• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs; Inferior Se; And Horrible Taste in Automobiles...

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, let's change that to "The prevailing belief is that most people who buy expensive cars does it to draw perceived admiration to themselves."
Still an assertion.

It depends on whether you have one or not.
In other words, you have no argument. You only seek to contradict others and score points.

Do you think you are representative of typical expensive car buyers? I don't intend any condescension, but the model you bought with the rotary engine does not appear exclusive enough to fall into the truly expensive range. But.....
Reread the OP. It isn't about "typical" expensive car buyers, but INTJs.

And no, my car isn't expensive at all. I also know, by virtue of knowing Silly and Oro that the OP partially originated due to Oro's familiarity with the car I own and her understanding of INTJ's Se.

How certain are you that the feelings of fun doesn't involve drawing some attention to yourself?
Very.
If the car looked like a Nissan Versa, would it be just as fun to drive?
Assuming it drove the same, yes.
What if there was were no one around to see you?
Then I could really play.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Not-Me is a P.

TP probablee.

Pffft, like anyone has to justify an inferior interest. Well actually, I suppose they do. It's inferior, aka rejected by the dominant processing, so... something. But NTJ interest in physical stuff isn't just about physical stuff. If they really like the physical stuff, it probably also appeals to more dominant processing--future gazing, logical/technically-oriented, expressions of competence they can feel good about... etc... plus probably not too exaggeratedly physical. Do we, for instance, have a thread about NTJ motorcycles?

As in, which one would you ride:

icare-motorcycle-concept-11.jpg

or

09iron883.jpg

?

EDIT: to be honest, probably the second. The first looks too powerful and since it is obviously (meant to appear) very high tech (it's a concept pic, not a real bike), it is currently beyond my technical ability to get my head around. It isn't appealing, although it is cool. But if it became more "real", as in more like a real consumer device, and represented the current state of good tech, then probably it'd be more appealing than the second.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

(Ahem, yeah, I guess aspirational Si would likely show up when ENxPs do sloppy make-up and play the Expensive Lady or decorate a tiny corner of the house to play Mrs. Perfect Housewife for, like, 2 short seconds, before tripping over their own heels, while discussing politics and forgetting all about crossing their legs for decency... :blush:)[/I]

HAHA SO TRUE!!!

I'm not a big fan of cars, they bore me to tears, but I like luxury cars which make me feel safe, like a nice Lexus or something. Could this also be inferior Si?

EDIT: In my case I never trip in heels (too many years of dance) but when I was employed in clubs I sometimes was told by my gentlemen customers that my false eyelashes were crooked, I'm terrible with false nails can't keep 'em for more than a couple of weeks, I never want to spend much time fixing my hair, and I've had other women try to get me to change the way I do my make-up, because I find something that works and I pretty much stick with it.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
mechanical stuff to me is close to art. Some times it is. spesially when its all open and you can see the inner workings. Dunno why.. Perhaps its admiration for its complexity?
When i was younger it was so alien.. like those things were from a different plannet.
locomotive.jpg

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/08/30/car-feature-gt-gt-a-littleboy-s-rat-rod-dreamin.aspx
Steampunk:http://thegoldenboysaga.wordpress.com/2009/10/19/inspirational-steam-punk-art/

I think i got a thang for unfamiliar/unearthy things. that goes for sounds to. http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/waroftheworlds/tripod.wav

Later i became more interested in the engines. And spesially how to tune and improve them.

My interest in cars has most likely NOTHING to do with status. its about the looks of the car, the sound, the feel how it works, adjustments and how that affect the other aspects. You can improve car tremendously so i guess it fullfills my need to make things more efficiently and so on.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
To satisfy all y'alls inferior Se.

:D

images

images

images

images

images

Vroom vroom, meoooow!!!!

:smooch:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It was a joke. Try to crack a smile.

Freakin' aspies...:wink:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is there a reason you are following my posts around like a lost puppy?

Probably coz that stick up your ass is a challenge she cannot pass up :D
It needs removal, pronto!

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Ok, maybe I'm projecting..just a little :smooch:

Well you know me, I consider projecting the act of humanising those around us by attempting to identify what is common to us all; I can only approve of your attempted empathy! :hug: