• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs; Inferior Se; And Horrible Taste in Automobiles...

sculpting

ENFPs; Inferior Si running rampant and painting 'Feature walls' in the lounge, buying clothes that don't match the others you have in your wardrobe and other stories.

I'd say it is more like eating in the same restaurant over and over again and getting pissy if someone makes you try something you dont think you'll like. Hmm, I'd always assumed it was Ne which made me paint the walls crazy colors and like shiny sparkly mismatched things....how would Si does this?

Perhaps people should consider the possibility that some people buy certain cars because they authentically desire and appreciate them.

Believe it or not, authenticity is important to other people too; some people just have different tastes to be authentic to.

So, hmmm, maybe a bit of explanation. A lesson I learned pretty young-perhaps 20, was not to Fi value dump at other people. Ne will make us pop off at the mouth without thinking and then we share our Fi stuff. However just because we share doesnt mean we are condemning others or that we expect others to change their mind-we are sort of just ranting I suppose. As we get wrinkly, we learn nobody wants to hear this stuff or they get offended so we learn to not value dump externally. However the more relaxed and comfy we are-the more likely those barriers will drop a bit and we will share the on-the-fly Fi values. Sort of knee jerk Fi. If you see this-it means we trust you and are sharing in a relaxed way-so before taking a value judgment of this sort to heart-often a more in depth discussion is a good thing to have perhaps? I suspect symmetrically, that the more of the on-the-fly Ti stuff you see, the more a Ti user trusts you.

So you are seeing one aspect of Fi-not the totality of the person's judgments or how they would apply them in whole to a person. Fi stuff is..nonlinear. So I have a value that says to be authentic, but I have a value that says that other people should be given the freedom to be authentic-whatever that is for them. I recall once interviewing with an ESTJ lady who had bleached her teeth to the point of translucency, drove a BMW, and bleached her hair until it was crystalline blond. My gut response was to be taken aback, but almost immediately it was paired with-"She seems to be happy", and "People will be people, humor" and "people have a right to be what they want to be". Fi is messy stuff I figure.

Ummy mentioned short term Fi vs long term Fi-the short term stuff is very liquid-but the long term stuff very deep...I dunno.

Yeah, I think understand, though. It probably comes from shadow Si... instead of embracing the standards, you turn them upside down, but you've still internalized them just the same.

I've always noticed this phenomenon, that there are people out there who conform by not conforming, and think that they're more "authentic" and "real" for doing precisely the opposite of what "normal" people do. When in reality, if you do that, you're still chained to the standards, and not thinking for yourself. Because if you thought for yourself, you would find that you actually agreed with some of the standards. Popular taste may not always be good, but it seems to be the greater error to assume it's always bad. Basically, NPs (especially ENPs) have trouble seeing any good in Si and Je.

Athenian-as an aside your insights are really quite insightful and thought provoking. Thank you for taking the time to contribute them.

I suspect you are very correct-this was noticable strongly when I was quite young-under 20. There was something very odd-I wanted to be appreciated for what I REALLY was, not what I looked like externally. Young ENPs also rebel strongly against authority in our own ways...I very much like the idea that we are fighting with our own JeSi as they are still shadows at that point.

So anyway if you study MBTI at all, you'll be aware for instance that different types tend to buy in different ways.

INTPs require data to be convinced then will skeptically try the new thing if it helps in their Ti quest.

ENTPs are actually easy as they will buy bright new shiny things just because they are new and shiny. "product X can do this task 4X faster and collect a zillion data points in under an hour. Plus it's BIGGER and SHINIER and also, that other entp kid down the block just got one...;)" My fellow enfps almost feel bad as we totally sold them something they didnt even need at twice the price-but they wanted it cause it was NEW and IMPROVED and SHINY!!!!!....we feel kinda dirty but like getting a paycheck.

INFJs get offended when you obsolete their product and Fe doorslam you (It wasnt my fault Ms INFJ...please dont hate me??? You seemed so nice before....)

ENFPs leave hateful phone messages and emails saying "THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!! ROAR!!!!", but then totally are chill on the phone convos when you give 'em free shit and justify the new thing as being BETTER (ie helps people) and CHEAPER (ie baby estj).

INTJs only want to buy NEW and IMPROVED shit that is REALLY DAMNED EFFECTIVE (and shiny). INTJs also like to point out inefficiencies in communication at your company which disrupt completion of their plans-in the middle of a presentation with 50 people in attendance (yes Mr INTJ, I know we are a clueless company, please torture me some more about it, thanks! *smiles painfully*)

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I'd say it is more like eating in the same restaurant over and over again and getting pissy if someone makes you try something you dont think you'll like. Hmm, I'd always assumed it was Ne which made me paint the walls crazy colors and like shiny sparkly mismatched things....how would Si does this?

Yes, we get you like purple... and then you apply it to make the environment justifies the 'feminine enough... but not red thing' externally... but this much?

DSC02465.JPG

Couldn't we just buy you a nice pair of purple heels that we could both enjoy? Si-Se Animus/Anima works together sometimes.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i protest this thread's sentiment as representative of ENFPs :thumbdown:

i've grown up in a family that's into cars, i drive fast and i drive well, and i sure as hell appreciate some "flashy" sports cars.

Zarathustra said:
Perhaps people should consider the possibility that some people buy certain cars because they authentically desire and appreciate them.

Believe it or not, authenticity is important to other people too; some people just have different tastes to be authentic to.

yup

i do understand the argument of not liking when people buy things just to show off their wealth... i don't think it's fair to apply that just to NTJs or sports cars, though. there are a lot of weird ways people show off, and it's not only their wealth that they show off, either. i know some NFs who are particularly obnoxious about needing to prove themselves to the world.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
BatmobileTimeline-thumb-550x8226-54843.jpg

One must conclude, therefore, that Batman is a douche.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, we get you like purple... and then you apply it to make the environment justifies the 'feminine enough... but not red thing' externally... but this much?

DSC02465.JPG

Couldn't we just buy you a nice pair of purple heels that we could both enjoy? Si-Se Animus/Anima works together sometimes.

Projecting(informing...lol) patterns they see onto(letting them know) others...comes across as know it all(inferior Si);) ESTJ?

I'd say it is more like eating in the same restaurant over and over again and getting pissy if someone makes you try something you dont think you'll like.

This sounds like unhealthy IxTJ.

sculpting

Guilty!! But my entp helped the worst time when we painted the kitchen red, pick and salmon. The ISTP came home and said we would all lose weight as we would be afraid to enter the kitchen. It was a captain kitchen-it was like the walls were caving in on you....

But now my walls are green, dark red and my doors are all blue. It is very pretty. However the baby INTJ was very displeased when I painted over the bright orange walls-"Mommy, you made the orange walls go away. Why did you have to change the walls mommy? The walls were nice the way they were before..."

He also got mad when I sliced his hot dog in down the middle last night. I explained i didnt want him to choke. He took it to the table then promptly presented me the bowl with the hot dog broken into two pieces and said sternly "We cant be friends anymore" than walked away .....The broken hot dog was symbolic of our estrangement.....alas.

sculpting

Projecting(informing...lol) patterns they see onto(letting them know) others...comes across as know it all(inferior Si);) ESTJ?

True-but this is why the pattern must be very repeatable and typically bounced off of others to cross check. It I see it once-it is isolated. After about five times-well that's kinda odd.... If only I see it-well if feels true but may not be. If I can get other people to confirm a pattern, then it is much more likely to be accurate. Pattern accuracy os also very dependent upon understanding the landscape of the pattern-if working off a fairly well validated framework, then the pattern is much more likely to be true than a random observation with no framework. Now there is the question of how the frame has been validated, bias towards a specific framework when another may fit better, and misinterpretation of data-all important things to consider.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
He also got mad when I sliced his hot dog in down the middle last night. I explained i didnt want him to choke. He took it to the table then promptly presented me the bowl with the hot dog broken into two pieces and said sternly "We cant be friends anymore" than walked away .....The broken hot dog was symbolic of our estrangement.....alas.

Alas indeed. When I was less than 5 I insisted upon picking my own clothes (usually an assortment of Thomas the Tank Engine goodies). Any deviation from the plan was met with extreme derision.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
True-but this is why the pattern must be very repeatable and typically bounced off of others to cross check. It I see it once-it is isolated. After about five times-well that's kinda odd.... If only I see it-well if feels true but may not be. If I can get other people to confirm a pattern, then it is much more likely to be accurate. Pattern accuracy os also very dependent upon understanding the landscape of the pattern-if working off a fairly well validated framework, then the pattern is much more likely to be true than a random observation with no framework. Now there is the question of how the frame has been validated, bias towards a specific framework when another may fit better, and misinterpretation of data-all important things to consider.

Im lost...this wasnt up for discussion :alttongue:

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
My observation of the oddest thing, that being that INTJs have a thing for *flashy* sports cars.

So, INTJs, OR INTPs, be honest...

Do you like these cars, no, on second thought, I don't really care if you like them for aesthetic reasons, but if you could, would you purchase and drive these cars?!!?!

Just realized how I was gonna answer that made me sound real old (which is strange)... So changing it, I can actually like as you call it 'flashy' cars, sometimes yellow ones (especially that color), indeed aesthetically. I highly doubt it if I would actually ever buy and drive one (Neither alone buy it, maybe alone drive it if gotten the opportunity).

If so, why?

Is it so you could seem cool, rich, like you're hot shit, like you are a man of Importance?
Never for that reason. (But obviously it will be this appearance alone already that will hold one back from actually doing it).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So what do the well to do SPs, NFs and NTs drive and live?

Dude, even if I was a millionaire I wouldn't live in one of those fucking neighborhoods, that's all I know.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Photo of my car that I took this morning.

photo-1.jpg

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't even drive, but I love Dodge Vipers and classic Firebirds/Trans Ams with the birds on the hoods.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
A Ferrari 250 GTO would be the holy grail of my car collection if I could ever manage to lay my hands on one. :yes:

ferrari-250-gto.jpg

1962_ferrari_250_gto_11_m.jpg