User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Inferior Si.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It isn't even somewhere down the line. I'll remember it right away. If the only memory I have a restaurant (a place to eat) is that the food was bad, then of course I'm going to make a judgement of the restaurant based on that.

See - this is where this S/N stuff gets tricky. We all have eyes, we all walk and do physical things like drive cars or exercise or listen to music.

The difference is kind of like what you were talking about to me one time on my wall, where you remember every little thing in detail, like exactly where you were when you were driving while listening to a particular tape. You were able to tell me about positions of your car, etc.

To me that kind of memory would be more vague.
    It has to be about usage.

And after thinking about it, an external function is much easier to control than an internal. I can override my Si and think Ne much easier than you could do the reverse.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    This may exemplify my issue better. My issue is that Ne/Fe will wish to give it another chance every single time so as nothing is missed, when Ti should just swoop in and bring a conclusion not to go there, it is about my Ti (damn, I'm not as critical as I should be, as much as I must be. Wouldn't that make me cynical, or is that such a horrible thing to be?).
    You could be stuck in a NeFe loop....

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yeah pay attention to detail. That's why I suggested grammar and spelling as well as doing actual physical work which requires attention to detail. I guess we could lump accounting in with that.

Instead of working on personal or emotional memory - which you appear to have a strong grasp on, as do I - literally do memory games where you have to memorize impersonal things and match them or something.
    That sounds so boring LOL.

I guess for a Ne tert/inf we would play "Think of the possibilities"?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    It has to be about usage.

And after thinking about it, an external function is much easier to control than an internal. I can override my Si and think Ne much easier than you could do the reverse.
    No, we both still have to concentrate to make it happen.

If I don't care about Si - meaning I know I can drive on autopilot and think about other things, and frequently don't give a shit about what's going on around me in the physical environment - I'm not going to use it strongly. I'm using Si to a degree to get from point A to point B, but not with any heightened sensory awareness.

Your heightened sensory awareness gives you more detailed memory.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

P.S. This is part of the reason I don't drive, and when I cross the street or something as a pedestrian I shift to a state of heightened Se alert.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    You could be stuck in a NeFe loop....
    Yep, I could easily see that being the case. In the process of working that out. I think it's funny that my problem is always Fe.

And Marm that's what I usually do when I'm driving. I pay just enough attention as not to die, but beyond that I am nowhere in the vicinity of my body.

MBTI
    ENTP

Guesswho, were you inspired to do those excercises on your own or did someone suggest that it might help with your memory, or Si function?
    I asked a doctor if my attention and memory will be retarded for the rest of my life ( I was very pissed about that) and he suggested that I should do different exercises involving cubes colors and other stupid shit, and also make mental lists of stuff so that I don't lose my shit all the time, and know I live on planet Earth.
    The mental lists helped, most of the time when I leave the house I check to see if I have everything, sometimes it helps, sometimes I remember I forgot something when I am already at 500 meters away.
    But the attention exercises did not help. No matter how much I try, I still have a retarded memory attention. Compared to most of my friends I take the number 1 spot.

I don't know if that is exactly Si related, but the sensing function also manifests itself by sensing your surroundings.

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm, the mental list does seem like a good way to concentrate on creating a constant, similiar feeling, the attention seems more Se, which is just as low as the Introverted Sensing.

MBTI
    ENTP

It's frustrating being senso retarded.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hm, the mental list does seem like a good way to concentrate on creating a constant, similiar feeling, the attention seems more Se, which is just as low as the Introverted Sensing.
    Interesting. My Se is average while my Si is my lowest, according to functions tests, but Si still makes more sense to me and I don't know why.

I noticed that a lot of ENFPs and ENTPs actually had decent Se, so it might just be the way the questions are worded.