User Tag List

First 513141516172565 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You're so wrapped up in theory you can't see reality.

SJs do this too, for social competence.
    This? Buy cutting edge for social competence?

If by "cutting edge" you mean well-established technology products with social cachet which are available on personalised money-saving deals, then yeah, sure. But if by cutting edge you mean cutting edge, then what theory of society and people were you using again?

This Kickass Te has got to stop.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

SJs drive flashy cars too, and are obsessed with having the best.

This is not about having inferior Se.

I think it may have more to do with being a TJ.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

@ Jim

It's a vent, a joking one at that. It's a way to let off steam and at the same time be curious as wlel as figure out why on earth people do certain things. I dunno about silly, but I usually do this with a little tongue in cheek, to release some frustration, as well as to learn something and ultimately adjust Fi if need be. Therefore, it's not a finished conclusion, so stop getting your knickers in a twist

Also, I personally love NTJs getting all enthused and geeky about stuff. And hell, I love the fact that you think of practical and efficient things which would never've crossed my mind. Doesnt mean I necessarily agree with your priorities or that I wont' be rolling my eyes at you, and mock you..just a little bit
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ

What does "NT" mean if not "is attracted to potential in ideas"? And how does this not show up in such actions as purchasing decisions? Why would such people not be attracted to items that are both well-enough constructed and new enough that they successfully embody what comes next? And if there really are people who can be typed S, and more particularly SJ, how do they avoid finding well-established information essential in making decisions on buying stuff? How are they not attracted primarily to proven devices? S and N is not a genuine distinction? It doesn't indicate a qualitative difference in such conscious activities as daily decision-making?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    What does "NT" mean if not "is attracted to potential in ideas"? And how does this not show up in such actions as purchasing decisions? Why would such people not be attracted to items that are both well-enough constructed and new enough that they successfully embody what comes next? And if there really are people who can be typed S, and more particularly SJ, how do they avoid finding well-established information essential in making decisions on buying stuff? How are they not attracted primarily to proven devices? S and N is not a genuine distinction? It doesn't indicate a qualitative difference in such conscious activities as daily decision-making?
    An STJ I know bought a brand new camaro to keep in his garage and look pretty. What is it with SJ and having nice things instead of actually being able to use things? I dont notice this in NTJs, they are actually more "functional" in this regard.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post

I'd love to key the car of an INTJ and watch him erupt.........funny shit.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    +1

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    SJs drive flashy cars too, and are obsessed with having the best.

This is not about having inferior Se.

I think it may have more to do with being a TJ.
    You must want to be an SJ, you are obsessed with them, and don't know what you are talking about half the time.

Most SJs drive sensible cars. You'd be hard pressed to find one who is driving something simply to impress other people. That's not our MO.
    Somebody mentioned that they would spend top dollar for what they perceive to be quality and worth the money. That's an SJ's motive as well.

MBTI
    INTJ

BTW that Cat makes me never want to eat an ice cream bar again.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    You must want to be an SJ, you are obsessed with them, and don't know what you are talking about half the time.

Most SJs drive sensible cars. You'd be hard pressed to find one who is driving something simply to impress other people. That's not our MO.
    Somebody mentioned that they would spend top dollar for what they perceive to be quality and worth the money. That's an SJ's motive as well.
    Of course an SJ would drive a car to impress other people. It's called keeping up with the Joneses.

Cookie cutter beige snotty gated neighborhoods are filled with SJs and Beemers.

Don't hate just because you aren't that particular BRAND of SJ.

I'm telling you, my bff's ISTJ ex had a Porche and an SUV, and lived in Preston, which is like the Cary, North Carolina version of wanting to live in Brentwood or Beverly Hills.