User Tag List

First 18262728293038 Last

Results 271 to 280 of 681

  1. #271
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Because some of my opponents are simply expressing displeasure rather than present actual rebuttals.
    As I've said before, every intelligent person who reads this thread is going to see through this statement for the bullshit that it is.

    Considering I have repeatedly rebutted your argument, not the least way of which was via a formal proof based on your own definition of "rational", by making claims like these, you are showing yourself to be either too unintelligent to understand the arguments that have been made, or too lacking in integrity to face up to what they entail (i.e., your being wrong about this).

  2. #272
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Tell me your hobbies so I can tell you why you are a piece of shit for pursuing them.
    Incorrect. It's common knowledge that most people who buy very expensive cars does it for the perceived status. That is not necessarily a bad thing, as long as one is honest to themselves about it.

  3. #273
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Tell me your hobbies, you coward.

  4. #274
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Incorrect.
    Meh.
    It's common knowledge
    Assertion.
    that most people
    Assertion.
    who buy very expensive cars does it for the perceived status.
    Assertion.
    That is not necessarily a bad thing, as long as one is honest to themselves about it.
    Opinion.

    Do you actually have an argument to make?

    I know why I bought my car. Do you know why I bought my car?

    I didn't think so.

    Here's a clue - the OP mentioned Se ... Se has very little to do with status, and a lot more to do with fun.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

  5. #275
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Exactly.
    Furthermore, your arguments have repeatedly been shown to be incredibly weak.
    If they're so weak, why can't you simply present rebuttals that attacks the argument rather than the presenter?

    I don't usually care to point out when people commit informal logical fallacies, as their use does not necessarily make an argument any less true, but, in this circumstance, it does, so I will state it: what you have done is make an argumentum ad populum, which, to be honest, is one of the most see-through and weakest arguments you can make.
    I did not claim that it's true simply because many believe it. I asserted that the prevailing belief is that people who buy expensive cars do it for the perceived status. If you wish to dispel it, then you need to present solid arguments. "I like what I like cuz I like it" is not very convincing.

  6. #276
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    You have been judged and have been found wanting.

  7. #277
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    I kind of love muscle cars! Can I get an honorary inferior Se please?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  8. #278
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Opinion.
    Well, let's change that to "The prevailing belief is that most people who buy expensive cars does it to draw perceived admiration to themselves."

    Do you actually have an argument to make?
    It depends on whether you have one or not.

    I know why I bought my car. Do you know why I bought my car?
    I didn't think so.
    Here's a clue - the OP mentioned Se ... Se has very little to do with status, and a lot more to do with fun.
    Do you think you are representative of typical expensive car buyers? I don't intend any condescension, but the model you bought with the rotary engine does not appear exclusive enough to fall into the truly expensive range. But.....

    How certain are you that the feelings of fun doesn't involve drawing some attention to yourself? If the car looked like a Nissan Versa, would it be just as fun to drive? What if there was no one around to see you?

  9. #279
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Clearly Not Me has a dog in this hunt.

    I wonder what demons he is exorcising by denigrating car enthusiasts...

  10. #280
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    If they're so weak, why can't you simply present rebuttals that attacks the argument rather than the presenter?
    Go back and read the thread.

    All the rebuttals are there.

    Everyone else can see them.

    Whining about ad hominems doesn't make your argument any stronger.

    Nor, as I said before, does including ad hominems make an argument any weaker.

    Logically proving that you're wrong and then calling you an idiot, doesn't mean you weren't just proven wrong.

    (Nor does it mean that you're not an idiot...)

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    I did not claim that it's true simply because many believe it. I asserted that the prevailing belief is that people who buy expensive cars do it for the perceived status. If you wish to dispel it, then you need to present solid arguments. "I like what I like cuz I like it" is not very convincing.
    You're making yourself look like a petulant child, closing his eyes, putting his hands over his ears, and screaming, "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!"
    Last edited by Zarathustra; 01-18-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Losing/Breaking possessions and inferior Se
    By greenfairy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 04:46 PM
  2. [NT] NT's and Taste in Comedy
    By Didums in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 02:25 AM
  3. [INFJ] INFJs and bad taste in music.
    By MonkeyGrass in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 02:56 AM
  4. [INTJ] INTJ, Responsibility, Duty and Competency
    By InvisibleJim in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 01:20 PM
  5. [Se] Squashing upstart inferior-Se?
    By Skyward in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 08:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO