User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Borderline

MBTI
    INTJ

Allright! Not going to respond to the sms: "date?" :p" then.

Going to be selfish and "evil" this time for my own good.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think it's in your best interest to avoid anyone who would be, like, bragging about it when you first meet them whether they have it or not. If someone doesn't have it and says they do, they're probably immature and are looking for attention, or may have a different disorder like narcissism.

I was terrified at one point that I had it, but do not. I can't imagine anyone being proud of it or talking about it that openly, especially in my experience with people I think are borderline, they refuse to get help, or even when they do they don't stick with it.

MBTI
    INTJ

She was cozy as hell. (cozy cossy?) She basically wrapped herself around me.

I was a good time until she tried to pull tricks on me. I don`t respond to evil tricks. I just leave. or confront you. i did both at the end.

Kinda strange my feelings are unhurt. Guess i was to detached. To drunk to bond. I guess.

Words hurts more perhaps. I feel a tad hurt because they claimed that i reminded them about a True blood vampire or something. Time to grow my hair long again.

She was perhaps mentally over it.. they can "grow out of it" at least the cutting part.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I think it's in your best interest to avoid anyone who would be, like, bragging about it when you first meet them whether they have it or not.
    Don't avoid her. She's interesting.
    She's not going to try to kill you with an axe or anything.

ThatGirl

Someone always says that, right before the axe comes out......

If someone is telling you they are Borderline as a conversation piece, chances are they think it is cool, or use the description to justify other non related behavior.

I don't know about dating someone who actually had it. I think that would be unsettling.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm willing to bet that she won't try to kill him with an axe. Although borderlines seem to be inexplicably attracted to crossbows.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
    Are they prone to manipulate? Is it a stupid question?
    Yes/Yes

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    I'm willing to bet that she won't try to kill him with an axe. Although borderlines seem to be inexplicably attracted to crossbows.
    I was in a relationship with a borderline. They aren't interesting, they torture you. It's uniquely different from some other mental illnesses and personality disorders as it is notoriously hard to treat and is frequently linked to drug/alcohol addiction, violence, even crime. Someone in one of the provided links said it best when they described the borderline person as seeing life as one giant attack on them, even when they're doing horrible things to other people.

They can be insanely cruel, and it makes it all the more painful that they simultaneously act like they love you so much.

From what I understand INTJs don't like clingy, and borderlines can out-clingy any regular clingy person. I'm talking about calling you every hour on the hour, screaming "where the hell have you been" and throwing things if you come home thirty minutes late from church...

MBTI
    ENTP

I was in a relationship with a girl who I suspect was borderline.
    We met, and after a few days, she knocked at my door, I was like WTF....how'd you get here? Did u stalk me ? lol

When I told her I wanted to break up with her...that day I received a phone call from a friend saying : Hey what's wrong with you your girlfriend wanted to kill herself today. Again ...the WTF moment : ))

When I wanted to break up with her (again), some guy came along begging me not to break up with her because he really likes this chick who was friend with this borderline girl, and she promised she'd hook him up with her.

Something always happened the day I wanted to break up with her.

She lied a lot.

She stole my stuff to get back at me.

I remember she influenced most of my friends into thinking stuff that wasn't true. She made them all ask me to hook up with her like...all day long..annoying me.

She was a crazy bitch, and it was fun...ish

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I would never advise an adult to get into a relationship with a person with BPD unless that person was in therapy and were working on their problems.

In my case, I didn't really know what BPD was back when I met my ex, and I felt sorry for him because of his childhood and thought I could love him out of it. I just thought he got jealous and I didn't think things would get worse, but they did. He's come to grips with some of his problems but he refuses to be in therapy.

My mom is the same way - she tortures everyone around her but acts like a victim. The good thing about mom is that she, generally speaking, is not violent but does fucked up things like follows you back to your room and screams in your face and bangs on your door when you're trying to get space to end the argument. She won't get therapy, thinks everyone around her is crazy but she's not, blah blah blah.

She can be really sweet but then lashes out really extremely. Borderlines are like this: this bizarre dichotomy between the sweetest love and most damaging hate.

People with BPD generally were either violently or sexually abused in childhood, it's part of what shapes the borderline personality - a parent or other guardian who simultaneously loved them and seriously harmed them, or who abandoned them suddenly, or who was too co-dependent on the child as though the child were expected to be a friend or even a partner.