Thread: Inferior Si.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Play memory games. Iz "association game" might not work as well for Ne doms, because we'd be more tempted to use Ne instead.

Work at a corporate shit job that requires attention to detail.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Thats interesting...the connections I make are very(extremely) shallow compared to you in regard to where it takes me.

IMO Se is probably the least understood function around here. Where does it take you- let's say you had the same car memory?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh, another suggestion I have is to pay attention to your grammar and spelling...I think this is one of the ways I use Si...by correcting and editing my own typing and also correcting others.

I've been told that by focusing too much on memories, especially personal memories, this isn't really necessarily using Si. Or it's using Si through the filter of an F function.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Play memory games. Iz "association game" might not work as well for Ne doms, because we'd be more tempted to use Ne instead.

Work at a corporate shit job that requires attention to detail.
    I think you may have a point. Put yourself in a situation where you are forced to pay more attention to detail.

I know I got more comfortable with my Ne by working in an area where we are encouraged and rewarded to look at things from fresh perspective and implementing initiatives that are more big pictured in nature.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oh, another suggestion I have is to pay attention to your grammar and spelling...I think this is one of the ways I use Si...by correcting and editing my own typing and also correcting others.

I've been told that by focusing too much on memories, especially personal memories, this isn't really necessarily using Si. Or it's using Si through the filter of an F function.
    How about reliance on what associations come to mind when you are problem solving? An example: the last time I went to X restaurant, immediate Si tells me the food sucked. Later on, Ne tells me that we'll have a good time. Will somewhere down the line (Ne dom/aux) you recall that your food was nasty as a secondary thought?

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm, I have to find something that requires attention to detail? I suppose it would, as it does, automatically sound somewhat boring to me, but I'll think of some ways to make it more lively.

Yeah, when I say memory, I suppose I mean remembering, not so much the specificity of the remembering just having something that you concretely remember at all and not forgetting about it and then thinking that you had a new realization when you could've looked in your trunk and see that you had already had the realization.

Marm, I think you nailed it with the Si through the Fe lens (my instance at least). I'm relying too much on inferior functions. I know they're inferior because they've caused me more grief and I don't seem to control them, or 'use' them as easily as Ne and Ti. My life is too stagnant!I need new things to analyze.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    How about reliance on what associations come to mind when you are problem solving? Like the last time I went to that restaurant, Si tells me the food sucked. Ni tells me that We'll have a good time. Will somewhere down the line (Ne dom/aux) you recall that your food was nasty?
    It isn't even somewhere down the line. I'll remember it right away. If the only memory I have a restaurant (a place to eat) is that the food was bad, then of course I'm going to make a judgement of the restaurant based on that.

See - this is where this S/N stuff gets tricky. We all have eyes, we all walk and do physical things like drive cars or exercise or listen to music.

The difference is kind of like what you were talking about to me one time on my wall, where you remember every little thing in detail, like exactly where you were when you were driving while listening to a particular tape. You were able to tell me about positions of your car, etc.

To me that kind of memory would be more vague.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Will somewhere down the line (Ne dom/aux) you recall that your food was nasty as a secondary thought?
    This may exemplify my issue better. My issue is that Ne/Fe will wish to give it another chance every single time so as nothing is missed, when Ti should just swoop in and bring a conclusion not to go there, it is about my Ti (damn, I'm not as critical as I should be, as much as I must be. Wouldn't that make me cynical, or is that such a horrible thing to be?).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Hm, I have to find something that requires attention to detail? I suppose it would, as it does, automatically sound somewhat boring to me, but I'll think of some ways to make it more lively.

Yeah, when I say memory, I suppose I mean remembering, not so much the specificity of the remembering just having something that you concretely remember at all and not forgetting about it and then thinking that you had a new realization when you could've looked in your trunk and see that you had already had the realization.

Marm, I think you nailed it with the Si through the Fe lens (my instance at least). I'm relying too much on inferior functions. I know they're inferior because they've caused me more grief and I don't seem to control them, or 'use' them as easily as Ne and Ti. My life is too stagnant!I need new things to analyze.
    Yeah pay attention to detail. That's why I suggested grammar and spelling as well as doing actual physical work which requires attention to detail. I guess we could lump accounting in with that.

Instead of working on personal or emotional memory - which you appear to have a strong grasp on, as do I - literally do memory games where you have to memorize impersonal things and match them or something.

ReflecTcelfeR

I think accounting might be the way to go. I never seem to do that with myself. I currently don't know how much money I have in the bank, always such a wonderful feeling! It's so boring. I have sudoku puzzles. I should find motivation to do those!