User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default Question for ENTPs

I have a question for the ENTPs out there:

I know that you guys with your dominant Ne have many different thoughts and ideas going through your busy minds. I also know that you guys come off as flirts quite easily and perhaps be seen by others as perhaps a "player" even though you're not. You just like to explore.

So my question is (and I guess this could be more directed to ENTP males, but females are free to give their opinions as well): If you knew a girl that you had hung out with a few times, were initially very attracted to her and interested (could not take eyes off of her), and you lived in another state with work at the time... would you go forth to try ANYTHING to be with her despite the obstacles?

I'm not really expecting a yes or no answer because there are many different factors that can take play, but I just want to see how ENTPs respond given that I know how much you guys like to be free and not grow up too fast.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I behave mostly "like a guy" with respect to relationships - Oorobas can vouch... Oorobas - are you there?

Yeah, if we like you ALOT, we can do amazing things to overcome relationship obstacles - Like being in a different state/country

But the quandary is ALOT usually means we feel like the person we are doing this for is practically our soul mate and we figured this out in the first few minutes of talking. Not to be to lewd, but if we have had sex with you, even better, but not really a guarantee.

If this person really is in to you, you would probably know it as when we are attracted - we are pretty obvious with our attraction - and the clear sign that we want to be with you is we make a point to spend ALOT of time with you. I think this is because we find so few people who can stand our intense to totally board in 6 seconds 35 times a day that we know if someone is a good fit fast. The next point also doesn't help us much in relationships because not only do we send mixed signals, but we have the potential to just be dogs. Meaning - most ENTP - probably don't have exclusivity on their list of gotta have's in a relationship BUT we will do this when in love FOR the person we LOVE if it matters to them. Physical touch does not usually equal love to us(?) - I am working on this, may just be me

How it works - Meet & Talk (2-3 minutes) - Decide to keep talking then hang out (1 day) - Hang out and enjoy it (2-4 weeks) - Fall in love - Somewhere in the 2-4 weeks - Long lasting and ready to go if it is right (4 mos - 5 or 10 yrs)

That last part I think is where you see how ready the particular ENTP is to settle down and if this was part of their life growing up. Since commitment causes hives in ENTP, we try to avoid this as much as possible, so this HUGE commitment is high on the list of things we usually have to force ourselves to follow through with.

Maybe TMI - your questions is mostly about the first part, but the long distance aspect is hard for any relationship and really hard for those of us consistently high on the ADD (ENFP/ENTP) scale which makes it FEEL like a huge commitent

Hopefully some other of us of the truly male variety will add in and correct me where I am totally making S#!* up

Good luck!

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I agree that it's a rational decision weighing out the amount of energy spent vs. the return on your investment and expected outcome. "Liking" someone simply isn't enough.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Effort V reward fo' sure. If it's easy or high reward, yup.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I agree that it's a rational decision weighing out the amount of energy spent vs. the return on your investment and expected outcome. "Liking" someone simply isn't enough.
    This.

It's not that I don't trust my emotions, I'm just not comfortable making decisions based on them. If I realize that I'm attracted to a guy and it looks like there won't be much of a return (which could be that he won't return my affections or simply that I don't think he'd keep me interested in the long run), I can drop that attraction like a stone.

However, if I were in your situation and found that I was smitten with a guy who lived in a different province, it wouldn't be that he wasn't important to me, but I have trouble with a kind of "out of sight, out of mind" mentality (not purposefully, but it takes a great deal of energy to keep in touch with people who aren't in my immediate sphere of contact). He might always be in the back of my mind ("oh man, I should have totally just asked him out when I had the chance...we clicked so well") but I don't usually dwell on those things - my current life's possibilities can be quite distracting.

Anyway, 4 for 4 female responses, but hey, I hope you can glean something relevant from our info.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by stormyapril View Post

But the quandary is ALOT usually means we feel like the person we are doing this for is practically our soul mate and we figured this out in the first few minutes of talking. Not to be to lewd, but if we have had sex with you, even better, but not really a guarantee.
    Wait, what? Guess I was a bit confused in what you meant there.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

No, I'ld have to be in love with her what doesnt happen after a few days for me. Would have been more like 1-2 years of relationship first
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Wow. I'm very curious to read the responses to this thread. I am in a quite similar situation right now as well. How would ENTPs be in long distance relationships?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

They'ld be in the cellar working on the teleportation device. And if not they'ld quit their job and move to your place.

I couldnt imagine living in a long distance relationship. That's something for patient people
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I'm in a LDR. Your question is too vague tho, wadda ya wanna know enthusiastic MBTI one?