User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Inferior Si.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I suppose that's what causes the appearance of security. You don't 'shake things up' until you've got a firm hold on the situation. Is your Ne usually always directed towards a task, you aren't likely to just come up with ideas on a wimb are you?
    I'm at my best with Ne with tasks. They have some level of predicatability and the variances usually aren't that extreme that I would be totally thrown off. Any totally unexpected variences may bring up some thoughts about what I'm doing, if it's right, should I put an end to this, etc. but I usually fight through them, because in the end it's really not a big deal. Money matters are usually like this. I won't have a certain price in mind when I'm buying something, but if the cost appears to be too much I might have a bunch of questions going through my mind. Sometimes if the price is too little I wonder if they are trying to burn me or it's a fake. In the end though I'm fine, it's just the process I go through. Ne's just not my strength. I welcome it, but it makes me nervous LOL.

People are different. You can't predict them, so I try to figure people and situations out prior to making a decision (feelings again!) My ENTP friend and brother always tell me to stop analyzing relationships so much, and to just go with it, take risks, etc. The comfort will come with practice, I guess. That's why I couldn't have an SJ girl, that blindspot in both of us would have me miserable.

ReflecTcelfeR

So the Ne is like your cynic? Where as Si should be my cynic. It would show us, in your instance, how you could get burned and in my instance how I have been burned, but I don't treat it as cynic. A very connotative word, but I think it's proper. We are cynical about that function because we don't trust it, but we are cynical about our ideas because we don't trust them. We don't trust other people so we use what we don't trust in order to analyze them. Just brainstorming now. Stress would cause mistrust, or an adversion which also inspires us to go into our more reactive functions, closer to the subconscious. Our goal is to trust ourselves and the decisions we make so as we don't have to be cynical, this is to say that cynisism is illogical, which it isn't if it helps self-preservation. Self-preservation is above all. Introverted Sensing wins most of the time.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    So the Ne is like your cynic? Where as Si should be my cynic. It would show us, in your instance, how you could get burned and in my instance how I have been burned, but I don't treat it as cynic. A very connotative word, but I think it's proper. We are cynical about that function because we don't trust it, but we are cynical about our ideas because we don't trust them. We don't trust other people so we use what we don't trust in order to analyze them. Just brainstorming now. Stress would cause mistrust, or an adversion which also inspires us to go into our more reactive functions, closer to the subconscious. Our goal is to trust ourselves and the decisions we make so as we don't have to be cynical, this is to say that cynisism is illogical, which it isn't if it helps self-preservation. Self-preservation is above all. Introverted Sensing wins most of the time.
    Yeah that could be it....but could everyone's inferior operate like that- it operates cynically, or is it just so far removed or we are so less skilled at it that we just don't know how to use it, or even to identify when we are using it? I'm thinking that perceiving functions could be a trust issue but could judging functions be just as cynical? Just questioning.

In the end I want to get better with it, I think it makes life a lot more enjoyable, but it's crazy how much your primary affects a lot of what you do on a daily basis, consciously and subconsciously.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I frequently engage in Fi-Si loops, oftentimes these have a twinge of sadness, frustration, or anger to them, but these Fi-Si loops are what keep me anchored to what I care about, what really matters.

All in all, I don't even view my Si as being fourth in place, if that makes sense.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

ReflecTcelfeR

Do you ever feel trapped by them Silly?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Not trapped, but caught up, I get into these modes/moods where I can't get out until something, or someone snaps me out of it.

I like to remember things, places, feelings, people, moments and relive them in my head.

What went wrong, what went right, what if...

You know?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think my Fi-Si loops look embarrassingly a lot like romanticizing aspects of mountain culture that the adult me knows better that I've repeatedly run from.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Not trapped, but caught up, I get into these modes/moods where I can't get out until something, or someone snaps me out of it.

I like to remember things, places, feeling, people, moments and relive them in my head.

What went wrong, what went right, what if...

You know?
    Yeah, I do know.

ReflecTcelfeR

That does sound familiar. I usually try to figure out why something went the way it did and then... *THOUGHT* It's a realization. That would seem to be why I seem to get stuck in the past. I can't tell if I've had this idea before or if it's new, but I'm about to personify - If Ne uses itself in the Si, nothing new can actually be known or found like that because it truly only happened once and Ti can try it's best to logically deduct from your "what if's", but it can never be sure. So having too much confidence in Fi/Ti and it's ability to reason what didn't happen can delude you and keep you from trying something now in order to actually get the concrete information it needs.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Guest: "Oh god this is boring,
    every day the same,
    never something exciting happens,
    life's so endlessly boring...."

Waitress:"Yes, you are right. What do you want to drink ?"

Guest: "Errrmm... the usual"

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRt0mEXWNuM"][/youtube]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]