• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs; Inferior Se; And Horrible Taste in Automobiles...

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I like the way Land Rovers look, I like the safari thing.

I admit I don't know much about cars, and if I met a dude who had a suzuki, I think it would be all kinds of awesome.

I love motorcycles, so, what of it.

Also, what's so wrong in finding a man sexy who is actually confident, who doesn't need silly props to proclaim his manhood!!!

Strip the man of his luxurious toys, then what do you have left?

If you have a man who knows nothing, can do nothing, then you have a farce of a man.

I'd rather be with a brilliant hobo than be with a wealthy idiot.

Dang Z you gonna let her talk about you like that? :ninja:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Dang Z you gonna let her talk about you like that? :ninja:

I am with Z because of who he is, not what he owns.

Z is sexy with or without toys, with or without luxurious refinement, in fact, I think I'd like him even more if he was more earthy.

Z, along with many other INTJs I'd presume have a ridiculously fine palate.

Finer than I prefer, or care about.

I don't see how anything I am proclaiming in this thread is dogging on Z.

If anything, it shows how much of a truly outstanding human being he is, otherwise I wouldn't be with his ass.

So, suck it.

:smooch:

Nicodemus

I don't care about looks, just don't smell vile.

I don't care about money, just know how to get by.

WTF am I gonna do with a young boy?!!? Except, perhaps be some kind of mentor or mother?!!?

This man that you speak of is mentally retarded.
"No, you don't feel it now. Some day, when you are old and wrinkled and ugly, when thought has seared your forehead with its lines, and passion branded your lips with its hideous fires, you will feel it, you will feel it terribly. Now, wherever you go, you charm the world. Will it always be so? ... You have a wonderfully beautiful face, Mr. Gray. Don't frown. You have. And beauty is a form of genius--is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation. It is of the great facts of the world, like sunlight, or spring-time, or the reflection in dark waters of that silver shell we call the moon. It cannot be questioned. It has its divine right of sovereignty. It makes princes of those who have it. [...]"

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I am with Z because of who he is, not what he owns.

Z is sexy with or without toys, with or without luxurious refinement, in fact, I think I'd like him even more if he was more earthy.

Z, along with many other INTJs I'd presume have a ridiculously fine palate.

Finer than I prefer, or care about.

I don't see how anything I am proclaiming in this thread is dogging on Z.

If anything, it shows how much of a truly outstanding human being he is, otherwise I wouldn't be with his ass.

So, suck it.

:smooch:

Nice save ;)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think another reason why I "hate" sports cars is due to the way they are "celebrated" in dick flicks, a dick flick is not a proper dick flick unless there is some ludicrously lavish sports car and some ludicrously ludicrous chase scene.

I don't like men thinking they're James Bond when in fact they are nothing more than cubicle hens.

What are you gonna do with your really expensive, fast car?

Sit in bumper to bumper traffic, go to work, pick up the kids?

What a waste, if you have a car that was built to do something it should be used as such, otherwise it goes to waste.

Silly ENFP. Don't mess around with our pretending.

We take corners really fast. That's something.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM6I6aVRjiU"]Goldfinger[/YOUTUBE]

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
"No, you don't feel it now. Some day, when you are old and wrinkled and ugly, when thought has seared your forehead with its lines, and passion branded your lips with its hideous fires, you will feel it, you will feel it terribly. Now, wherever you go, you charm the world. Will it always be so? ... You have a wonderfully beautiful face, Mr. Gray. Don't frown. You have. And beauty is a form of genius--is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation. It is of the great facts of the world, like sunlight, or spring-time, or the reflection in dark waters of that silver shell we call the moon. It cannot be questioned. It has its divine right of sovereignty. It makes princes of those who have it. [...]"
Oy, that's a lesson that most people need to learn, sadly.

But, I have seen the darker, grittier side to nature.

Shallow beauty holds very little weight in the grand scheme of things.

How presumptuous and egotistical for man to view sexual beauty as beautiful as geographical beauty.

It is not the face we find beautiful but the soul that animates it.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
It baffles my mind, it transcends types, even cultures.

Every man dreams to be James Bond.

:doh:

I get it, but I don't at the same time.

It's just so very predictable.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U18VkI0uDxE"]:heart:[/YOUTUBE]

Hadda go there.

:yes:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think you are using beauty in a metaphorical sense here, confusing it with likability.
What is beauty?

Things embody it, encapsulate it, but beauty is transcendent, hence it lends itself to metaphor.

Beauty is God, is Love, is Life, is Suffering, is Truth.

I am not confusing beauty with likability, no.

Nicodemus

Okay, now I see that you are just using it in another (metaphorical) way than it was meant.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
That passage you quoted was good, honest, and cynical.

It's as if the speaker is telling Mr. Gray that all he has is something that will fade and that he won't even recognize the merits of what he has until it shrivels/whithers away.

Nicodemus

That passage you quoted was good, honest, and cynical.

It's as if the speaker is telling Mr. Gray that all he has is something that will fade and that he won't even recognize the merits of what he has until it shrivels/whithers away.
Therefore Mr. Gray, thus convinced, decides that instead of himself a picture should suffer the anguish of his life.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
This conversation is getting all too heavy.

I like to think that true beauty triumphs over father time, and aunt gravity.

Just sayin'.

Nicodemus

I like to think that true beauty triumphs over father time, and aunt gravity.

Just sayin'.
But you are not talking about the physical beauty of the human face; or you are, again, using a rather idiosyncratic concept of beauty.

This conversation is getting all too heavy.
The semblance is deceiving. You should read the book, though. It is very beautiful.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think beauty is ever stagnant.

Though a moment can be beautiful, or even a thing, a simple object, what makes it beautiful is a dynamic force *behind* it.

A smile can be beautiful because of what it radiates.

But who finds a fake plastic smile beautiful???

I'd argue that no one does.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I like the concept of the Uncanny Valley because I have experienced this particular deep emotional response to the seemingly perfect appearance of something that is not at all what it appears to be.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
What about the smile of an animated character?
Last night I was watching the Ghost in the Shell and the lifelessness of the animated characters really creeped me out.

I enjoy good animated stuff, and yes, I do think beauty can be manifested in human scribblings, i.e. I believe that a painting can be beautiful, but it is representational, if that makes sense.

:)