User Tag List

First 13536162636465 Last

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Wouldn't drive a truck if you paid me so I agree with your ENTJ.

But why does he have two similar vehicles? I'd ditch the RX-8 and get a more elegant sedan, either Audi or BMW, to grocery get or truck friends around in. This way, there would be more room, a smoother ride with better suspension and handling and an improvement to top and bottom end.

No offense to you truck or RX-8 lovers.

omg im OFFENDED!!!11!eleven

3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    omg im OFFENDED!!!11!eleven

ENTJ humour FTW!

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    It just baffles my mind that any INT would actually care for these gaudy cars.
    Because sports cars are fun to drive?

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Wouldn't drive a truck if you paid me so I agree with your ENTJ.

But why does he have two similar vehicles? I'd ditch the RX-8 and get a more elegant sedan, either Audi or BMW, to grocery get or truck friends around in. This way, there would be more room. a smoother ride with better suspension and handling and an improvement to top and bottom end.

No offense to you truck or RX-8 lovers.
    Fixed. No offense taken. I've never driven a car that handles better than an RX-8. Not that I've driven a lot of different cars, but in the various reviews I've read, it will score low or average in several categories. The torque is low, it's a bit of a fuel hog, etc. But it always scores 10/10 or perfect in handling. The small rotary is what enables it to have a 50/50 weight distribution, which would be missing in your BMW or Audi. It's smooth and quiet enough (the rotary, again) that it can be difficult to tell whether you're going 60 or 85 without looking at the speedometer.

Oh, and it costs half as much as a BMW or Audi, which is probably why his friend can afford both cars.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Fixed. No offense taken. I've never driven a car that handles better than an RX-8. Not that I've driven a lot of different cars, but in the various reviews I've read, it will score low or average in several categories. The torque is low, it's a bit of a fuel hog, etc. But it always scores 10/10 or perfect in handling. The small rotary is what enables it to have a 50/50 weight distribution, which would be missing in your BMW or Audi. It's smooth and quiet enough (the rotary, again) that it can be difficult to tell whether you're going 60 or 85 without looking at the speedometer.

Oh, and it costs half as much as a BMW or Audi, which is probably why his friend can afford both cars.
    The RX-8 single rotary engine is a lot of fun and verrry verrry smooth. But it's inefficient as hell and apparently impossible maintain - one thing breaks it dies horribly (the real reason I didn't buy one).

I would however still choose an Audi A5 over an RX-8 if I could afford one.

I'm not a great fan of the TT, it's kind of a hairdressers car, like a porsche boxter or the MX-5 - I far prefer the looks of the A4 to the TT.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I honestly believe that the only reason he keeps the RX-8 is because it seats 4, and the 370z seats 2. Since the majority of the time we hang out it's him, his brother, and I..... We have to take the RX-8.

Jim, about the breaking down thing - I know he always had trouble in the winter with it. Apparently if it's cold out and you start it up.... And you don't leave it on long enough for the engine to heat up before you shut it off, it breaks something. He had that happen to him twice last winter. He moved his car from street parking to the lot beside his house quick, and the car wouldn't start up the next morning.

As a fun car, the BMW 135i has near 50/50 and packs a punch like no other with its TT. Try it, you'll like it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I drive a 13-year-old Civic with manual transmission. Practical, economical, agile in the city: I'll buy something better when I need it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

But it always scores 10/10 or perfect in handling.
    Handling on the road or the race track? Given that its RWD and we're talking about INTs and potentially unexpected road conditions, I cannot help but suggest 4wd sports cars (or sedans/wagons) are more suitable. My old car has active yaw control (not an Evo), and it handles brilliantly even when the driver does something wrong, or there are unexpected road conditions.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    Handling on the road or the race track? Given that its RWD and we're talking about INTs and potentially unexpected road conditions, I cannot help but suggest 4wd sports cars (or sedans/wagons) are more suitable. My old car has active yaw control (not an Evo), and it handles brilliantly even when the driver does something wrong, or there are unexpected road conditions.
    Both, though I don't do track. The RX-8 is extraordinarily forgiving and responsive. One early morning a few months ago, it was very dark as I came upon a car (cars, actually) stopped with no lights on in the far left lane of a 3-lane 50-mph highway. I noticed them maybe 3-5 seconds before I would have collided with them. I easily changed lanes and drove past without losing any control, in spite of the unwelcome jolt of adrenaline.

Being INT, as you note, I do not push the envelope as a matter of habit. Rather, I like having the wide envelope there just in case I need it. The higher-end models have DSC:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztSqBWlbClw"]DSC[/YOUTUBE]
    Note the degree of control with and without DSC in the video. My current model doesn't have DSC, and I can tell the difference.

As a fun car, the BMW 135i has near 50/50 and packs a punch like no other with its TT. Try it, you'll like it!
    Perhaps, but it's $15k+ pricier, comparing the base price.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.