First 45678 Last

Thread: Inferior Si.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Use S(i) to anticipate others resistance to your ideas, then use N(i) to find a path around the likely opposition. Use N(e) to create the solution, use S(i) to sense and expect the counter arguments.
    The MBTI types me as an INFP, however, SOCIONICS calls me an Logical Intuitive Extram (called an ENTj in our terms.)

ReflecTcelfeR

Is one of those suppose to be Se? The last one sounds like it would be. I know the usage for the most part it's more about how you cope with the Sensing aspect of the functions in the inferior seat. Insights?

edit

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Mt heart just skipped a beat. Is that Si?

What about a headache? Si?

ReflecTcelfeR

I suppose silicon could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I can't tell if I've had this idea before or if it's new
    Heh...I know that this statement was a precursor to something else (and a good point, I might add), but it struck up something I've often had a problem with. Sometimes (unconsciously) Ne will skip over information that I've heard before, chucking it aside as obsolete because it can't add anything new to my giant Ti database. This produces an odd ghost-like phenomenon, because yes, that information might have been relevant, but it's like I can't access that file and there's this weird missing piece to my puzzle that I can't quite place (and it'll start to irk me). Then when I think about it a lot, it'll pop into relevance and I'll be kicking myself for how "simple" the solution was.

What I realise is that, even though I am clever and intelligent, it's really only about things that are new - things that I am learning. When it comes to things I've already learned and are long established, I can be quite slow and seemingly naive ("unpractical").

And I think about growing older and how important (and perhaps natural) the development of my inferior Si will become. There will get to be a point where "new" won't be quite so abundant as it is now at 20 and I'll need the past information to keep me sane and still interested in life.

I have no idea how to go about developing that Si, but I'll just assume it gets stronger as I get older and wiser. :rolli:

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I suppose silicon could do that.
    Haha, when I first read this thread title I thought "man, inferior silicone would make cooking a fucking mess."

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Heh...I know that this statement was a precursor to something else (and a good point, I might add), but it struck up something I've often had a problem with. Sometimes (unconsciously) Ne will skip over information that I've heard before, chucking it aside as obsolete because it can't add anything new to my giant Ti database. This produces an odd ghost-like phenomenon, because yes, that information might have been relevant, but it's like I can't access that file and there's this weird missing piece to my puzzle that I can't quite place (and it'll start to irk me). Then when I think about it a lot, it'll pop into relevance and I'll be kicking myself for how "simple" the solution was.

What I realise is that, even though I am clever and intelligent, it's really only about things that are new - things that I am learning. When it comes to things I've already learned and are long established, I can be quite slow and seemingly naive ("unpractical").

And I think about growing older and how important (and perhaps natural) the development of my inferior Si will become. There will get to be a point where "new" won't be quite so abundant as it is now at 20 and I'll need the past information to keep me sane and still interested in life.

I have no idea how to go about developing that Si, but I'll just assume it gets stronger as I get older and wiser. :rolli:

This might be the key. My ENTP coworker is quick to want to skip over or dismiss something that has been discussed before. Maybe that's the resistance to Si- not a lack of confidence, but an unwillingness to listen to it because the the real answer is in what's yet to come (Ne) as opposed to what's happened already. So to develop it may be to pay closer attention to instances where your mind is feeding you blasts from the past. Doesn't mean you have to listen. At least consider it.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    This might be the key. My ENTP coworker is quick to want to skip over or dismiss something that has been discussed before. Maybe that's the resistance to Si- not a lack of confidence, but an unwillingness to listen to it because the the real answer is in what's yet to come (Ne) as opposed to what's happened already. So to develop it may be to pay closer attention to instances where your mind is feeding you blasts from the past. Doesn't mean you have to listen. At least consider it.

To ENxP: Dont be afraid to repeat past patterns...you might find something different

ReflecTcelfeR

^ That seems to be my biggest problem though. I look through the past hoping to find something new, but I don't have new experiences to take back to the past to understand it better, because I'm trying to figure out the past.