User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 113

Thread: Inferior Si.

  1. #71
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    That's essentially all Ne can do. Is look at surface patterns, it's up too Fi/Ti to delve into the patterns and check for authenticity.

  2. #72
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    wait...when do ENTPs pay that much attention to how they feel?
    Ones that are trying to become healthier. Oh and the note feeling (emotions) and values aren't the same thing.

  3. #73
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    That's essentially all Ne can do. Is look at surface patterns, it's up too Fi/Ti to delve into the patterns and check for authenticity.
    But functions aren't used in a vaccuum. It's basically like he was saying that the patterns Ne sees are bullshit.

    That's not right.

  4. #74
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    I reread it and it sounds like he doesn't believe Ne actually exists. If you say that no two situations are identical barring that paradoxically no pattern means that it has a pattern, then Ne and Ni for that matter would be useless because in that instance there would be nothing to connect. People are the obvious kink in this idea.

  5. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    But functions aren't used in a vaccuum. It's basically like he was saying that the patterns Ne sees are bullshit.

    That's not right.
    I was saying that a percieved pattern taken deep enough will never be a pattern. I am saying that a pattern is just the begining to what really is. Nothing in life is exactly identical. So for patterns to work well like it does with ENxPs they have to keep being applied over and over...hence preference to Ne.

  6. #76
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    I was saying that a percieved pattern taken deep enough will never be a pattern. I am saying that a pattern is just the begining to what really is. Nothing in life is exactly identical. So for patterns to work well like it does with ENxPs they have to keep being applied over and over...hence preference to Ne.
    It's because of people who are able to spot patterns in situations or people that seem "unique" to you is why we now have information about mental illness, MBTI types, and the entire psych field in general...not to mention many other findings.

    Just because you don't have it doesn't mean it doesn't work. It just means you're good at different things, and prefering Se that means you prefer to deal with each situation as it comes up. That has it's plusses and minuses, just like Ne has its plusses and minuses.

  7. #77
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    I was saying that a percieved pattern taken deep enough will never be a pattern.
    This would only be true if the pattern was incorrect. A perceived pattern that is correct, no matter how deep will always be connected thus the pattern.

  8. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It's because of people who are able to spot patterns in situations or people that seem "unique" to you is why we now have information about mental illness, MBTI types, and the entire psych field in general...not to mention many other findings.

    Just because you don't have it doesn't mean it doesn't work. It just means you're good at different things, and prefering Se that means you prefer to deal with each situation as it comes up. That has it's plusses and minuses, just like Ne has its plusses and minuses.
    Yes, we have "symptoms". And how many times are problems misdiagnosed based on symptoms. Yes Ne has its plusses and minuses, I was trying to explain how to get past its limitations and delve into Si...but all Ne seems to want to do is argue about it and take offense.

  9. #79
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    IRL there arent any 2 situations that are exactly identical...so dig to find the differences so you can understand instead of chalking it up to a repeatable pattern. Ne would equate to "surface patterns"
    The Ne attitude is not that digging for a specific pattern is important; no, no. The Ne attitude is that digging for anything is intrisically important because no matter what I find, I found something and I'll explore outside of the widely accepted presumptions to do it. How do I know that? I know that because I have extremely high Ne; it's my strongest function by far. I don't necessarily need clearly defined patterns to form a new whole.

    Are you assuming that Ne doesn't dig to find differences? I think this depends on the supporting function.

  10. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    This would only be true if the pattern was incorrect. A perceived pattern that is correct, no matter how deep will always be connected thus the pattern.
    yes, but the deeper you dig, the more you seperate. A simple A vs B pattern becomes A vs B vs C as a new area is found. Then it becomes 4 seperate patterns, then 5, does it ever end?

Similar Threads

  1. [Si] Hoping to get in touch with my Inferior Si
    By Dreamer in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-28-2015, 07:43 AM
  2. [Si] Indication of inferior Si
    By ALL-HAIL-ME in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 05:30 AM
  3. What do Inferior Te + Tertiary Si and Inferior Si + Tertiary Look Like?
    By Savage Idealist in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 03:27 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Improving the ENTP's inferior Si
    By teslashock in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 04:40 AM
  5. [Si] Inferior Si in ENFPs and ENTPs
    By Fuent in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 05:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO