User Tag List

First 614151617182666 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    An STJ I know bought a brand new camaro to keep in his garage and look pretty. What is it with SJ and having nice things instead of actually being able to use things? I dont notice this in NTJs, they are actually more "functional" in this regard.
    Some, not all. I know some who may only use the nice stuff on special occasions. Some are crazy enough to not want to use it at all- to just keep it nice looking. But all of us are not like that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm with SS, and I have to check myself not to judge people with certain types of cars. It's a pretty prejudiced, but easy thing to do. Unless it's an actual hobby, it horrifies me to sink 25+ k into a mode of transportation just because you think it's rad, or it impressess people. I've resolved to never spend more than 10k on a car, and I admit.. my tastes run to ghetto flash. I spent a year driving to work in a 1964 Buick LeSabre 4 door with a matte rose colored (rust) paint job and bubble glass. It was fabulous, and $1200 dollars. My Honda, Lexus and shiny SUV driving coworkers were either very impressed or mostly confused.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Of course an SJ would drive a car to impress other people. It's called keeping up with the Joneses.

Cookie cutter beige snotty gated neighborhoods are filled with SJs and Beemers.

Don't hate just because you aren't that particular BRAND of SJ.

I'm telling you, my bff's ISTJ ex had a Porche and an SUV, and lived in Preston, which is like the Cary, North Carolina version of wanting to live in Brentwood or Beverly Hills.
    That's not tied to type, or exclusively to SJs. Any competive type would act the same way- If anything it's more of a Te thing, but that's only if your Pi lends to you to believe that keeping up with the Jonses is the way to go.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    That's not tied to type, or exclusively to SJs. Any competive type would act the same way- If anything it's more of a Te thing, but that's only if your Pi lends to you to believe that keeping up with the Jonses is the way to go.
    That's why I said this was a TJ thing like...four posts ago.

But, yeah, for shizzle those kinds of neighborhoods and such are populated strongly by SJs.

Upper-middle class SJs.

Working and lower-middle class SJs, on the other hand, tend to be more die-hard practical - sure. But not always even then. Depends on their influences.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

I don't like the flashy sports car thing either. I like men in trucks

My INTJ ex was in construction and wanted to buy an Audi TT convertible. I believe my exact words were, "You may as well drive up to the job site in a pair of panties." He argued the merits of the car and went out and bought it anyway. His first day driving it he came home and said, "All the guys made fun of me!". Who saw that coming? He traded it in 6 months later for a Landcruiser. Wise choice.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    INTJ

I want a sports car but my first car will probably be a Hiace or some other van/spacious car.
    I hate half ass sporty cars. Like a megane with a "sport" pack. its not sporty its poverty. FF cars in general is fail.
    4WD or RWD or you can ditch it.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by JoSunshine View Post
    I don't like the flashy sports car thing either. I like men in trucks

My INTJ ex was in construction and wanted to buy an Audi TT convertible. I believe my exact words were, "You may as well drive up to the job site in a pair of panties." He argued the merits of the car and went out and bought it anyway. His first day driving it he came home and said, "All the guys made fun of me!". Who saw that coming? He traded it in 6 months later for a Landcruiser. Wise choice.
    Thats because he doesnt know how to drive it...promise you give me an Audi TT at a consruction site and people wouldnt make fun of me. They may have to duck from flying rocks as the watch my tail lights after work.

I settled for a truck with power. The looks on peoples faces as a truck is sliding around a turn is great, especially when they are right next to you turning and all they can see is the bottom part of your door.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    An STJ I know bought a brand new camaro to keep in his garage and look pretty. What is it with SJ and having nice things instead of actually being able to use things? I dont notice this in NTJs, they are actually more "functional" in this regard.
    Actually, if there is a point to a thread like this divided along type lines, it's that it seems that choices made by different types won't (often) make direct sense in terms of other types' type preferences.

So, sadly, and once again, this thread isn't really about NTJ Gundam Wings cars penises, same difference. It's about freakin ENFP choices! Always with the me-me-me and what it means about you-you-you. PFFFT!

F isn't F if there isn't evaluation.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

My current car and perhaps the best-looking one I have had in ten years:

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    My current car and perhaps the best-looking one I have had in ten years:

i got one of these babies rotting in our bike storage thingy. it needs an extreme make over tho, basically new everything but the body

"Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read