• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTJs...

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don`t make chaos and drama. I just start to wonder wtf i did wrong.

I got AD/HD i can jump around all day if you want to play.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Who said anything about doing anything wrong? I'm just naturally inclined to cause randomness and chaos...I share that with my NTP brothers :devil:
I've also found it to be the perfect antidote to you guys bouncing off the walls coz you're bored. That, or smother you in cuddles :alttongue:

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, definitely. I'm almost always up for some power play, except for when I'm studying or being engaged in other hobbies. I am willing to invest in case of a tough competition, since I find it extra challenging, but in the meantime, I am not willing to give up on easier prays.
I still need to eat until I catch the big one, but it'll definitely be the focus of my attention.

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly though.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ohh you did :D

*ponders*

*starts putting together battle strategy* :devil:

F

figsfiggyfigs

Just the thought irritates me to no end.

If I feel that its a serious conversation, and they desperately need it. I will put it aside. w.e is important enough to be occupying my mind.
If I feel that you're just being a nuisance and you don't even realize it. I would probably tell you to stop contacting me for a few days. I hate feeling suffocated.

if it would be considered more work if I were to draw their attention by deliberately creating chaos which they usually feel compelled to straighten out...something I very much enjoy experiencing firsthand :devil:

Quiet honestly, I would question the maturity of the person I'm with if they felt the need to do that.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Its not a need, its more a way to have fun. Sparring, if you will.

As I said, I wouldn't do that to someone who's clearly not in the mood, or enjoying it. That's also why I am asking this, to finetune my interpretation as to when and if they're up for it. It's like a mental game of tag, and I've found that a lot of NTJs, when they're not in work-mode, are up for a bit of fun ;)

Suffocating you or whining at you is that last thing on my mind. Prodding however...well, that's like a mental pillow fight for me. I however rather not hit you over the head with a pillow when you're distracted elsewhere and potentially working on something important :)

F

figsfiggyfigs

Having fun ( being playful) is not drama to me. I guess there was a vocabulary issue.

Drama is more serious, and thats what I was referring to earlier. Its fun as hell to watch when i'm not involved or my family and friends are not involved.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
It's totally suffocating and whining and drama though. :p When misjudged it's entirely ridiculous because we will think "Can't you find anything better to do than try to wreck what I'm doing."

Also if you came in and scratched my Teflon pans or left my kitchen in a mess you'd be out the door so fast you might make a small crater in the front garden. Destruction and mess is not approved of when it means I have to do something I dislike. Like observing the use of metal utensils on my Teflon pans.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol...see, now there's the attitude I'm trying to invoke :devil:

And I would never do such a thing..I would however consider making you work for some things you have come to expect and take for granted...in all ways. And to change our routine, just for the heck of it and see if you will let me or will restore order :smooch:

sculpting

Oddly I must admit I would find it a bit fun to be naughty with respect to an ENTJ women I worked with at one point. She was SO dominating, so she would issue an order and I would go "well, you know, what about this?" and sort of spiral out in Ne land a touch. Then another even terser order, then another Ne spiral...like I was just outside of her bounds of control. But I didnt want to make her hate me, just play, so within 2-3 orders, I would usually give in. It was like a game we played. She seemed to like me, as much as an ENTJ will and found me reasonably competent. Often my ideas seemed to be of value and were implemented so I figure I didnt drive her too nuts.

Satine do you ever find yourself practicing INTJ diversionary tactics-like vomiting a chunk of Ne to throw them off of their Te mission? I didnt really realize I was doing this until watching my parenting style with the 3 yo INTJ. He will get fixated on some objective and I introduce random insanity to momentarily shift his course. "I WANT THE TOY" "Oh, well I like purple and we need some taco meat, can you hold this please? ". I dont plan it-it just is how I respond without thought.

My older kid-an enfp-did find the funniest way to torment the baby intj. The baby intj always wants to context shift around objects and talk about what you use them for. So the ENFP just keeps insisting on a fixed context. Within about three exchanges, the baby INTJ is getting so pissed and yelling and trying to stab his brother with a fork. The other way to piss off the baby intj is to laugh at one of his carefully formulated ideas. He will walk up with very seriously considered ideas and then state his conclusion. Because he is context shifting he mixes all his categories up so the conclusion can be hysterical. If you laugh at him, he becomes EXTREMELY irate and petulant and stomps off so I had to learn to listen very seriously and give him feedback.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol...are they like born with sticks up their asses? :D

Hmm..you ask a good question. I just automatically feel like mucking about when things are too serious, unless I recognize that it's time to be serious and get shit done. And I cannot resist making someone who has a stick up their asses, laugh. It's like a personal mission, I *have* to try. And the best way to do that is to make them go completely :huh: while they're desperately trying to grasp wtf you're on about. And that's unfortunatley where Ne shines :devil:

It also gets them out of their brooding and their being bored as they are distracted. And despite not wanting to, I have a flair for the dramatic and few people are as easily entertained by that and as able to accomodate that as NTJs are, I've found, much to my surprise, btw, considering how serious they can get. They like watching on the sidelines, like a good tv-show preferably with some popcorn :doh:

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
My older kid-an enfp-did find the funniest way to torment the baby intj. The baby intj always wants to context shift around objects and talk about what you use them for. So the ENFP just keeps insisting on a fixed context. Within about three exchanges, the baby INTJ is getting so pissed and yelling and trying to stab his brother with a fork. The other way to piss off the baby intj is to laugh at one of his carefully formulated ideas. He will walk up with very seriously considered ideas and then state his conclusion. Because he is context shifting he mixes all his categories up so the conclusion can be hysterical. If you laugh at him, he becomes EXTREMELY irate and petulant and stomps off so I had to learn to listen very seriously and give him feedback.

And people wonder why INTJs generally don't like people?

Lol...see, now there's the attitude I'm trying to invoke :devil:

And I would never do such a thing..I would however consider making you work for some things you have come to expect and take for granted...in all ways. And to change our routine, just for the heck of it and see if you will let me or will restore order :smooch:

Past experience would dictate that if someone is messing up with my routine somewhere I would simply build it somewhere where it can't be knocked down by brats :p It is after all the definition of madness to repeat the same action and to expect a different result.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh come on...let me muck about a bit!!! You might even enjoy the results :smooch:

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Oh come on...let me muck about a bit!!! You might even enjoy the results :smooch:

So you always say. ;) But we will end up only giving you the 'light stuff' to play with until you gain our confidence that you aren't going to break those until we let you into the real fun :p

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey I have no problem with you deciding on the bigger picture. In fact, it's reassuring that you do. However, if you won't, I might just muck about with that too till you decide to get down to business already :alttongue:

I do appreciate it though that you let me muck about with the smaller stuff and don't sweat it. That's just fun and awesome :hug:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
So this isn't a question about NTJs. It's some ridiculous question of the form, can I be meeee? What's up with asking permission to approach the world in the way you naturally do?

If all the world were to do this, not only would it be a more polite place, but very definitely closer to world piece. Why, I remember a time when the kids used to ask me, Pappy, can we play in the yard? And I'd tell em naw, and they'd squeal. Then I'd tell em go on, git out in that yard and play, but don't touch yer sister she has the plague. I liked to mess with the kids that way. For one thing it help the sister to grow up stronger, and ironically with some sexual problems, who knew that playing doctor at home was that important? Anyway, for another, it helped the kids learn boundaries. Sure, the boundaries changed often, but what of it?

And that's all I have to say about that.

Do tired ENFPs like to come home from work and be told important things in an abstract code that quite clearly relates to very important and real conditions but doesn't make clear the connection?

Sure they do. It's fun. When I were a boy we used to do it to the neighbourhood ENFP. She lived at the bottom of a well were her father had dumped one time. An aunt used to drop her some food sometimes. But we'd go over there and yell out abstract mathematics. Boy, would she squeal. Good times. Someone's not getting any, we'd call out.

SOMEONE'S NOT GETTING ANY!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL, welcome to the party, Kalach. That's a cute little story.

I don't mind being ranted at by an enthused INTJ about some abstract mathproblem, as long as he doesn't require me to think *with* him since my brain is already fried and tired.
So perhaps I shoudln't expect you boys to wanna do anything else but watch? ;)

sculpting

Lol...are they like born with sticks up their asses? :D

well..his daycare describes him as a little british librarian. But he is mostly very nice to other kids and is very sweet to mom.

And people wonder why INTJs generally don't like people?

And people wonder why people dont generally like INTJs. You guys come loaded with a set of very unique characteristics and a desire for controlling the world around you. The enfp told me the other day "Have fun being corrected by a three year old" as the intj never holds back. Part of being a good parent is to appreciate and laugh at the funny things your kids do, then do the best you can to be supportive of what they need to grow healthily and give the space to do so.

It is interesting how quickly kids learn to push each other's buttons though, even esoteric INTJ buttons. And enfps dont like to be controlled-unless another person has earned that right. So the enfp kid will continue to defy the INTJ kid in his funny ENFP way, just to push back on the INTJ's attempts to control him. A power dynamic.

sculpting

Oddly the "abstract blah blah" is Ni vomit. I have spent many hours hanging out with intjs over the years listening to Ni vomit. If I have the time-I learn amazing stuff. Like listening to someone verbalize their thesis-which by all accounts should be hideously boring but for whatever the reason, I always greatly enjoy it. It is like information that has been encoded in the right format. Ni vomit can be very calming oddly.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
LOL, welcome to the party, Kalach. That's a cute little story.

I don't mind being ranted at by an enthused INTJ about some abstract mathproblem, as long as he doesn't require me to think *with* him since my brain is already fried and tired.
So perhaps I shoudln't expect you boys to wanna do anything else but watch? ;)

S'matter? You don't like a challenge? Something random, seemingly unrelated to the work at hand?

Pffft, enfps. No fun.