User Tag List

First 123 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BrianBear View Post
    Even as a kid people thought I was an "old soul".
    Isn't that what they call non-drinkers?
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Well, yes, I have always wanted to understand the why's and how's, but I would never call that philosophical. If philosophy has a spiritual side to it, I'd pass. I did enjoy all my philosophical courses in college, though...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I majored in it and still consider it the most powerful force in the world.. thing is alot of people don't realize how powerful it is; how much it affects their lives. It can spawn a Hitler, Ghandi or Skinner so, yes, its something I still watch.
    Most throw the term around so loosely it has no real meaning equating it with some personal code or religion or think of it as, merely, some intellectual game ivory tower academians play. I, seriously, doubt any but those who do actually study it even know what School something they're discussing even falls in so I tend to stay out of those discussions.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

It’s a very basic part of my daily life; I’m constantly reevaluating my worldview based on new information I receive.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    I majored in it and still consider it the most powerful force in the world.. thing is alot of people don't realize how powerful it is; how much it affects their lives. It can spawn a Hitler, Ghandi or Skinner so, yes, its something I still watch.
    I completely agree with this statement. Most people don’t seem to understand the incredible effect philosophical ideas have on human culture. A very good deal of revolutions, wars, and movements, especially those such as communism, the American Revolution, and in the case of more religiously defined philosophy the various Crusades to the Middle East (involved both social and ideological factors not directly tied to religion as well), involve philosophy to a high degree. The Bolshevik Revolution would carry no weight if not for the ideas of Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    And a part of me thinks the unknown should not be physically explored not just because it's potentially dangerous, but because of the imaginary wonderment that would be lost should we do so.
    I doubt that there will ever be an exhaustion of the unknown.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Yes. Anyone who wants to understand everything, would be.

...but not the kind of philosophy that revolves around one liners...
    Yes I agree. The blunt truth is I probably will not understand everything in my lifetime, but I never really want to tell myself that. It is extremely important to me that I understand our world.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    This IS the most human powerful force in the world. It's the idea that ideas exist. It doesn't get more powerful than that. Everything we understand rides on ideas, and it allows our minds to create order.

I tend to try to limit my NTness to only deal with philosophical sciences. Once I start to deviate from this model, I tend to get very impractical. Even the quest for philosophical sciences is pretty impractical in itself, but it's the type of understanding our world I most relate to. Most likely due to my TiNe combination... I am also always updating my active model of the universe.

I do know a lot of NT's (I can think of examples for all four types) that do not consider philosophical matters to be even close to the most important thing in their lives. It just isn't first on the priority list that they have committed to. But for each one of them, they do tend to be influenced by a logic-based philosophical discussion if it crosses their path in life... in a much quicker and immediate fashion than any other types in my experience.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    In accordance of the question asked to the SPs, I'd like to know this truth about the NTs. Do you consider yourself a philosopher or to have philosophical viewpoints like so many NT descriptions say you do?
    I study philosophy, but unless you count personality systems, I don't dedicate a large amount of time to philosophising. Rather it's casual; as I'm walking to a lecture or tutorial I'll run through ideas, concepts and rules in my head. Sometimes I'll do philosophy while I'm arguing; I'll come up with an idea half way through an argument and throw it at my opponent, often half-formed or in development. It's a great mental exercise. I tend not to be concerned with the logical consistency of my arguments, because that comes naturally, and when it doesn't, I willingly concede my logic, and address another issue. I see no reason to debate a point just to win (unless you're in the courtroom). I certainly what many would consider to be philosophical viewpoints, and many of these tie in with political theory, which I devote a fair bit of my casual philosophising time to. For example, creating the ideal state. I love to set my views in order, so that when people ask me what they are, they're there for me to talk about.

MBTI
    INTJ

No. I like science and technology, and I am also interested in psychology, but philosophy was not made for me.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Priam View Post
    INTP reporting here: I would, yes, in the context of being one who reflects on meanings and motives within humanity, but I fail to enter into the semantic debate that seems to permeate "academic" philosophy. I'm much more likely to read multiple viewpoints and take a hodgepodge of thoughts from them all that makes sense in the context of my current evidence. Does that make sense?
    Makes a lot of sense and I'll just ditto it rather than rewrite/rephrase it for myself.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yes - too many, unfortunately.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

No, Falcarius is not a philosopher. He would much rather think about 'science', as I finds 'philosophical theory' too wishy-washy. Falcarius just thinks philosophy is a 'failed' science. If a idea can be proved it is science, and if it can't it is a philosophy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.