User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Thread: Inferior Si.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    The Ne attitude is not that digging for a specific pattern is important; no, no. The Ne attitude is that digging for anything is intrisically important because no matter what I find, I found something and I'll explore outside of the widely accepted presumptions to do it. How do I know that? I know that because I have extremely high Ne; it's my strongest function by far. I don't necessarily need patterns to form a new whole. I can form a new whole without existing patterns just as well by looking at the possibilities.

Are you assuming that Ne doesn't dig to find differences?
    Yes, I am assuming another function digs to find differences. You as an INTP have a strong Ti and Si which is combined with a strong Ne used to dig deeper. Thats much different then FiNeTe or TiNeFe.

ReflecTcelfeR

That's the point if you've found a fundamental enough connection it should never end, or it should continue for a while until it can no longer be divided, or connected anymore.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Yes, I am assuming another function digs to find differences. You as an INTP have a strong Ti and Si which is combined with a strong Ne used to dig deeper. Thats much different then FiNeTe or TiNeFe.
    INTP description fits me best. I don't agree that cognitive function preferences should be the only basis for determining ones type.

MBTI
    STP

The Ne attitude is not that digging for a specific pattern is important; no, no. The Ne attitude is that digging for anything is intrisically important because no matter what I find, I found something and I'll explore outside of the widely accepted presumptions to do it. How do I know that? I know that because I have extremely high Ne; it's my strongest function by far. I don't necessarily need patterns to form a new whole. I can form a new whole without existing patterns just as well by looking at the possibilities.

Are you assuming that Ne doesn't dig to find differences? I think this depends on the supporting function.
    Yes, I am assuming that Ne doesnt do this and is heavily dependent on a supporting function which it appears that ENxP defaults to recognizing patterns instead of internalizing and digging deeper as an I type would. The pattern is keyed off a thought or feeling. So when I tell an ENTP my thoughts we connect using Ti and he jumps into Ne pattern matching. No Fe is involved IMO. I think that ENTPs for example are better at learning patterns and application, then actually creating patterns. They dont have as much of a vast internal pattern structure as an INTP who would create alot of their own patterns.

Just my opinion

edit: and MBTI is based off of symptoms...a predefined set of criteria which is tied to a personality. And we use this same system on more serious things...wonder why doctors "practice". Yes its the best we have as we can only reach what we understand and it has come alot farther then just classifying people as witches and killing them.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes, we have "symptoms". And how many times are problems misdiagnosed based on symptoms. Yes Ne has its plusses and minuses, I was trying to explain how to get past its limitations and delve into Si...but all Ne seems to want to do is argue about it and take offense.
    Huh? No one is taking offense, and if someone did, it would be their Fi or Fe, not Ne lol.

I see patterns of human behavior in various cultures - which is one of the reasons I kept poking another user who claims the INFP type the other night, perhaps they use a lot more Fi where as I use more Ne, I dunno - but this person wouldn't even step outside of their own cultural experience to question why other humans in different civilizations would have different values. I believe he was in a horrible Fi/Si loop...at any rate, what perfectgirl said is correct, Ne does dig to find differences and possibilities.

It's just a slightly different process for NTPs who are more focused on how things work, and/or rational philosophy, and NFPs who often use their Ne for people purposes or artistic venues. Not that NFPs can't ever be engineers (Elaur is) or NTPs can't be artists....but generalizing, NFPs and NTPs use Ne a bit differently.

Si is very important in determining patterns, funnily enough, that's why I'm kind of amused by what you're saying. It's only through Si that a person could even remember and store repetitive patterns with any real degree of accuracy. Ne without Si just floats around exploring possibilities and dreaming things up. That's why they are paired as functions in both NPs and SJs, ideally working somewhat in tandem by around age 25-30 or maybe a bit later for some.

A window to the soul

Yes, I am assuming that Ne doesnt do this and is heavily dependent on a supporting function which it appears that ENxP defaults to recognizing patterns instead of internalizing and digging deeper as an I type would. The pattern is keyed off a thought or feeling. So when I tell an ENTP my thoughts we connect using Ti and he jumps into Ne pattern matching. No Fe is involved IMO. I think that ENTPs for example are better at learning patterns and application, then actually creating patterns. They dont have as much of a vast internal pattern structure as an INTP who would create alot of their own patterns.

Just my opinion
    Ne has such a broad lens in that it's looking for anything (not something specific). Without Ti to support it, Ne would probably look so random and useless to most people; in the way of logical structure. Ti is key in facilitating the development of structure. So after doing a little brainstorming, I agree with you that an ENTP would be better at learning (even troubleshooting) systems, than actually creating them, since the INTP has stronger Ti (in theory).

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Huh? No one is taking offense, and if someone did, it would be their Fi or Fe, not Ne lol.

I see patterns of human behavior in various cultures - which is one of the reasons I kept poking another user who claims the INFP type the other night, perhaps they use a lot more Fi where as I use more Ne, I dunno - but this person wouldn't even step outside of their own cultural experience to question why other humans in different civilizations would have different values. I believe he was in a horrible Fi/Si loop...at any rate, what perfectgirl said is correct, Ne does dig to find differences and possibilities.

It's just a slightly different process for NTPs who are more focused on how things work, and/or rational philosophy, and NFPs who often use their Ne for people purposes or artistic venues. Not that NFPs can't ever be engineers (Elaur is) or NTPs can't be artists....but generalizing, NFPs and NTPs use Ne a bit differently.

Si is very important in determining patterns, funnily enough, that's why I'm kind of amused by what you're saying. It's only through Si that a person could even remember and store repetitive patterns with any real degree of accuracy. Ne without Si just floats around exploring possibilities and dreaming things up. That's why they are paired as functions in both NPs and SJs, ideally working somewhat in tandem by around age 25-30 or maybe a bit later for some.
    I picked up people taking offense because it came across that I was demeaning Ne to the point of useless, when I hold no such opinion and I attempted to make sure it didnt come across that way.

Trying to figure out how to respond...Ti road block in piecing things together based on this response as you just introduced age into the MBTI function puzzle with creates a fuzziness with what "inferior" actually means and basically makes "inferior Si" age related, along with personality related.

A window to the soul

Ne without Si just floats around exploring possibilities and dreaming things up. That's why they are paired as functions in both NPs and SJs, ideally working somewhat in tandem by around age 25-30 or maybe a bit later for some.
    This is an interesting thought. What is it about Si that makes you say this? It's more logical to me that Ti would anchor Ne.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This is an interesting thought. What is it about Si that makes you say this? It's more logical to me that Ti would anchor Ne.
    Ti and Fi will reason out Ne and weigh Ne's credibility according to either Fi ethics or Ti reasoning (or even Fe ethics in the NTPs case or Te reasoning in the NFPs case). The judging functions of course are quite important in determining whether what Ne has collected has any relevancy.

However, Si collects sensory data and stores it in detail. Ne can look back to Si in order to make connections. Both Ne and Si make connections between things, but Si compares to the previous storehouse of experiences and Ne compares to external patterns in the outer world.

Si is a very grounding function, and I think without it Ne doms come across as either reckless or even airheaded. Fortunately this is usually young ENxPs.

A window to the soul

Si is a very grounding function, and I think without it Ne doms come across as either reckless or even airheaded.
    This explains a lot. I'm Si deficient.