a mutual feeling of harmony between us, tho we have most often totally different intrests.

Scorquendo

MBTI Type
INTP
You are too critical of your friends. It's a bit sucky if you call someone a friend and a douche at the same time

You misread my post. I never called that ENTJ a friend, did I?

That being said, I've met a few NFs (whom I thought were kind of annoying and stupid) and an ENTJ (who was just a total douche).

I was only calling to the notion that other NF/Ts I've "met" had never gelled with my type like predicted in the text and I seem to have a better rapport with SPs, instead.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You maybe then need friends who are intelligent enough to understand you correctly or you try to come back onto the realm of normal people

Scorquendo

MBTI Type
INTP
You maybe then need friends who are intelligent enough to understand you correctly or you try to come back onto the realm of normal people

I don't understand you're analysis of me as a person. Maybe this is just another misunderstanding, but I just started this thread because I was curious what types other NTs hang out with, not because I wanted someone who barely knows me to critique my social circle.

Clearly you are in no position to tell me whom I need to meet or what I need to do as I am happy with my friends even though, to my surprise, we are relatively unlike one another.

Any other NTs want to add to the expressed meaning of my original post?

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My top three friends are as follows (not in any order): INTJ, ENFJ, ISTJ

N

NPcomplete

My friends are as follows in no particular order: INFJ times 3, ENFJ, INFP, INTP, ISTJ, INTJ times 2, ENTJ, ESTJ, ESFP

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ENTJ, ENFJ, ENFP (x2), ISTJ, ISTP, ISFP.

"P" almost always bugs me as a trait in other people. I'm P myself, but was raised in a family of extreme J's - and I think that's why "P" in my friends gets on my nerves. I can relate to it and I can appreciate it for it's good points (flexibility, go-with-the-flow, relaxed, and often times very creative), but the conversation tends to go like this (notice the complete non-committal and vagueness in every statement):

P#1: We should hang out sometime.
P#2: Yeah, we can probably hang out this week sometime - or maybe next week. If you get some free time, give me a call.
P#3: OK, I think I'm pretty busy this week but, yeah, call me too if you're free - maybe we can squeeze something in.
P#4: OK, yeah, we'll talk soon then.
*A month goes by with no contact*

The good thing is, neither party gets mad or upset. We're both very understanding and the next time we see each other (even if it's a year later) is just as fun as the last time. But, sometimes it's just too much P, not enough J. Too much "I don't know, we'll see". I wonder if J/J friendships are the same way - if they get on each other's nerves after a while or if they love each other and have anal-rententive parties :cheese:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
EXFJ (angry douchebag), INTJ, INTP