• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Disproportional representation of INTJs on this forum

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I've noticed that there is a huge amount of INTJs on this forum in comparison with almost every other type. Why is it that INTJs tend to flock towards this kind of thing? I would expect the NF population to be higher, since personality systems are something that would naturally be most appealing to NFs (self-development and the like).
According to this poll, there are more INTPs here than INTJs.
Where did you get your information,
Did you search the entire membership?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/bonfire/693-what-type-you.html

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've noticed that there is a huge amount of INTJs on this forum in comparison with almost every other type. Why is it that INTJs tend to flock towards this kind of thing? I would expect the NF population to be higher, since personality systems are something that would naturally be most appealing to NFs (self-development and the like).

Pretty simple answer actually. Over time, and different e-mail groups, and stuff by Kiersey, people have developed an idea of the INTJ as some larger than life (clearly ficticious) idea of the INTJ type.
Personally I suspect that the self-identifying INTJs include: an unbelievably of people who are actually one of the other types.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I just finished searching the entire membership for at least all the self-reported types that are known. Some folks don't know their type, or only know partial, and I didn't mess with that, but here's the results:

INTP - 236
INTJ - 121
INFP - 112
INFJ - 107

ENFP - 49
ENTP - 33

ISTP - 27
ISTJ - 18

ENTJ - 16
ENFJ - 15

ISFP - 13
ISFJ - 8

ESTJ - 6
ESTP - 4
ESFJ - 3
ESFP - 3

cdal233

MBTI Type
INTP
Maybe the INTJ's are just louder?

Either that or the entire premise of the thread is wrong due to the INTP's present.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Maybe the INTJ's are just louder?

Either that or the entire premise of the thread is wrong due to the INTP's present.
Definitely the INxx types make up the great majority of the membership.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
As for "Is," which are the majority, its obvious why.

As for "NTJ" after traveling and purusing other sites, this is by far the most interesting and "mature" (not meaning age.) I've found both meanness and silliness (not the fun kind) on other sites. Let's just say "qualities" I don't perceive most "NTJs" as being especially appreciative of.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJs are uncomfortable with chaos and therefore strive to understand and control things. At the outset, people stump us as described above. MBTI helps us pwn the 'human' system.

How does this differ from the ENTJ's uncomfortableness with chaos, and their striving to understand and control things?

Unfortunately I cannot recall my source but allegedly the INTJ has the greatest interest in typing others. As by typing other people he or she can better understand those people. And understanding is a driving force for rationals.

This kind of thing makes me think I could be an INTJ. I do, after all, frequently test as balanced on the E/I dichotomy.

The 4 highest results indicated as follows:

INFJ 1% World Pop. 8% Web Users
INFP 1% World Pop. 8% Web Users
INTJ 1% World Pop. 7% Web Users
INTP 1% World Pop. 4% Web Users

Things have undoubtedly changed since then, and I'm 100% confident the results wouldn't be valid in todays world... but it's interesting nonetheless.

Definitely. Cheers for posting this; I've been looking for something like this for a while now.

Pretty simple answer actually. Over time, and different e-mail groups, and stuff by Kiersey, people have developed an idea of the INTJ as some larger than life (clearly ficticious) idea of the INTJ type.
Personally I suspect that the self-identifying INTJs include: an unbelievably of people who are actually one of the other types.

Interesting. I'd like to know how many INTJs started off as INTJ, and how many have always been INTJ. In fact, I'll create a poll now.

I just finished searching the entire membership for at least all the self-reported types that are known. Some folks don't know their type, or only know partial, and I didn't mess with that, but here's the results:

INTP - 236
INTJ - 121
INFP - 112
INFJ - 107

ENFP - 49
ENTP - 33

ISTP - 27
ISTJ - 18

ENTJ - 16
ENFJ - 15

ISFP - 13
ISFJ - 8

ESTJ - 6
ESTP - 4
ESFJ - 3
ESFP - 3

Take into account that many of these might have their types wrong, and many probably don't post here anymore (I bet that about a quarter of the INTPs you've recorded are among the deserters).

kate

MBTI Type
ENFP

Ezra, this is an interesting question, and you have hit on part of the answer by saying that you would expect NFs to be interested in personality 'systems'. Systems are a distinctly NT preoccupation, and many NTs that I have worked with are delighted to find a system that rationalises the messy complexity of human behaviour. NFs are certainly interested in MBTI, but largely in so far as it supports their own and others' journey towards authenticity and self-knowledge. They are less interested in it as a 'system'. So discussions about MBTI as a system will be attractive to NTs, NTJs naturally have a stronger pull towards structured systems, and Is, as a previous constributor pointed out, are likely to be drawn to forums as a method of communication and exploration. ENFPs like me are more often found discussing MBTI with others or working hands on with individuals and groups.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
Ezra, this is an interesting question, and you have hit on part of the answer by saying that you would expect NFs to be interested in personality 'systems'. Systems are a distinctly NT preoccupation, and many NTs that I have worked with are delighted to find a system that rationalises the messy complexity of human behaviour. NFs are certainly interested in MBTI, but largely in so far as it supports their own and others' journey towards authenticity and self-knowledge. They are less interested in it as a 'system'. So discussions about MBTI as a system will be attractive to NTs, NTJs naturally have a stronger pull towards structured systems, and Is, as a previous constributor pointed out, are likely to be drawn to forums as a method of communication and exploration. ENFPs like me are more often found discussing MBTI with others or working hands on with individuals and groups.

One big thing has been missed, is that INTJs like arrogance, haughtyness and talking down to their fellow types.

And as such they enjoy clustering where they can form a tag team for this very purpose. Think of like world domination by INTJs but on a smaller scale.. a chat board in fact.

:)

Usehername

On a mission

Excellent first post! Welcome! Why don't you make an intro thread?

Apollonian

MBTI Type
INTJ
One big thing has been missed, is that INTJs like arrogance, haughtyness and talking down to their fellow types.

Not all INTJs are evil (or sarcastic). Some of us use our powers for good...we're just so abstract sometimes that our good intentions are not always presented in a manner which is well received.

INTJs, being INTs, are nerds and, hence, more likely to frequent Internet message boards. Until recently there wasn't a forum comparable to INTP Central.

And there you have it.

I concur.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8

And as such they enjoy clustering where they can form a tag team for this very purpose. Think of like world domination by INTJs but on a smaller scale.. a chat board in fact.

:)

No.

Do not generalize.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
No.

Do not generalize.
This instruction is a difficult one to follow for me.
I know how much it is disliked on this board, but I do so love to generalize.
My Ni loves it.

Anyway, being expected not to generalize is almost like asking me not to breathe.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, but you're a 5. I'll have to rephrase and say a lot on non 5w INTJs that have an IQ of say above 135 revert to sarcasm in the absence of intellectual conversation. Happy? :devil:
OOooooooo.
You're goooood. :D

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, not all INTJs are that smart and as such don't get bored with toying with the mice so much.
I thought it was INTPs that toy with people?
That's been MY experience anyway.

Works

MBTI Type
INTP
I thought it was INTPs that toy with people?
That's been MY experience anyway.

Toying around with people takes too much energy and focus for your average intp. Missing social cues is something we tend to do though.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
This instruction is a difficult one to follow for me.
I know how much it is disliked on this board, but I do so love to generalize.
My Ni loves it.

Anyway, being expected not to generalize is almost like asking me not to breathe.

Respiration is a systematic process that requires diverse oxygenation techniques. To provide this, sometimes we need to resort to different aerobic strategies - even those that aren't necessarily comfortable to us.

If we don't, we deplete our brain of oxygen. Cells shrink.

We lose our intelligence.

Yeah, but you're a 5. I'll have to rephrase and say a lot on non 5w INTJs that have an IQ of say above 135 revert to sarcasm in the absence of intellectual conversation. Happy? :devil:

Your undertone is cute.

I don't think we've been properly introduced.

Trobon

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think that INTxs tend to enjoy the company of other minds over the internet. We are able to get ideas and learn new things while maintaining our privacy and keeping the ability to leave into our own minds if we get upset.