• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs; Inferior Se; And Horrible Taste in Automobiles...

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Actually, if there is a point to a thread like this divided along type lines, it's that it seems that choices made by different types won't (often) make direct sense in terms of other types' type preferences.

So, sadly, and once again, this thread isn't really about NTJ Gundam Wings cars penises, same difference. It's about freakin ENFP choices! Always with the me-me-me and what it means about you-you-you. PFFFT!

F isn't F if there isn't evaluation.

Entirely correct. It's a thread about:

NFP: "Why aren't you like me... I like me, I have great views on stuff. I like you but your views are different. It's terrible!"
NTJ: "Officer, problem? Do what I like thanks!"

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
After looking and briefly perusing this thread.

I DO NOT LIKE ANYTHING THAT OVERTLY DISPLAYS ONE'S "SUPERIOR" STATUS

I HATE PEOPLE WHO OSTENTATIOUSLY WEAR/DRIVE THEIR MONEY AROUND, IT'S DISGUSTING, AND CLASSLESS,

AND IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO UNINSPIRED, THE SAME "FANCY" LABELS, THE SAME SYMBOLS OF WEALTH

I am thoroughly judgmental regarding this, I don't like it, it's pathetic and sad.

And, growing up in the environment I had, and living where I do, I see it all the time, and I HATE IT.

/End rant

agreed and eventhough I dont drive, I do like the Porsche 911. But thats from a viewpoint that the model has had so many years behind it and still looks fresh, while only having minor changes compared to other cars.

Personally Id like a car thats comfortable, has good driving abilities and look representable. When it comes to sports cars I dont understand the need for one if you live in the city, you'll never use it to its full potential so its kind of pointless to drive a sports car in the city. Plus wear of the cars in cities compared to the price is silly.

And here in Denmark the price for a new Porsche 911 starts from $324,844 (911 Carrera) and up to $927,861 for the 911 GT2 RS. To put into perspective the Audi A5 Sportsback 1.8 (which is the cheapest A5 Sportsback) costs $90,100 here and the Toyota Prius II costs from $71000 and up, the cheapest Yaris costs from $24000 and up.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, if there is a point to a thread like this divided along type lines, it's that it seems that choices made by different types won't (often) make direct sense in terms of other types' type preferences.

So, sadly, and once again, this thread isn't really about NTJ Gundam Wings cars penises, same difference. It's about freakin ENFP choices! Always with the me-me-me and what it means about you-you-you. PFFFT!

F isn't F if there isn't evaluation.

Thats much different then the me-me-me who cares about you-you-you mentality

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
man, i just love driving shit that goes fast.
i don't care. just make it go.

we go down to the formula one track in malaysia all the time.
rent it out $300/hour, freaking steal, split it with a few friends.
have a ball. you can do motorbikes or cars. not at the same time.

love it. so much fun.

yeah well then having a sportscar make sense

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
That's why I said this was a TJ thing like...four posts ago.

But, yeah, for shizzle those kinds of neighborhoods and such are populated strongly by SJs.

Upper-middle class SJs.

Working and lower-middle class SJs, on the other hand, tend to be more die-hard practical - sure. But not always even then. Depends on their influences.

So what do the well to do SPs, NFs and NTs drive and live?

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
And here in Denmark the price for a new Porsche 911 starts from $324,844 (911 Carrera) and up to $927,861 for the 911 GT2 RS. To put into perspective the Audi A5 Sportsback 1.8 (which is the cheapest A5 Sportsback) costs $90,100 here and the Toyota Prius II costs from $71000 and up, the cheapest Yaris costs from $24000 and up.

ah yes. we get 300% tax on cars here. which is nuts.

singapore is worse man.
i drove around in a tiny city car, and that would have gotten me a sweet ride stateside.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
ah yes. we get 300% tax on cars here. which is nuts.

singapore is worse man.
i drove around in a tiny city car, and that would have gotten me a sweet ride stateside.

yep. And then the americans whine about gasoline prices, when the cheapest gasoline station in copenhagen want about $7,5/gallon today. Plus you pay a green tax yearly compared to to how gasoline efficient the car is.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So what do the well to do SPs, NFs and NTs drive and live?

A fast car, a real "functional" truck(fast as well for a truck). Looks plays a part after fun/functional and a 1500HP supra IS extremely functional. I want a GT-R....I also like different then what most have which means that I will more then likely end up custom if I go that route...something along the lines of a sleeper.

My current project that has been on hold was a 1990 Ford Probe...would have a solid clean paint job(dark grey), nice wheels(dark grey probably), possibly a body kit...under the hood an impported engine with a stand alone engine management system, T3/T04 hybrid turbo pushing about 400-500 horses minimum.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Of course an SJ would drive a car to impress other people. It's called keeping up with the Joneses.

Cookie cutter beige snotty gated neighborhoods are filled with SJs and Beemers.

Don't hate just because you aren't that particular BRAND of SJ.

Some, not all. I know some who may only use the nice stuff on special occasions. Some are crazy enough to not want to use it at all- to just keep it nice looking. But all of us are not like that.

That's not tied to type, or exclusively to SJs. Any competive type would act the same way- If anything it's more of a Te thing, but that's only if your Pi lends to you to believe that keeping up with the Jonses is the way to go.

That's why I said this was a TJ thing like...four posts ago.

But, yeah, for shizzle those kinds of neighborhoods and such are populated strongly by SJs.

Upper-middle class SJs.

Working and lower-middle class SJs, on the other hand, tend to be more die-hard practical - sure. But not always even then. Depends on their influences.

Reflecting on these quotes, my personal experience aligns with IZthe411 here. There are lots of TJ's in my monkeysphere ... I think that TJ's simply want what they want rather than expressly looking to impress other people. I'm not saying that appearances mean nothing ... I think it's about ... if you have worked hard to make your life successful, you should be able to enjoy yourself a little too, have a few "toys". My ESTJ hubs has to be pressed to spend the money though ... he can afford to have something but feels guilty both about wanting it and outlaying the cash. As I think about it, every SJ I know (around my age +) has a frugal streak.

The last car he dreamed on did exceed our budget at the time, but I wanted him to have it - I made him buy it basically - because he does work very hard and should enjoy the fruits of his labours. So, since I handle our finances (I can hear you all laughing out there, but it's true) I adjusted our budget to make it work.

As for me, I am a Subaru girl. All wheels all the time, loves the snow, horizontally opposed boxer engine, great handling and traction, decent price tag.

2008-Subaru-Forester-011_thumb.jpg

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Thats because he doesnt know how to drive it...promise you give me an Audi TT at a consruction site and people wouldnt make fun of me. They may have to duck from flying rocks as the watch my tail lights after work.

That's what he thought :newwink:

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
yep. And then the americans whine about gasoline prices, when the cheapest gasoline station in copenhagen want about $7,5/gallon today. Plus you pay a green tax yearly compared to to how gasoline efficient the car is.

I don't mind trucks at all, but lets be honest; when petrol prices are $8.53/gal at a nearby petrol station for unleaded a more efficient tubro-diesel is a much more affordable vehicle whether that be anything from a Ford to well... anything. I'm sure you can understand that a truck just isn't an option for most UK drivers who need to go to and from work daily as they can have as little as a 3rd of the miles per gallon from the equivalent diesel American style truck.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
SJs drive flashy cars too, and are obsessed with having the best.

This is not about having inferior Se.

I think it may have more to do with being a TJ.

Do you think this applies to TJ males and females? When my ENTJ friend (female) sees a guy in a flashy sports car she says, "Nice car. Sorry about your penis." Cracks me up every time.:cheese:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Entirely correct. It's a thread about:

NFP: "Why aren't you like me... I like me, I have great views on stuff. I like you but your views are different. It's terrible!"
NTJ: "Officer, problem? Do what I like thanks!"

The difficult problem however is there remains some possibility that they're good at having views on stuff. (Too much ragging on subjectivity isn't going to be in our own best interest.)

Perhaps a thread about actually driving a car? I dunno. What's an inferior Se sore point we can blame on other people's inferior Si?

ENFPs; Inferior Si; And Exquisitely Dainty Musclecars with Lilac paint jobs and Rawr and GRR!

(I... I don't know what that means.)

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Reflecting on these quotes, my personal experience aligns with IZthe411 here. There are lots of TJ's in my monkeysphere ... I think that TJ's simply want what they want rather than expressly looking to impress other people. I'm not saying that appearances mean nothing ... I think it's about ... if you have worked hard to make your life successful, you should be able to enjoy yourself a little too, have a few "toys". My ESTJ hubs has to be pressed to spend the money though ... he can afford to have something but feels guilty both about wanting it and outlaying the cash. As I think about it, every SJ I know (around my age +) has a frugal streak.

The last car he dreamed on did exceed our budget at the time, but I wanted him to have it - I made him buy it basically - because he does work very hard and should enjoy the fruits of his labours. So, since I handle our finances (I can hear you all laughing out there, but it's true) I adjusted our budget to make it work.

As for me, I am a Subaru girl. All wheels all the time, loves the snow, horizontally opposed boxer engine, great handling and traction, decent price tag.

2008-Subaru-Forester-011_thumb.jpg

The car I ended up with exceeded what I said I was willing to dish out per month. Really when I bought it I felt it was 'too nice' of a car for me to own. One worry (not significant enough to prevent me) was people would think I thought too much of myself. But everyone who knows me says the car fits me, and I feel it does as well.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The difficult problem however is there remains some possibility that they're good at having views on stuff. (Too much ragging on subjectivity isn't going to be in our own best interest.)

Perhaps a thread about actually driving a car? I dunno. What's an inferior Se sore point we can blame on other people's inferior Si?

ENFPs; Inferior Si; And Exquisitely Dainty Musclecars with Lilac paint jobs and Rawr and GRR!

that doesnt sound inferior Si, more like a repressed man who likes muscle/speed and pretty coming out of the closet with his pretty.

edit: I would say ESTJ :peepwall:

edit again: I get it now...its an INFP or a ESTJ's INFP child which comes out extroverted confusing for a ENFP. Thanks Oro, I like that switching around of functions.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned

Wouldn't that be:

ENFPs; Inferior Si running rampant and painting 'Feature walls' in the lounge, buying clothes that don't match the others you have in your wardrobe and other stories.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I don't mind trucks at all, but lets be honest; when petrol prices are $8.53/gal at a nearby petrol station for unleaded a more efficient tubro-diesel is a much more affordable vehicle whether that be anything from a Ford to well... anything. I'm sure you can understand that a truck just isn't an option for most UK drivers who need to go to and from work daily as they can have as little as a 3rd of the miles per gallon from the equivalent diesel American style truck.

yes yes ofcourse. I do understand that an household in denmark and US might spend the same amount on gas per month. And geopolitical ....

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
yes yes ofcourse. I do understand that an household in denmark and US might spend the same amount on gas per month. And geopolitical ....

I was always in favour of scrapping European fuel duties, all we have done is subsidise low fuel costs elsewhere :/

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

$60US every 4 days right now in Texas for me with a truck