User Tag List

First 41495051525361 Last

Results 501 to 510 of 681

  1. #501
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Lol, jim, stop nitpicking at me

    You know what I meant. In case you need clarification, I meant people who are not comfortable/not skilled in the field of maturely employing feeling based values. It's like circumventing the work that needs to be put in to learn the skill in order to get to the end result, and imo can only lead to corruption of said work. And, usually, someone who has an F-preference would have more opportunity in gaining these skills, but yeah, I agree it's by no means guaranteed.

    I'm aware my Ti (and therefore my nitpicking skills ) needs work, so work with me here, will ya?

    I know, you like your pet peeve, so feel free to break it out if you must
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  2. #502
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I'm lost. INTJs are using status symbols now?

    Hay, babay, check out my "car", bring your "handbag", we'll go for a "ride".


    How do you people live with yourselves.
    I'm going to stick with you, I think...you seem like the safe INTJ in this thread
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  3. #503
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Lol, jim, stop nitpicking at me

    You know what I meant. In case you need clarification, I meant people who are not comfortable/not skilled in the field of maturely employing feeling based values. It's like circumventing the work that needs to be put in to learn the skill in order to get to the end result, and imo can only lead to corruption of said work. And, usually, someone who has an F-preference would have more opportunity in gaining these skills, but yeah, I agree it's by no means guaranteed.

    I'm aware my Ti (and therefore my nitpicking skills ) needs work, so work with me here, will ya?

    I know, you like your pet peeve, so feel free to break it out if you must
    Imagine, the adoration required for an introvert to explicitly state the ideas of what is on their mind. Isn't the sharing of the introverted thinkers knowledge paramount to adoration of the highest order and emotional depth as deep as the blue sea?

    Truely then every introvert thinker here does have a somewhat loving emotional depth regarding exchange with ENFPs of some sort which they understand and embrace rather than reject; otherwise the INTJ would reject the exchange of intuitions finding the external environment threatening and unwelcoming.

  4. #504
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    And I do appreciate about you...but I get a bit antsy when you kick my Ti-achilles heel
    Especially coz, well,.. you know me and I guess I kinda assume you know what I mean
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  5. #505
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    And I do appreciate about you...but I get a bit antsy when you kick my Ti-achilles heel
    Especially coz, well,.. you know me and I guess I kinda assume you know what I mean
    I know; that's why I smother it with Si kittens to make the data and thoughts seem really friendly on occasion.


  6. #506
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Lol, awwww

    Just... bear with me. Give me the benefit of the doubt when I'm not being precise enough and just ask what I mean..plz?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  7. #507
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Lol, awwww

    Just... bear with me. Give me the benefit of the doubt when I'm not being precise enough and just ask what I mean..plz?
    There is the miscommunication, I thought I understood precisely what you meant. Therefore I didn't ask for clarification/agreement, I just overflowed elaboration.

  8. #508
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    How did I miss this..

    SATINE!!! Is F = Emotion? No!

    S and N are about irrational likes and dislikes - I like purple (sensing) I like ferrets and their ways (intuition!). F is about balancing internal/external systems based upon hunches of what seems right and wrong and T is all about critically analysing internal/external rational and logic!

    Ferrets, clearly an S/N dichotomy! If I were to prefer them for their looks and fluffyness that would be in a sensing way, if it was because of their quirky abilities and how they relate to nature then a bit more intuition.


    Ferrets: Do they know Jung? Does Jung know MBTI? Is god a ferret?
    Your mixing part of Fi judgement with N/S dichotomy. "Ferrets and there ways" are about intuition. Like/dislike have nothing to do with N/S as that is a subjective judgement call where the N/S is the subject part of subjective.

  9. #509
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Your mixing part of Fi judgement with N/S dichotomy. "Ferrets and there ways" are about intuition. Like/dislike have nothing to do with N/S as that is a subjective judgement call where the N/S is the subject part of subjective.
    I disagree because F is a rational function and weighs up pros and cons just like T does but without the characteristic critical analysis, merely based on the internal/external most correct feeling that is available. S and N are irrational functions and have no basis for their choice see: Psychological Types 1921, Carl Jung.

    Why does sensing like blue? Why not. Why does intuition prefer a perfect idea of the natural? Why not. But there are alternatives just an irrational 'this is the one I like best!' that occurs.

    I'm not saying that generally people on typology forums agree with that definition; but it makes the whole jumbled mess much cleaner when the definitions are crisp. Perhaps my context was 'loose' however.

  10. #510
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Thank you for explaining that.

    HOWEVER, what is worth this or that much money not only varies from person to person but from culture to culture. For example, in the United States we pay performers more than we pay people who perform vital services to the community. This isn't so in some other nations.

    So what's important may be measured on a curve, but it's not inherently or objectively the same.
    Everything you say is true: money measures these values in the aggregate. It isn't just how much you value something, it's also how much everyone else values something, and how much of that something exists in the world, and how easy it is to get that something from where it is made to you. It also includes everything involved in making that something:

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6vjrzUplWU"]The story of the pencil[/YOUTUBE]

    In the case of performers, note that most performers are paid very little: lots of people want to be movie stars or rock stars, so there is an oversupply of labor. The market to which the products of a performer are sold is comparatively huge. With the right performer, a single movie or album can sell millions of copies. Unlike the pencil, one cannot simply switch out an expensive performer for a cheap performer the same way one can find a less expensive source of wood, for example. Nor can the music or movie be cheaply duplicated without violating copyright law. It has to be that performer, that copyrighted material. So, a few performers are lucky and make lots of money because they became famous and can take advantage of this latter dynamic, otherwise they'd be as poor as all the other starving artists in the world ... who end up having to take day jobs performing "more vital services."
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Similar Threads

  1. Losing/Breaking possessions and inferior Se
    By greenfairy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 04:46 PM
  2. [NT] NT's and Taste in Comedy
    By Didums in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 02:25 AM
  3. [INFJ] INFJs and bad taste in music.
    By MonkeyGrass in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 02:56 AM
  4. [INTJ] INTJ, Responsibility, Duty and Competency
    By InvisibleJim in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 01:20 PM
  5. [Se] Squashing upstart inferior-Se?
    By Skyward in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 08:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO