User Tag List

First 78910111959 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I drive a mercedes E. I will no doubt sometime buy myself a 75" corvette which is a bit of a child's dream (although the car is too small for my height to really drive comfortably), but other than that, I like my E.
    Seventy-five inches is indeed a very small car.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

I have an Audi A4. I enjoy it, it looks nice. I don't care too much on flashiness.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

I don't have a license. This gets me almost everywhere. No, I don't wear lycra.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    My first car:

My second car:

My third car:

(Actually third and fourth car. )

Why the RX-8? One reason is it's the only production vehicle in the world that uses a rotary engine:

The only reason why I am "excusing" your choice in vehicles is that I really, really like you.

Also, don't ask me how or why but I know that the Mazda RX-8 is the only car that uses a different style of engine, which I guess is called a rotary engines, (I think I was looking up about engines on wikipedia and my current or ex-boyfriend, or some dude informed me of this interesting factoid), and, seeing how you are a man of physics, and imagination, I guess I'll give you some leeway... but, WHY RED?!?!?!?

It's so bright, and you're a guy, I dunno.

My mummy had a 78' cherry red 450SL convertible that my dad gave to her as a I-hope-you're-not-mad-at-me-that-you're-pregnant-and-just-found-out-that-I'm-married-with-two-kids gift, which she has always hated and I've always loved, because it was vintage and it was a convertible, which in my mind equals FUN FUN FUN!!!!

My dad had some beat up Mercedes dark charcoal gray diesel sedan that looked ghetto because it was weighed down with all his magazines, and periodicals he'd tote around, then he drove one of his daughter's mid to late 80's jettas. I don't know, I thought it was cool that some uber-intelligent radiologist drove such odd beaters.

It's just so annoying when you see a successful professional driving a car that is so uninspired, it's like you could put that entire person's life into a mass-produced jewelery box.

Sorry, I think I've lost my point.

Oh yeah, my favorite car posted thus far is Kalach's

Oh, and Highlander, growing up, my best friend's mother had a badass white Porsche, the style started with a C, and when she'd drive at a certain speed, this "wing" thing would come up, I think it's called a carrera(sp?) Also, my sister's ex, had the same car in a beautiful steel color, and we drove it through the canyons, and yeah, it was fun.

I just don't think geeks should be driving "cool" cars, it's below them.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

After looking and briefly perusing this thread.

I DO NOT LIKE ANYTHING THAT OVERTLY DISPLAYS ONE'S "SUPERIOR" STATUS

I HATE PEOPLE WHO OSTENTATIOUSLY WEAR/DRIVE THEIR MONEY AROUND, IT'S DISGUSTING, AND CLASSLESS,

AND IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO UNINSPIRED, THE SAME "FANCY" LABELS, THE SAME SYMBOLS OF WEALTH

I am thoroughly judgmental regarding this, I don't like it, it's pathetic and sad.

And, growing up in the environment I had, and living where I do, I see it all the time, and I HATE IT.

/End rant
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    WHY RED?!?!?!?
    I can always spot my car in the parking lot, now.

Really, it was what was in the dealer's inventory and had been sitting on their lot for 6 months, it happened to fit my specifications (my specifications don't include color), and I only paid dealer's invoice for it.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I can always spot my car in the parking lot, now.

Really, it was what was in the dealer's inventory and had been sitting on their lot for 6 months, it happened to fit my specifications (my specifications don't include color), and I only paid dealer's invoice for it.
    All logical reasons.

Question: Do you like driving fast?
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Uumlau, I still prefer your first two cars, btw. :P
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I HATE PEOPLE WHO OSTENTATIOUSLY WEAR/DRIVE THEIR MONEY AROUND, IT'S DISGUSTING, AND CLASSLESS,

AND IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO UNINSPIRED, THE SAME "FANCY" LABELS, THE SAME SYMBOLS OF WEALTH

I am thoroughly judgmental regarding this, I don't like it, it's pathetic and sad.

And, growing up in the environment I had, and living where I do, I see it all the time, and I HATE IT.

/End rant
    It sounds like your real issue is with ESxx types, then. They tend to drive around even fancier cars than any INxx type, because they regard the car as a status symbol. The INTJs on here seem to be driving their cars because they like some aspect of their engineering, or because they feel like it suits their personality, or something like that.

I have to say, though, I would think that an Fi user would be the first to say that people have a right to do and have things that align with who they are and what they feel, regardless of what others think of them. Instead, you're bringing down the hammer and complaining about their choices being too "feminine," or "gaudy," which is actually a rather shallow judgment to make.

You don't know why they want that car, or seem to care how the car makes them feel. You're just passing judgment because of what YOU think it represents, and how you perceive it, and you think that they should respect that over their own feelings and reasons.

Ironically, I would say that you're condemning shallowness and vanity in a way that makes you look more shallow than the people you're condemning. Your standards are just reversed... you think more highly of people who drive around beaten-up or understated cars, and think poorly of people who drive around ostentatious ones. You're still using the same "shallow" standard as the person who admires ostentatious cars, you're just turning it upside down.
    Likes Zarathustra liked this post

/End rant
    I totally endorse every single word you are saying-I feel almost exactly the same way about almost everything.... But do to my esfp sister, I learned to drive in a sports car, albeit an old one, and it is SOOOOO fun. I love driving a stick and going really fast and then feeling kinda pressed into my seat as I zoom around corners. But, it was an ugly rusty sports car, so perhaps I dont have to turn in my Fi idealistic card just yet. Hmmm..