123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Default Disproportional representation of INTJs on this forum

I've noticed that there is a huge amount of INTJs on this forum in comparison with almost every other type. Why is it that INTJs tend to flock towards this kind of thing? I would expect the NF population to be higher, since personality systems are something that would naturally be most appealing to NFs (self-development and the like).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

INTJs, being INTs, are nerds and, hence, more likely to frequent Internet message boards. Until recently there wasn't a forum comparable to INTP Central.

And there you have it.

MBTI
    INTJ

From typelogic's INTJ profile:

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to "work at" a relationship. Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression. This ability can then be honed and directed by consistent, repeated efforts to understand and support those they care about, and those relationships which ultimately do become established with an INTJ tend to be characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.
    INTJs are uncomfortable with chaos and therefore strive to understand and control things. At the outset, people stump us as described above. MBTI helps us pwn the 'human' system. (Thank you again for that phrase, Usehername! )

MBTI
    INTJ

What I like about this forum is the variety of people posting here. The atmosphere is relaxed, and one can read a lot of different views on any given topic. This latter aspect also may be what appeals to the INTJ in me. I generally am curious to hear what people have to say, the more diverse the opinions, the better for me.

MBTI
    xNTP

Unfortunately I cannot recall my source but allegedly the INTJ has the greatest interest in typing others. As by typing other people he or she can better understand those people. And understanding is a driving force for rationals.

MBTI
    INTP

There was an interesting study done on which MBTI type typically retires early. Within this study, there were statistics indicating which personality typically is represented the most heavily on the web.

Granted, the study was done almost 8 years ago, but it offers a perspective. If you scroll about 33% down the page, there are statistics for each type.

The 4 highest results indicated as follows:

INFJ 1% World Pop. 8% Web Users
    INFP 1% World Pop. 8% Web Users
    INTJ 1% World Pop. 7% Web Users
    INTP 1% World Pop. 4% Web Users

Things have undoubtedly changed since then, and I'm 100% confident the results wouldn't be valid in todays world... but it's interesting nonetheless.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by cdal233 View Post
    There was an interesting study done on which MBTI type typically retires early. Within this study, there were statistics indicating which personality typically is represented the most heavily on the web.

Granted, the study was done almost 8 years ago, but it offers a perspective. If you scroll about 33% down the page, there are statistics for each type.

The 4 highest results indicated as follows:

INFJ 1% World Pop. 8% Web Users
    INTP 1% World Pop. 4% Web Users

Things have undoubtedly changed since then, and I'm 100% confident the results wouldn't be valid in todays world... but it's interesting nonetheless.
    I am surprised by those results. IMO, the following would be a more accurate representation:

INTP 1% World Pop. 8% Web Users
    - The Internet by it's very design is conducive to exploration. There's much to read, learn and do. Surely it is an NP dream come true.

INFJ 1% World Pop. 4% Web Users
    - Too lazy to explain this but I will if anyone is interested.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    - Too lazy to explain this but I will if anyone is interested.
    Go for it, SuperDave.

.... hmm... as far as INTJs go... do we have any INTJ repellent?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I've noticed that there is a huge amount of INTJs on this forum in comparison with almost every other type.

That's fine with me as it was one of those that spotted me as an INTP on a forum. I don't think I could have done that... well, I know I couldn't. I look up to them.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    That's fine with me as it was one of those that spotted me as an INTP on a forum. I don't think I could have done that... well, I know I couldn't. I look up to them.
    Oh I'm calling BS on that one.

INTP's are the ones who know complex theory for seemingly no reason... you definitely could call out another type on a forum.