MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    This explains a lot. I'm Si deficient.
    S'okay. I remember dumb ISTP boys in high school who ended up dropping out calling me "stupid" and "airheaded" but I made better grades than they did, was in advanced classes, and had a 3.9 GPA in college.

My ESFJ ex also saw my Ne dominance as this strangely retarded thing about me though he would tell me how much he admired my intelligence, I think he considered me an idiot savant. I can tell you honestly I think the same of him.

I was also talking to my therapist a few weeks ago about how reckless I was as a younger woman, and she said, "well that's partly just because of youth, not because something is wrong with you."

So take heart.

A window to the soul

After doing some research, I want to break this down in simple terms for the novice:

Ne - No anchors, adapts to change; seeks to explore the unknown
    Si - Firmly anchors, resists change; seeks to avoid the unknown

So for Si folks, perceptions are anchored firmly in what they already know.

Inferior Si
    • Feelings of nostalgia
    • May see negative eternal images in people/situations that will not change (seeing isolated incidents as the whole).

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I've been trying to pay attention to how certain stimuli make me feel (i.e. what they remind me of, what emotions/memories they evoke) and I end up getting stuck in the analysis of how I feel, which then takes me out of the actual moment propelling me further from the present. Perhaps I am trying to hard, it wouldn't be the first time (zing?).
    If you take the time to figure out your feelings on past stimuli, You'll prepare yourself to better handle and deal with that stimuli ( or avoid it ) so that the past is not repeated.
    Seems that without proper Si, your chances of repeating past mistakes is higher.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    But functions aren't used in a vaccuum. It's basically like he was saying that the patterns Ne sees are bullshit.

That's not right.
    It is. Within all the 'possibilities' some have to fall out as worthless and even stupid. Without Si, your possibilities can indeed produce a similar result.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    If you take the time to figure out your feelings on past stimuli, You'll prepare yourself to better handle and deal with that stimuli ( or avoid it ) so that the past is not repeated.
    Seems that without proper Si, your chances of repeating past mistakes is higher.
    I figure out my feelings based on not only past stimuli, but past situations. Growing up I never had enough real "stimuli" to have to try to control them. I didnt get stuck in that back and forth extreme with stimuli. Something I am working right now so I can deal with them. The way my personality is, I have a round about method of dealing with that strong stimuli instead of avoiding it. Now my son does get stuck in that stimuli and I get him wound up way to much playing with him to the point where I cant get him to slow down. He lacks control of that playfulness in that area.

ISTJs are STIMULATION NAZIS!!!!!!! j/k....kinda...its half true, but not completely

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    It is. Within all the 'possibilities' some have to fall out as worthless and even stupid. Without Si, your possibilities can indeed produce a similar result.
    To Ni they are not bullshit, they are expansive. Its like stimulation, just as Se is stimulation to Si. It doesnt seem to work the other way around though, atleast not in the manner I used stimulation. Need more refining on this this.

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

Here are some possible examples I have that could be low Si:

When I am at the store, often I will get paranoid if the amount of money I have is close to something I will be spending it on (let's say I am buying something that is $3.83 and I have $4) I have to factor in the tax, and get paranoid that I may not have enough money to reach the final total. So I end up not buying the item, and buy something else that is, say, close to a dollar lower.

Once, in the shower, I was drinking soda and doing a lot of thinking, which stimulates me. My heart started beating fast, and got slightly heavy, and I felt like I was going to have a panic attack.

Also, I do spawn abstract impressions of my environment due to Ne + Si at work. Ever since I was a kid, (mainly in the dark) I would interpret mysterious noises and details, or things that looked off to me, as creepy or weird, and become somewhat obsessive and really intimidated. For example: I was always afraid to see my reflection in the dark, for it looked sketchy. Then again, part of this is to blame since I had a dream when I was 4 about looking at a blank TV screen in the dark, and all of a sudden, a ghost appeared on the screen and threatened me.

Could all of this point to inferior or poorly developed Si? I'm trying to figure out if I'm INFP or ENFP so this might help me.
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    Here are some possible examples I have that could be low Si:
    I've had similar situations in the past, but I don't think ENFP and INFP can be differentiated best by looking at Si and Te: you need to go to the dominant functions, and that's where you'll see the change. I think INFPs tend to be a bit more rigid with Fi shifting more slowly and it can be held together by Si quite a bit; ENFPs will be more adaptable. However, I'm not too familiar with either type in the day to day, so my answer might not be the best.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Thanks. Do you think that the answer to an ENFP/ENTP that is momentarily suffering from anxiety (ie. *cof*cof* me) is to control/eliminate Si? Or maybe actually the opposite?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    After doing some research, I want to break this down in simple terms for the novice:

Ne - No anchors, adapts to change; seeks to explore the unknown
    Si - Firmly anchors, resists change; seeks to avoid the unknown

So for Si folks, perceptions are anchored firmly in what they already know.

Inferior Si
    • Feelings of nostalgia
    • May see negative eternal images in people/situations that will not change (seeing isolated incidents as the whole).

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    I've had similar situations in the past, but I don't think ENFP and INFP can be differentiated best by looking at Si and Te: you need to go to the dominant functions, and that's where you'll see the change. I think INFPs tend to be a bit more rigid with Fi shifting more slowly and it can be held together by Si quite a bit; ENFPs will be more adaptable. However, I'm not too familiar with either type in the day to day, so my answer might not be the best.
    Go into detail how you think Fi-doms are "rigid" with their dominant function. Give some concrete examples of how this might manifest in you as well.

Personally for me, I just hopped on the Fi train very recently, after thinking for about two months that I was an INTP or ISTP (Ti-dom). I don't really have any strong values so I am always accepting of logic and strive to be a more rational person, but I definitely feel like I have Fi at least in my auxiliary. Problem differentiating the I/E is that I can relate to some inferior Te as well, in terms of bursts of self deprecation and judging others in a negative light when I am pissed off.
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    Go into detail how you think Fi-doms are "rigid" with their dominant function. Give some concrete examples of how this might manifest in you as well.
    I don't know any ENFPs closely, so I can give is perception than knowledge of what truly is. The INFPs I know tend to hold on impressions created by others - whether good or negative - and hold on to them, such that the nature of future interaction with a person will be somewhat settled by these impressions. If a person does something that I disapprove of, more often than not, I'll always relate that back to the person, even if they prove to be a virtuous character - the impression might be in the deepest corner of my mind, but it will still be there. The ENFPs I've met, on the other hand, are less interested in stocking such information (inferior Si?) and - well, it's hard to put my finger on what exactly they do, but - life goes on.

As well, I've noticed that ENFPs tend to be a bit more structured in that they know what they have to accomplish and have an idea of what to do to get there, while INFPs (or maybe just me) wait for the muses to inspire them.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer