• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Si] Inferior Si.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
I don't know any ENFPs closely, so I can give is perception than knowledge of what truly is. The INFPs I know tend to hold on impressions created by others - whether good or negative - and hold on to them, such that the nature of future interaction with a person will be somewhat settled by these impressions. If a person does something that I disapprove of, more often than not, I'll always relate that back to the person, even if they prove to be a virtuous character - the impression might be in the deepest corner of my mind, but it will still be there. The ENFPs I've met, on the other hand, are less interested in stocking such information (inferior Si?) and - well, it's hard to put my finger on what exactly they do, but - life goes on.

As well, I've noticed that ENFPs tend to be a bit more structured in that they know what they have to accomplish and have an idea of what to do to get there, while INFPs (or maybe just me) wait for the muses to inspire them.

Ah. I can relate to the bolded. Like for example, sometimes I look at my peers and judge them based on what I think is cool or uncool, smart or stupid (like, let's say someone is nice, but does a lot of things typical adolescents do and does nothing but smoke weed; I'd be like, "Yeah, she's nice, but she doesn't seem to have any direction in life or doesn't seem interesting by my standards. So, I wouldn't befriend her.").

Should this make me Fi-dominant? Thanks for elaborating futher BTW. :)

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It's certainly Fi at work, but I don't know if it's Fi-dom or Fi-aux for the reason that I haven't been able to analyze ENFPs as much to say what's going on inside their head. Sorry about that.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It's certainly Fi at work, but I don't know if it's Fi-dom or Fi-aux for the reason that I haven't been able to analyze ENFPs as much to say what's going on inside their heads. Sorry about that.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know any ENFPs closely, so I can give is perception than knowledge of what truly is. The INFPs I know tend to hold on impressions created by others - whether good or negative - and hold on to them, such that the nature of future interaction with a person will be somewhat settled by these impressions. If a person does something that I disapprove of, more often than not, I'll always relate that back to the person, even if they prove to be a virtuous character - the impression might be in the deepest corner of my mind, but it will still be there. The ENFPs I've met, on the other hand, are less interested in stocking such information (inferior Si?) and - well, it's hard to put my finger on what exactly they do, but - life goes on.

As well, I've noticed that ENFPs tend to be a bit more structured in that they know what they have to accomplish and have an idea of what to do to get there, while INFPs (or maybe just me) wait for the muses to inspire them.
I am not even sure what you are trying to say but this description is not something I can relate to at all. It also seems 1-colored.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am not even sure what you are trying to say but this description is not something I can relate to at all. It also seems 1-colored.
I'm also not fully certain what I mean to say, as these are more perceptions (grasped, but not deeply reflected upon) presented by me to make one able to differentiate between the two by perception, not by deep reasoning (because, as I have stated, I have not had the chance to reflect on any ENFPs). So, I don't expect you to fully understand either.

But then again, maybe you're INTP and not INFP (just a proposition, not an opinion) as louiesgonnadie seems to understand what I mean based on an understanding shared by virtue of being the same type (or one close in functions, anyway); or, maybe, neither of us are INFPs.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm also not fully certain what I mean to say, as these are more perceptions (grasped, but not deeply reflected upon) presented by me to make one able to differentiate between the two by perception, not by deep reasoning (because, as I have stated, I have not had the chance to reflect on any ENFPs). So, I don't expect you to fully understand either.

But then again, maybe you're INTP and not INFP (just a proposition, not an opinion) as louiesgonnadie seems to understand what I mean based on an understanding shared by virtue of being the same type (or one close in functions, anyway); or, maybe, neither of us are INFPs.
But you were trying to describe IxFPs and I don't understand your description or relate to it. And I'm fairly certain about being a Jungian Fi-Ne. Your description reeked of Si though and my Si is pretty unconscious. I don't relate to Si in such a sense. Also, louiesgonnadie is most likely an ENFP, not INFP. He seems to relate to everyone and their mother at this point pretty much. Considering the Si-bias in your description though, it makes me wonder if that's just what he related to which is something he would understand better due to unconscious Si than unconscious Te. Had you described unconscious Te it would have been a different matter.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But you were trying to describe IxFPs and I don't understand your description or relate to it. And I'm fairly certain about being a Jungian Fi-Ne. Your description reeked of Si though and my Si is pretty unconscious. I don't relate to Si in such a sense. Also, louiesgonnadie is most likely an ENFP, not INFP. He seems to relate to everyone and their mother at this point pretty much. Considering the Si-bias in your description though, it makes me wonder if that's just what he related to which is something he would understand better due to unconscious Si than unconscious Te. Had you described unconscious Te it would have been a different matter.

Interesting. I understand what you mean now; I think I'm in a stage where Si is starting to come out more and more, relative to the past, though I'm still quite young and I don't rely on it too much. Do you mean to say that I might be Si-dom/aux or that you don't relate to it because your Si is unconcious? Or am I missing the point altogether (which usually happens when I'm tired and can't put one and one together)?

Perhaps I'll describe unconscious Te in the nearby future, as it's getting quite late here.

Edit: Yes, he seems more ENFP to me; that's why I added "(or one close in functions, anyway)".

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting. I understand what you mean now; I think I'm in a stage where Si is starting to come out more and more, relative to the past, though I'm still quite young and I don't rely on it too much. Do you mean to say that I might be Si-dom/aux or that you don't relate to it because your Si is unconcious? Or am I missing the point altogether (which usually happens when I'm tired and can't put one and one together)?

Never implied anything about your function preference but your description sounded more like Si with F than just Fi. How young is young? If anything, as we grow older we are likely to reject the opposite perspectives as our functions become more differentiated.
Edit: Yes, he seems more ENFP to me; that's why I added "(or one close in functions, anyway)".

Yes, too much Ne activity.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry that I didn't respond sooner.

Never implied anything about your function preference but your description sounded more like Si with F than just Fi. How young is young? If anything, as we grow older we are likely to reject the opposite perspectives as our functions become more differentiated.

I see now. I agree that it's Si and Fi together: I was trying to tell louie how I "combine" Si and Fi as he' trying to figure out ENFP vs INFP; I'm sure xNTPs have a different style.

As for my age, let's just say I'm considered a teen; I wouldn't say Si is conscious as Fi and Ne are, but, starting some time last summer, I've come to notice Si "at work" more and more (especially in relation to people) - picking up small details better, instant recall of faces (that I haven't seen much or haven't seen for a long time (years)).

Could you expand on aging and rejection of different perspectives?

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
If anything, as we grow older we are likely to reject the opposite perspectives as our functions become more differentiated.

Can you elaborate on what you mean here, and if this is theory, practice or both?

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sorry to poke my nose in here, but this:

SCREAMS INFJ (or maybe IxFJ) to me. I had no idea INFPs did this as well; they have, to me, always seemed more willing to discard those impressions in light of emerging evidence to the contrary--more "forgiving" maybe. It could just be the appearance of Pe to me, though, more than anything else, and the impressions you're (FPs) are holding on to being effectively hidden from others via your Fi-ness (not that impressions are ever exactly visible to other people, but I guess it just isn't nearly as obvious).

In the past, when I've had little fights, disagreements, whatever with FPs, it was really OVER when it was over; there was none of that residual post-fight awkwardness that I've felt after having had fights with FJs (or any Js, come to think of it) Hmmm.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SCREAMS INFJ (or maybe IxFJ) to me. I had no idea INFPs did this as well; they have, to me, always seemed more willing to discard those impressions in light of emerging evidence to the contrary--more "forgiving" maybe. It could just be the appearance of Pe to me, though, more than anything else, and the impressions you're (FPs) are holding on to being effectively hidden from others via your Fi-ness (not that impressions are ever exactly visible to other people, but I guess it just isn't nearly as obvious).

In the past, when I've had little fights, disagreements, whatever with FPs, it was really OVER when it was over; there was none of that residual post-fight awkwardness that I've felt after having had fights with FJs (or any Js, come to think of it) Hmmm.

Hm...it also depends on the strength of the impression - plenty of things just aren't worth keeping in mind all the time. Usually, I don't tell people about some of the things I remember about them, and usually I don't really care for small details regarding their behaviour - if it's a matter of character, then we're dealing with something else - and put it behind me (or, better put, lock it in the deepest dungeon), but if the moment is fit, I'll pull out the memory again.

As for fights, I usually try to truly get it over with - especially if it was only a trivial matter - but if the other person is arrogant and wishes to hold on to what happened, then I'll just fume a bit, and ignore them from then on (unless I see a change in behaviour, but even then I'll keep my distance more than before).

tanstaafl28

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
Even though I'm a Ne Dom, and a Si inferior, I seem to do better with Se. I don't know why.